BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, smiller14 said:

O'Brien will be a good signing if it goes through, but the lack of striker is criminal. We look so toothless up top. 

If we've failed with O'Brien then we need a full explanation. Would be another disastrous window from Gregg - sending back our 'top target' and failing to strengthen despite our glaring deficiencies. If we don't have strengthen when 6th, then we never will. 

We never really strengthened last year and we were in a better position than we are now. We just signed bits and pieces players, not one of them, with the possible exception of Giles, would have gone straight into the first team. When you are in the position we find ourselves in you need players that improve the team, not players to sit on the bench.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We never really strengthened last year and we were in a better position than we are now. We just signed bits and pieces players, not one of them, with the possible exception of Giles, would have gone straight into the first team. When you are in the position we find ourselves in you need players that improve the team, not players to sit on the bench.

True, I just hoped that this much lauded new recruitment strategy led by Gregg would yield something a bit better.

• Like 1

is that article not just an article from 5am showing what deals had been confirmed at that time? Don’t see anywhere on it saying that the deal didn’t go through?

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

is that article not just an article from 5am showing what deals had been confirmed at that time? Don’t see anywhere on it saying that the deal didn’t go through?

I’m not putting a lot of weight on that article. A very broad overview of their window, not a statement that the deal is off.

The silence this morning is far more damning. I assume Forest pulled the plug at the last minute.

I could see JDT walking if it’s true that we didn’t even get the O’Brien deal done. He’s left it in the hands of the team who are supposed to bring the players in whilst he managed the business on the pitch only to find he’s been screwed over. 

I don’t think we’ve got the deal done as it would have been announced by now.

• Like 4

Just now, Ricky said:

I could see JDT walking if it’s true that we didn’t even get the O’Brien deal done. He’s left it in the hands of the team who are supposed to bring the players in whilst he managed the business on the pitch only to find he’s been screwed over. 

Completely agree

• Like 1

I'm willing to give Broughton the benefit of the doubt on the macro issues. Dodgy owners, FPP, broader club position and a thousand other factors can skew perception of his performance. But a deal being scuttled by tardy paperwork would be utterly criminal and reflect directly on the performance of his administration. 

Lets hope its not true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky said:

He'll be looking for a new job now no doubt.

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I agree, no one could blame him.

9 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Cocked the paperwork up, no incomings on final day despite 2 lined up, in the building, medicals done. 
Really poor doing