BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

£10m is cheap if we go up for O'Brien...

10 million is cheap for promotion, certainly, if he can make the difference. But in and of itself, 10 million for a Premiership side who would need a Prem-capable midfielder, for a player who hasn't hit it off in his (albeit brief) time in the Prem, sounds less appealing. Of course, if we are lucky enough to get to that point, we won't give a shit about 10 million.

• Like 1

O'Brien close to Blackburn loan, but Cook staying at Forest

Nottingham Forest are close to agreeing a loan deal for midfielder Lewis O'Brien to join Blackburn. 

He was a target for Sheffield United, too.

Steve Cook, though, will be staying at Forest. 

Sky Sports News has been told he wants to stay at the city ground and fight for his place, despite interest from a number of Championship clubs including Stoke and Luton, and despite the expected arrival of Felipe from Atletico Madrid.

Posted just now on SS

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

10 million is cheap for promotion, certainly, if he can make the difference. But in and of itself, 10 million for a Premiership side who would need a Prem-capable midfielder, for a player who hasn't hit it off in his (albeit brief) time in the Prem, sounds less appealing. Of course, if we are lucky enough to get to that point, we won't give a shit about 10 million.

Agreed but even if he wasn't to prove his worth in the premier league in the even we were to get promoted you would still have some parachute clubs willing to pay a reasonable fee for him so we would claw £4 or £5 million back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Steve Cook, though, will be staying at Forest. 

Sky Sports News has been told he wants to stay at the city ground and fight for his place, despite interest from a number of Championship clubs including Stoke and Luton, and despite the expected arrival of Felipe from Atletico Madrid.

Posted just now on SS

That's sort of understandable. At 31 it's likely he doesn't have much time left to play in the Prem, and a loan won't change his financial bottom line. In fact maybe loans result in players potentially earning a bit less by not being eligible for appearance, goal bonuses etc whilst at another club? Not sure if it works that way or not.

39 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Midfielder then striker in that order for me. So I'm glad to see this O'Brien move might happen. 

I'd be hopeful we send one of ours out on loan though to get some experience. 

I'd hope we send one back to Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I was hoping the match might provide a distraction…. but I suspect it will only further highlight the glaring areas for improvement in the squad. Gallagher nailed on to have an absolute nightmare and Morton with another assist for the opposition.

Neither are starting, but other than that top marks!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The only trouble is these are 6 month loans.  There's no long term building.  Promotion this season Is a must 

We haven't made the playoffs since we got relegated.

Signing players of the calibre of O'Brien would be beyond us to do on a permanent deal and what would we be getting for what it is costing us for O'Brien if we had persued a permanent option in this window.

Even Thomas you would have been talking £3 or 4 million at least and matching or bettering his salary 

Still need a striker and O'Brien confirmed