BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Disgraceful that the club have said absolutely nothing 

Nothing about our 4th round win either. No post match reaction. No celebratory tweets, no re tweeting of players bigging up the win. Nothing.

With our cup record, being in the 5th round is a big deal!

• Like 2

31 days - that’s 744 hours - that’s how long the club had to source players and bring in a striker. With 2 hours left we were still searching. What happened to the other 742? 

I don’t want to hear the BS ‘yeah but two striker deals fell through, we agreed two deals’ 

Are either of them through the door? NO. Simply not good enough at all, and there’s no way anyone can change that. 

Second transfer window in a row that’s been a failure. 

• Like 2

Let's be honest it's a domino affect. If west Brom pursued O'Brien he'd be there, then Sheffield united were interested. Until they decided they weren't selling Berge. We were the third choice so obviously had to wait. Just hope it got done. I do agree we needed a striker too. And reading jdts comments last night it sounds like he agrees. Along the lines of we played well but struggled putting the ball in the net.

Only free agent signings can be made, now. The O'Brien and Brierley deals would have had to have been signed by 1am this morning. So it's either the club are waiting to announce, which I can only imagine might be down to finalising the media content, or the deals have not been completed and are off the cards.

Hopefully it is just the club being slow and not making their marketing team work into the early hours if things were being finalised.

2 minutes ago, sparky12 said:

I reckon we managed to land an overseas striker but medical and everything had to be done abroad to be done in time and he's flown over this morning for the double announcement with LOB 🤞 ... Gregg couldn't could he?

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and predict that hasn't happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So disastrous that last night we won our game without either of those players.

Come off it matey. It's bleedin' obvious we need at least 3 quality players in to sustain a promotion push

• Like 1