BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@Tyrone Shoelaces, you're a Rochdale-y sort of person. Any inside information on what kind of midfielder Brierley is?

Not much, I haven’t seen him play to be honest. It appears he’s a skilful player who’ll put a foot in even allowing for his lack of stature. Their fans seem to rate him but when you’re bottom of the whole football league anything half decent is a good player. They’ve had two similarly highly rated young lads come through recently - one went to Wolves and hasn’t done much, the other went to Norwich and hasn’t done much either. The one I really rated was the keeper they had on loan from Brighton, Sanchez, but we know how he’s gone on.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't resist again .....grrrr.....

Are we actually buying this yarn that has been relayed to Sharpe?. I might be missing something but if one of the 2 deals we are allegedly waiting on is the young lad from Rochdale, how come a picture of him holding a Rovers shirt has surfaced at the Rochdale end?

Sounds suspiciously like an attempt to shift blame for our own negligence onto the EFL to me.... BUT ......we'll see I suppose.

Think you are right.

Seems to me someone has dropped a real bollock here and we are stuffed.  Unbelievable that Rovers seemed to be up against the clock to get the O'Brien paperwork filed by 11.00pm - not as though they were rushed off their feet.  Any important contractual agreement should be reviewed several times by at least two pairs of eyes as mistakes can be made and sometimes they are right in your face and you can still 'not see it'.  Bottom line is there are simply no excuses.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

It’s utterly bizarre that a multi-billion dollar industry is still reliant on physical form filling in by the sounds of things. If we are genuinely still using faxes it’s completely baffling.

You’d think there’d be some sort of online portal. If there is there’s no excuses for missing deadlines.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It’s utterly bizarre that a multi-billion dollar industry is still reliant on physical form filling in by the sounds of things. If we are genuinely still using faxes it’s completely baffling.

You’d think there’d be some sort of online portal. If there is there’s no excuses for missing deadlines.

Have you tried booking tickets on our website or ordering from the club shop? If that's the standard of anything to do with IT down at Rovers then we'd have been better looking for a new roll of thermal fax paper! We're probably still on dial -up!

• Like 3

We have had some abysmal and shambolic transfer windows over the years but right now this seems to be the worse I can remember.

Mowbray was often restricted to feeding off scraps and they usually come right at the last minute, but this window has orchestrated decline written all over it and I hope the club doesn't think this reported £10m buy out clause for O'Brien fools anyone, if indeed that is true.

Shambles. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Paperwork on time?!?! We had him complete his fucking medical by 9pm!! What the hell were we doing for the rest of those hours 

Gregg and Swagg held a committee meeting to see if it ticked all of Venkys boxes.

Cheap - check.
Potential - check.
Dupes fans into thinking we're serious - they bought it last season, check.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Wonder what the 3 strikers were we looked at last night….
Do any internet experts have a list of out of contract players? 

We will just have to hope Gally picks up some form with, hopefully, 2 quality additions.

Yeah, I'm really intrigued by the three we were apparently looking at. 

Out of contract wise, I had a quick look last night and it seemed pretty desperate. I thought Niasse looked a decent option (from what was available) but I didn't realise he'd had a short spell in L1 most recently before being recently. 

An interesting option is Nicolai Jorgensen. I swear someone mentioned him on the thread a while ago. Decent pedigree & should be known to JDT. He was in and around the Danish national team when JDT was part of the set up. 32 now and recent scoring history doesn't look great. According to stuff online he was on around £10k p/wk at Copenhagen before being released, so would probably fit our budget. No idea if he's any good to be honest, as I don't recall having seen him play.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nicolai-jorgensen/profil/spieler/100399

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Paperwork on time?!?! We had him complete his fucking medical by 9pm!!

If a deal isn't completed (signed by all parties) by 21:00, clubs must then submit a deal sheet by 23:00 to the EFL, and have the deal completed by 01:00. At least that's my understanding of it.

The club told Sharpe that other clubs are going through the same thing, apparently - a wait while they ratify the deals. However, I don't think I've seen them take this long in previous windows.

Edited by goozburger

4 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Out of contract wise, I had a quick look last night and it seemed pretty desperate. I thought Niasse looked a decent option (from what was available) but I didn't realise he'd had a short spell in L1 most recently before being recently. 

An interesting option is Nicolai Jorgensen. I swear someone mentioned him on the thread a while ago. Decent pedigree & should be known to JDT. He was in and around the Danish national team when JDT was part of the set up. 32 now and recent scoring history doesn't look great. According to stuff online he was on around £10k p/wk at Copenhagen before being released, so would probably fit our budget. No idea if he's any good to be honest, as I don't recall having seen him play.

One thing against him according to that is he hasn't played any competitive football since May... so probably a long way away from fitness.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Would not get a work permit.