BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

• Backroom

Glad I gave up and went to bed, odd lack of communication at all last night from the club not even the usual post match stuff 

Still imagine a couple of incomings got done but would just prefer a one liner telling us!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Glad I gave up and went to bed, odd lack of communication at all last night from the club not even the usual post match stuff 

Still imagine a couple of incomings got done but would just prefer a one liner telling us!

What is even stranger is that they announced Markanday going out on loan. We just have to hope that the signings are that good that they wanted to make a big announcement rather than it being hidden amongst the chaos of transfer deadline night (not holding breath though).

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Tbf a simple announcement could have been made. Just something like:

'We won't have any further news this evening, but initial paperwork was submitted before the deadline for (X amount) players. We will give an update in the morning and hope to have good news!'

And pigs will fly 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Tbf a simple announcement could have been made. Just something like:

'We won't have any further news this evening, but initial paperwork was submitted before the deadline for (X amount) players. We will give an update in the morning and hope to have good news!'

That wouldn’t make it better. You can’t react to every rumour on the internet with a statement providing a transfer update before anything is final, just because some fans would like to hear about it.

Presumably, there is a reason for why we haven’t announced anything - possibly because there isn’t anything to announce. I doubt the club are doing this for the sake of it.

7 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

We’ve signed the best midfielder in the league from last season, agreed packages on our end with clubs for 2 strikers, and he doesn’t run the clubs social media. Can we give GB 5 minutes off the hurling abuse!

Lol... Okay Gregg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

That wouldn’t make it better. You can’t react to every rumour on the internet with a statement providing a transfer update before anything is final, just because some fans would like to hear about it.

Presumably, there is a reason for why we haven’t announced anything - possibly because there isn’t anything to announce. I doubt the club are doing this for the sake of it.

Eh? I'm talking about a blanket statement, not a reaction to every rumour. The club knows fans stay up late hanging on for news, it's no effort at all to put out a simple statement. If there's nothing to announce, announce there's nothing happening. I'm not saying it's a massive deal, just a common courtesy to those who care.

At the stage we are talking about, the club knew if something was in the offing or not. And it couldn't conceivably hamper any deal to mention it.

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yep. The only hope we have is that Brereton pulls his finger out, recovers his scoring form and doesn't get injured.

That is a possibility I suppose......

You have high hopes... Dude is Ben Brereton again 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

We’ve signed the best midfielder in the league from last season, agreed packages on our end with clubs for 2 strikers, and he doesn’t run the clubs social media. Can we give GB 5 minutes off the hurling abuse!

What strikers? We haven't signed anyone.  We've loaned in another player which will be futile as he will be off in the summer unless the highly unlikely event we are promoted

23 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Even if we got just O'brien over the line, it would be a better window than summer, despite signing 4 less. 

Hats off if we've got him. 

1 minute ago, M_B said:

Even if we got just O'brien over the line, it would be a better window than summer, despite signing 4 less. 

Hats off if we've got him. 

How so? We signed a number of players in the summer to fill crucial positions.  We've signed 2 short term loans for areas that weren't our biggest concern.  Midfield could be improved yes. These won't be our players in the summer. We haven't addressed fullback or striker. I think it's been a very poor window