BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

29 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Again, priorities were straight. We have a lot of people employed to do that job. Steve Waggott was fulfilling his own duty. 

He is literally one of only two people with the authority to sign the paperwork.

As I said, maybe he shouldn’t need to be there, but maybe he should have been there in case.

He decided to go to Birmingham, you say that’s normal and I’ve no reason to disbelieve you, but it doesn’t mean that decision won’t have impacted on what happened.

Personally, I’d sack the lot and start again, could it be any worse? (Yes, yes I know it could be!)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Personally, I’d sack the lot and start again

It's just such an over the top reaction in my view. But hey ho. Thoughts on the GB interview?

23 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think someone (I don't have a clue who) has failed to submit a document. Whether that be someone at the club, this 3rd party law firm they've hinted at, or an agent or whatever. I don't know who's at fault and neither does anyone on the board. What I do know is that Steve Waggott being at Birmingham is perfectly normal and not what people are making out.

It's perfectly normal for the CEO to be off-site when a £1.5m deal (in wages alone) is being concluded?

Seems odd for a guy with such a 'tight' grip on finances to be absent. 

19 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

1) GB takes full and sole responsibility.

2) Brierley to be completed in the summer with an agreement in place with Rochdale

Sneaky politician answers....Full takes responsibility but blames the process that was in place before him even though its never fucked up before...

Broughton Out.  

In Manchester at lunchtime having a jolly up and only left after 6pm to come and sign papers....sounds like Greggy has been having a jolly on the club.

Don't like him.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You'll do well when you eventually pitch up at Ewood if you haven't already.

Not everyone and everything is out to get us. There doesn't always have to be a wild conspiracy. Sometimes something just goes wrong and it's not this big sinister thing.

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

You could argue that the CEO shouldn’t be needed but surely he should be there in case he is needed?

Well yes what happens if a big bid comes in for a player at the last min or one we might have been chasing falls through and the agent phones up and says he's yours if you get the document through now ?

Many many scenarios but whatever the case HE is the Chief Executive of Blackburn Rovers the public face of the company on the ground.  So he has ultimate responsibility for this wherever his arse was on Tuesday night, if someone has badly ballsed up he needs to sack them.  If it's an honest mistake then explain it and make damn sure it never happens again and if the plug was pulled on purpose then say so and say why.

Do your job in other words.

• Like 2

Just now, JoeH said:

It's just such an over the top reaction in my view. But hey ho. Thoughts on the GB interview?

He comes across very well, and you could tell he is itching to tell us whose fault it really was.

So they are using the same process that was put in place since Silvester arrived. That's several we have lost now due to this process. 

Hopefully now the process will be changed. I wonder who the striker they had lined up is?

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

Not everyone and everything is out to get us. There doesn't always have to be a wild conspiracy. Sometimes something just goes wrong and it's not this big sinister thing.

'Something' Joe is not at fault here 'someone' is these things don't just do it by themselves that's why there is a whole debate.

Might be a mistake, might have been someone stalling on purpose but going off what Nixon has said there is blame and someone is accountable.

Nothing sinister about that.

34 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Technically his problem is that Forest haven't included him in the 25 man squad.

Forest knew on 1st Feb that the deal was doubtful, and yet they still chose to pursue Ayew and let him take the last place in their squad. He's partly not playing football because Forest didn't want him.

I much prefer Forest as a club to Brentford / Brighton / Bournemouth et al... but there's a big part of me that wants them to go down this year.

They've brought in 30 players this window, for about £170m. I shudder to think what the wages are - well, rumour has it they're paying Henderson and Navas a combined £250k a week in wages... for loanees. 

It's just wholly irresponsible management and I hope they're punished for it - cos I'm a bitter, bitter person. 

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Enjoy…

Honest opinion:

Almost refreshing to get some honesty. Someone at the club has actually accepted responsibility.

Glad that Brierley isn't impacted too much and will be here in the Summer.

O'Brien, however, I feel desperately sorry for, and I hope we do right by the player as best as we can.

• Like 9

fair play to Greg at least someone has finally fronted up about the whole sorry mess.

reading between the lines its been an indivdual f* up on both transfers that have meant its not gone through i.e. some administrative process.

nevertheless its cost us big time and shows up the tinpot nature of how the club is ran currently.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Madon said:

Good interview. We've waited ten years for someone to come out and take some responsibility for the shit show that is Blackburn Rovers. To my knowledge he is the first to do it, fair play. 

Big summer coming up, they better give JDT whatever he wants.

If he is indeed taking responsibility then he'll resign. That's a colossal fuck-up on some many levels, and totally undermines the manager's ability to do his job effectively. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madon said:

Good interview. We've waited ten years for someone to come out and take some responsibility for the shit show that is Blackburn Rovers. To my knowledge he is the first to do it, fair play. 

Big summer coming up, they better give JDT whatever he wants.

Regards giving jdt wat he wants. The words stable door bolted and horse comes to mind

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

"...had to make sure Lewis had food and was being looked after..."

I'll hazard a wild guess that they took him for some dinner to a swanky restaurant before sauntering up to Brockhall later on.

I'd hazard a guess he was put up in The Avenue, a solid 25 steps from the front door of the training ground.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Tbf he’s publicly taken responsibility there…but I can see some fire in his eyes. He’s seething and I reckon he’s on the fuckin warpath behind the scenes.

A good leader would never demolish a colleague publicly….you do that behind closed doors.

The LOB thing is really sad for all parties. Including GB and his administration, because this signing would’ve signalled a ‘stepping up’ in quality. 

He said he was furious, but he's only giving the interview due to the public outcry. He said as much. That isn't leadership. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

O'Brien, however, I feel desperately sorry for, and I hope we do right by the player as best as we can.

I understand the sentiment, but I can only feel a certain amount of sorrow for someone in their mid 20s earning £1000s a week for doing nothing. More time to get his golf handicap down. 

• Like 4