BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.04215743013fee865802f19e9ba26603.png

Would love to know if there really are several clubs that have given literally no information to their fans by 11.30am the next morning. 

Bearing in mind our only info is coming from a journo and not the club itself. 

Two deals - surely the lad from Rochdale and O'Brien?

Have to say I am slightly disappointed if that is the case. O'Brien is a quality signing at this level - and I assume pushed the budget to the max.

It may be a case that JDT and Broughton had a choice: a striker or a midfielder. There's simply no point in sacrificing quality for the sake of numbers. But then that argument falls down - do not get promoted and O'Brien goes back. We are back where we started.

Then again, this 19 y.o lad may come in and bang 20 goals between now and the end of the season. Who knows? He must be better than Vale, who once again had a lacklustre showing last night.

Hugely disappointed at the lack of a striker but will not yet blame GB and JDT. At the end of the day they have two wages on the books in Brereton and Gallagher, a combined £12m worth of signings, with wages that probably exceed £25k per week between them, who simply are not firing in goals. It isn't good enough.

Therefore I would suspect that once BBD's wages are gone, and with any luck they may ship Gally at a loss in the Summer, that the striker will become the priority. Unfortunately we may not see the PL next season due to simply being unable to operate in the market required for a striker that matches the calibre of player we need

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wasn't going to comment until something official was announced but can't resist any longer. Why the assumption that IF things have gone wrong it's the owners fault? Surely it would be the fault of those on the ground tasked with getting the deals done. The only way in which the owners could be to blame would be if they'd changed their minds about a deal/deals at the last minute which hardly seems likely.

IF everything has gone wrong I think I could cope with an announcement that we've signed no-one and Waggott and Broughton have received their P45's.

I could also cope with it if deals have been done and it's merely poor PR but whether it's sheer incompetence or they're sitting there for a few hours pissing themselves watching everyone work themselves up into a lather it's extremely poor form.

Right that's it, definitely over and out until official word is forthcoming. 

I still think there must have been some last minute change of tack from Venky’s, possibly after someone on the ground at Ewood pleaded a case.

One minute we are scratting around trying to find players within a very limited budget and not bringing in a cheap keeper til one goes. All of a sudden we are lining up a move for an in demand premier league player, on high wages, with a big clause, where other championship clubs “couldn’t make the finances work”.

Its entirely possible there was some heel dragging, back tracking or back and forth that caused delays.

Edited by Miller11

Only 2 deals suggests O'Brien and the Rochdale lad.

No striker is a huge disappointment but O'Brien is a great signing. 

Odd that we'd bring in 2 centre mids without loaning out Garrett or Wharton though. 

Morton, Wharton, Garrett, Travis, Buckley, O'Brien and Rochdale all for 2 places? Mental.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Have to say I am slightly disappointed if that is the case. O'Brien is a quality signing at this level - and I assume pushed the budget to the max.

It may be a case that JDT and Broughton had a choice: a striker or a midfielder. There's simply no point in sacrificing quality for the sake of numbers. But then that argument falls down - do not get promoted and O'Brien goes back. We are back where we started.

Then again, this 19 y.o lad may come in and bang 20 goals between now and the end of the season. Who knows? He must be better than Vale, who once again had a lacklustre showing last night.

Hugely disappointed at the lack of a striker but will not yet blame GB and JDT. At the end of the day they have two wages on the books in Brereton and Gallagher, a combined £12m worth of signings, with wages that probably exceed £25k per week between them, who simply are not firing in goals. It isn't good enough.

Therefore I would suspect that once BBD's wages are gone, and with any luck they may ship Gally at a loss in the Summer, that the striker will become the priority. Unfortunately we may not see the PL next season due to simply being unable to operate in the market required for a striker that matches the calibre of player we need

The young lad is a midfielder.

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

There's an arrogant disdain for the fanbase that flows from the corridors of power at Ewood. 

Sad to see. 

As we all know, the old adage was what is a club without the fans. Without sounding too dramatic most clubs don't see to give two shits any more, so long as they get their TV money and a bit pumped in from the commercial activities.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Odd that we'd being in 2 centre mids without loaning out Garrett or Wharton though. 

Morton, Wharton, Garrett, Travis, Buckley, O'Brien and Rochdale all for 2 places? Mental.

Fans have been complaining about the quality of CM all season. The same fans can't then complain when we apparently sign a better one. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The lad from Rochdale is a midfield player. He may become a good player but at the moment I can’t see him featuring in our first team. I’ve not seen him play in the flesh but he looks to be built like Clarkson.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Fans have been complaining about the quality of CM all season. The same fans can't then complain when we apparently sign a better one. 

Some fans have been complaining at the lack of goals scored. Can we complain?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I still think there must have been some last minute change of tack from Venky’s, possibly after someone on the ground at Ewood pleaded a case.

One minute we are scratting around trying to find players within a very limited budget and not bringing in a cheap keeper til one goes. All of a sudden we are lining up a move for an in demand premier league player, on high wages, with a big clause, where other championship clubs “couldn’t make the finances work”.

Its entirely possible there was some heel dragging, back tracking or back and forth that caused delays.

We were in for Undav and Gerhaldt they wouldnt have been cheap and didn't fall down due to finance 

And Sorba Thomas wasn't a cheap deal to do 

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'm not complaining at all but if we end up with 2 loan players (neither of which we have any chance of signing permanently) as our starting cm's, kinda goes against not blocking the path for our own players, no? 

Just now, davulsukur said:

I'm not complaining at all but if we end up with 2 loan players (neither of which we have any chance of signing permanently) as our starting cm's, kinda goes against not blocking the path for our own players, no? 

There's hopefully a balance between improving the team/getting results and creating pathways for the youngsters. 

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Any one have info on this Rochdale lad? I see he is a midfielder but is he that good?

He's decent. I work in League Two so feel like I can comment on it, but I've only seen the player live three or four times so hardly an expert on him. Aaron Morley came through at Rochdale and was pretty exciting in the same way. He's now with Bolton and widely considered one of the best midfielders in the division. Brierley is much like what we have, he's a ball player who can be aggressive, but he's not very big physically. I think it's an U21 reinforcement and having seen Sheron's side a lot recently they certainly need it. 

It could be advisable to loan him into League One next season, but there's certainly a player in there. Long term thinking and that's okay. The timing of the deal when everyone is waiting for a striker is what dampens it.

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Odd that we'd bring in 2 centre mids without loaning out Garrett or Wharton though. 

Could be for 3 positions.

Sneaky feeling Dack might be moved up front again in a "false 9" seeing as we haven't got a striker.

It won't work.