BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If we haven't brought in a striker that's pretty bad, but to then let one of our attacking talents leave on loan on the final day is baffling.

We knew we needed to add an attacker on 1st January but we may actually ended up with two less than we started the window with.

Bit baffled by this comment. If we are talking about Markanday and Hirst, Thomas arrived so that Markanday could leave on loan. 

The less said about Hirst the better, let's just say it's no loss

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Seen a lot of people confidently claim that the O' Brien deal is done. Can anyone with 100% certainty categorically say it is though? Have we ballsed that up aswell.

I've not seen him holding up a blue and white scarf but I have been told it is done by someone at the club. 

Even my arse is getting twitchy now though!

Hope is there's a couple of names to be announced today, Expectation is that we achieved fuck all and the announcement is that there is no announcement!

Fully expect to hear nothing. Hope to be proved wrong. 

There are clubs with more strict FFP restrictions than ours that still manage to get business done more efficiently than us. Amateur shambles at times. 

Edited by benhben

1 minute ago, Roverite94 said:

same old. 

C50E0704-D347-4893-97C0-C3AD0E6B264F.png

Even Rich Sharpe is getting twitchy. If O'brien has fallen through do the club not realise it would be better to just fess up rather than playing this waiting game. 

Even if there is some kind of appeal going on, communications 101 is to keep people in the loop. Sure people would be frustrated, but the deafening silence only makes things worse. 

If there's no announcement soon it's becoming very disrespectful to the fans. This is our club. We invest our money and time. We want to know what is going on. 

3 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I'm an optimist but this is crap.

Yes, the more this goes on, the more worried I become. It would be so easy to put out a message - could even by a teaser - eg 2 signed, but who, find out at 10.

Lack of anything makes me worried they are just trying to line up their excuses for the media

• Like 5

The silence is deafening. It looks like there's been a problem and we may not even get O'Brien, never mind a new striker. This isn't how it should be when the club (for the 2nd successive season) is in a good position in the league and has the chance to have a serious go at the play-offs.

You only have to conclude the club doesn't t really want promotion and/or the people running are just plain incompetent. What shambles 

Hope the above is all wrong

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

That’s me done for the season if we’ve been this negligent / downright f*cling incompetent, with getting at a minimum, O’Brien over the line. Our club, under ‘this lot’, never ever ceases to amaze me.

Why would you be "done" when we are having our best season in both the league and the cup competitions for several years ?

• Like 1