BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Maybe he's going to be an absolute class act, I've no idea, but this seems a strange one on the face of it. Surely the only position (along with central defence) where we really don't need to sign any new young players in the 19-year old kind of bracket. Wharton and Garrett coming through, Buckley and Travis have shown (well, mostly) that they can handle this level, two loanees who will regularly take up the two spots there for the rest of the season, and even other senior players who can fill in there (Edun, JRC, Mola, Dack if needs must). Where's the pathway for him? The two mostly playing there for the rest of the season will be gone in the summer, but still...surely at that point we'd want a senior player bringing in for reliability.

This is the type of signing that we'd potentially be jealous of if another club pulled it off.

A teenager that has garnered interest from premier league clubs and promotion rivals is just the type of signing we should be going for. 

There's definitely disappointment that we haven't managed to sign a striker, but this I hope to see signings like this on a consistent basis. I'd much rather this than a 19-22 year old on loan from a premier league club. This is our only chance of signing a truly 'special' player. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, booth said:

When Brereton goes we’re a bit fucked really aren’t we.

Nahhh.

When he goes, we'll spend all the summer window chasing a striker (it will still only be one, even though we needed one already and will also need to replace Brereton). About 90 targets will fall away for reasons that we definitely, definitely couldn't do anything about, whilst other Championship clubs with and without parachute money manage fine. But it will be impossible that we could have done any better. Then on the last day we will be 'assessing' some mystery targets who'll never be named, assess that we really can't afford them, and sign a defender and a reserve keeper instead, or somesuch. Ideally whichever positions we are most heavily stocked in at the time. We'll loan out an attacker. This will all seem terrible, BUT, the day will be saved when some posters on here (who had told us we would sign a striker before the deadline) inform us that we didn't need a striker anyway, as Gallagher and Vale are up to the job. Any insistence to the contrary will be met with 'but people said that about Brereton'. And what did we expect from the window anyway? We're not Man City, and that's a very relevant point to make about a Championship side. The owners love us, and have agreed to subsidise the chicken in the canteen to help us make ends meet.

I can't wait, and I can't understand your pessimism.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

This is the type of signing that we'd potentially be jealous of if another club pulled it off.

A teenager that has garnered interest from premier league clubs and promotion rivals is just the type of signing we should be going for. 

There's definitely disappointment that we haven't managed to sign a striker, but this I hope to see signings like this on a consistent basis. I'd much rather this than a 19-22 year old on loan from a premier league club. This is our only chance of signing a truly 'special' player. 

If it was in any position other than central midfield or central defence, I'd agree. You would have to think A. Wharton or Garrett are going out on loan in the summer now, there can't be many games in their immediate futures.

13 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Artem Dzyuba ia a free agent. Might be worth a try. Huge target man who could bring good finishing and shithousery. He is slow and maybe past his best but could be effective on a short term deal.

Just put pen to paper with Bacup Borough. That Brent Peters is a good manager. Should have him at Rovers!! 

12 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Will my battery hold up is biggest question. If no striker comes in can we not play Diaz down the middle and sorba where he plays with O'brien in the middle and we are stronger?

If you're lucky, your phone battery won't hold up. That will save you smashing your phone completely if you find out it's all fallen through.

6 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Any chance JB and the others are wrong and a ST is signed sealed and delivered? 

Well yeh, there's a chance someone has signed, sealed and delivered their Season Ticket to the club, with 'Fuck you Venkys' scrawled over it.

• Like 1

12:49am

Rovers’ Director of Football Gregg Broughton said: “Dilan has made huge steps forward in his development since the World Cup break and has demonstrated this in his recent first team performances.

“What we needed to do now was to provide Dilan with a short-term platform to continue that progress on a weekly basis in order to prepare him for our first team next season.

“We are very grateful to Aberdeen for giving him that opportunity and look forward to monitoring his development on a weekly basis in the Scottish Premiership.”

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Well it's 1am.. we've missed the last available deadline to announce right?

1am is just a deadline to get the paperwork finalised. We can announce it whenever we feel like. If there's anything to announce.

• Like 1