BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

It would be interesting to know if other clubs that announced signings last night are also still waiting on EFL ratification but just went ahead and announced anyway as they assumed this was just a matter of course - could be the case that we are just being cautious and waiting until everything is signed off - if so I’m not overly bothered about that approach but would be good to know!!

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Difficult to believe the EFL are taking so long to ratify.  Think they will have had staff working through the night.

So many deals were done and confirmed so close to the wire.

Longer it goes on then the more unlikely it hasn't happened.

Ooh, I like this bit. Not sure if it is what you intended, Mercer, but I'm interpreting positively/ not negatively. 🙂 

• Like 1

Haven't seen or heard anything from the Forest end to indicate deal done pending EFL ratification.  Given the number of transfer deals they seem to SUCCESSFULLY manage (must be 40+ over two windows), gives added grounds for thinking it aint happened.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

........because O'Brien is in doubt?

Both deals are waiting on EFL ratification, as reported by Sharpe. They're both in doubt. I'm sure O'Brien will also have had his photos and media whatnot sorted in preparation, too.

Wonder if O'Brien might end up back at Rochdale on loan for the remainder of the season. We did a similar think with Pickering, and I doubt we'll be dropping O'Brien in at this stage. A "project" signing, methinks.

1 minute ago, Devon Rover said:

Ooh, I like this bit. Not sure if it is what you intended, Mercer, but I'm interpreting positively/ not negatively. 🙂 

Usually get my grammar right - apologies, yesterday was a long old day one way or the other and didn't hit the sack until well, well into the early hours of today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Both deals are waiting on EFL ratification, as reported by Sharpe. They're both in doubt. I'm sure O'Brien will also have had his photos and media whatnot sorted in preparation, too.

Wonder if O'Brien might end up back at Rochdale on loan for the remainder of the season. We did a similar think with Pickering, and I doubt we'll be dropping O'Brien in at this stage. A "project" signing, methinks.

Would be bloody typical if somehow O'BRIEN ended up at Rochdale now lol.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Usually get my grammar right - apologies, yesterday was a long old day one way or the other and didn't hit the sack until well, well into the early hours of today.

I'm just playing, and looking for some optimism, somewhere! I knew what you meant.

Even if, through this farcical situation, we end up with O'Brien in on loan (a very good signing), failing to build on that with a striker will mean the impact O'Brien could have had will no doubt be reduced. For the second January in a row, the club's inability to prioritise investment in someone to actually score goals should be a huge source of regret... But they're not learning.

Edited by Devon Rover
spelling
  • Like 2

Bit odd how both are waiting for confirmation from the EFL on the paperwork. You'd think the lad from Rochdale, without the supposed complications of the guaranteed fee, would have gone through without a hitch and been filed quicker.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Latest from Rich Sharpe...

Just for the avoidance of doubt: the deals are all agreed between both clubs and player, this is about the necessary paperwork being filed in time.

Assuming he's referring to O'Brien for the first deal. But definitely states that the second deal is for Brierley. 

This effectively confirms that we haven't brought a striker in, which is absolutely ridiculous. The whole thing is a shambles.

Absolute mental we haven't signed a striker. Hope there is someone decent out there out of contract.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Bit odd how both are waiting for confirmation from the EFL on the paperwork. You'd think the lad from Rochdale, without the supposed complications of the guaranteed fee, would have gone through without a hitch and been filed quicker.

All hands on deck for the O'Brien deal perhaps.

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Sorba Thomas apparently playing in the U21's game vs Celtic tonight

Am I right in thinking this game is now at Leyland? I bought the three ticket deal months ago when it was planned to be played at Ewood. Not sure if the tickets will still be valid, or if I can make it to Leyland on time.

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I know the window hasn't gone well, but you shouldn't punch your sack.

13 minutes ago, martonrover said:

For me it's evoking memories of Derek Shaw and the fax machine.

And that sinking feeling that we haven't really moved on from those days much. If anything, there's less investment now.

Bad form of the club for not keeping the fans informed directly.

• Like 1

Well it seems pretty nailed on that the signings are Lewis O'brien and Ethan Brierley.

Over the moon about O'brien, and Brierley is clearly one for the future which is fine with me - but man, we really could have done with a striker.

Seems like the only free agent strikers out there are either old as fuck, injury prone or a bit shite.

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Couldn't resist again .....grrrr.....

Are we actually buying this yarn that has been relayed to Sharpe?. I might be missing something but if one of the 2 deals we are allegedly waiting on is the young lad from Rochdale, how come a picture of him holding a Rovers shirt has surfaced at the Rochdale end?

Sounds suspiciously like an attempt to shift blame for our own negligence onto the EFL to me.... BUT ......we'll see I suppose.

• Like 2