BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

None of this should surprise anyone. I think we were knocked for 6 when Undav decided to stay at Brighton and that other lad was retained by his French club.

The most disappointing thing is that we don't seem to have a tap into the Scandinavian market, which is what you'd think the manager and the DoF would bring by default considering their previous jobs. I was expecting at least one shrewd signing from there in the past 2 windows.

Also the Dutch market, JDT played the majority of his career there and lives there with his family. Burnley seem to be all over the Belgian league, it shouldn’t be so difficult.

• Like 2

Hopefully this is just a case of shocking PR. I mean the Club couldn't even be arsed confirming or quashing the rumours about whether our star player has signed a pre contract agreement to leave in summer which surfaced 3-4 days ago.

If not, and we've messed up the O Brien deal and failed to land a striker after offloading Hirst and letting Markanday go out on loan then it imo it marks a new low in the day to day running of the Club by those on the ground. The longer the silence goes on the more likely it seems they're trying to compose their excuses. How difficult is it do issue a brief one liner confirming any signings then hold a press conference with the players when convenient?

Not commenting further until there's some sort of official word

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hopefully this is just a case of shocking PR. I mean the Club couldn't even be arsed confirming or quashing the rumours about whether our star player has signed a pre contract agreement to leave in summer which surfaced 3-4 days ago.

If not, and we've messed up the O Brien deal and failed to land a striker after offloading Hirst and letting Markanday go out on loan then it imo it marks a new low in the day to day running of the Club by those on the ground. The longer the silence goes on the more likely it seems they're trying to compose their excuses. How difficult is it do issue a brief one liner confirming any signings then hold a press conference with the players when convenient?

Not commenting further until there's some sort of official word

GB will only make comments after the window.

Well it's past 10 am, the day after transfer deadline day and not a thing being announced by the club to their supporters, all rather unsatisfactory and poor.

As my old boss used to say "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys", though sadly in Rovers case that is not so, as they are all paid very well.

The owners and their representatives, the Board of Directors, club operations, management team, senior football team and all the many and various backroom staff, must be surely embarrassed at the behaviour to their supporters?

Or probably not.

• Like 1

What an absolute shambles.  I really feel like that's me done (It won't be). The emotional energy, time and money the last 10 years have taken feel like a really poor use of time and resources.  It feels like the club has very little organisation, ambition or idea that the fans like to see entertaining football.  It's dire.  Be better putting that cash towards paying my astronomical energy bills and weekends away with the family.   

Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but to me, looking in from the outside it feels like the club is gripped with malaise and apathy.  I'll eat humble pie if we unveil several decent players later on but, based upon the past decade I'm not getting my hopes up.  Shite!

• Like 6

I've basically avoided this thread all January because I find it pointless getting worked up until everything plays out.

However, if we've really let O'Brien fall through and not signed a striker, we've truly hit new heights of ineptitude. There is just zero accountability at every level of this football club. It's like a ghost ship, bobbing along, waiting to crash into the rocks.

No one cares, they're going through the motions, pretending to manage a football club, all the while doing the bare minimum whilst pocketing sackfuls of cash. It's genuinely embarrassing.

• Like 6

Above all, supporters need and deserve information from the club. The continuing silence is unacceptable and even a short announcement saying when a statement is being made would be something. It's not fair to treat paying fans like this

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

What an absolute shambles.  I really feel like that's me done (It won't be). The emotional energy, time and money the last 10 years have taken feel like a really poor use of time and resources.  It feels like the club has very little organisation, ambition or idea that the fans like to see entertaining football.  It's dire.  Be better putting that cash towards paying my astronomical energy bills and weekends away with the family.   

Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but to me, looking in from the outside it feels like the club is gripped with malaise and apathy.  I'll eat humble pie if we unveil several decent players later on but, based upon the past decade I'm not getting my hopes up.  Shite!

I’m sick and tired of saying this but if in any football club ( or business ) the people making the crucial decisions are so detached from the day to day running of the club then you are being set up to fail. It can’t possibly work. This applies especially to a football club.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I can’t see it having gone through. It’s one thing delaying the announcement from midnight to the morning but there’s no reason to keep it under wraps now. Want to be proven wrong but rapidly losing hope/interest.

I don't know the exact rules, but might have to ensure everything is in order with the FA before announcing anything. I don't care if our new signings are allowed to sleep in as long as they're announced. But if there are one or more players joining alongside O'Brien, then it should have been leaked from the other side so perhaps a loan striker from abroad?

Whether these transfers have gone through or not the whole window has been the usual shambles.

Scratching around for essential players with hours to go before the window is rank bad administration, regardless of some falling through due to issues out of our hands. It was the same over the summer.

Other similar budgeted local clubs like Preston went out early in Jan, secured targets and now have them up to speed and playing.

I stupidly had high hopes for organisation this window due to all the noise about recruitment team investment etc. but its been as bad and unimaginative as ever.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Well there you have it. Confirmation from the Nottingham end that it didn't go through

If that's the case heads need to roll. To get first team players out the door and replaced by literally nothing? All our rivals got business done early and yet again we're scrabbling around at the 11th hours. What happened to this improved recruitment structure?

O'Brien will be a good signing if it goes through, but the lack of striker is criminal. We look so toothless up top. 

If we've failed with O'Brien then we need a full explanation. Would be another disastrous window from Gregg - sending back our 'top target' and failing to strengthen despite our glaring deficiencies. If we don't have strengthen when 6th, then we never will.