BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I'd be amazed if it is as easy in March - delighted but amazed. We've played 11 of 21 league games at home, same as you. Are you suggesting, that we had it easy and thats why you performed as you did? We've lost 2 games so far and both away from home but I'm not sure it is a specific problem but we shall see in the second half of the season.

On ticket numbers - you should give whatever you want, it's your clubs call not ours. We gave you the full away allocation we have these days - it wouldn't be unreasonable for you to mirror the number we gave you. 

As an outsider it's hard to judge but I've seen you on TV twice and you looked decent and you are still third in the league, surely he's not so bad?

My comment wasn't sour grapes or aggro, it just seems you've played a lot of home games lately. I think its great both East Lancs teams are in the top 3 in the Championship, lets hope were still there in May.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2022 at 22:06, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You be must forgetting the time we came second to back into this league. Not a play off position though is it ? Am I teaching you some history ?

Not at all but I was talking about your outstanding success at Championship level since you were relegated in 2012 … when Rovers fans talk of an empty trophy room and such at Turf Moot maybe just maybe you should be more concerned with your side making a concerted challenge for a change ?  Burnley have been promoted twice since Rovers came down in 2012 and yes in 2016 they even got a trophy . Rovers have yet to finish in the top six at this level .. but yes well done on not actually winning tier 3 … so who has the chip on their shoulder ?  Oh yes I know .. it’s you 😂

Edited by TheHistoryTeacher

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Am I right in saying we haven't beat that lot since we were infected with the Venky Virus?

Yes and before they had infested our beloved club we hadn't lost to them for 30 odd years I think. One thing for sure is we were lightyears ahead of them with no chance of them ever catching up. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Yes and before they had infested our beloved club we hadn't lost to them for 30 odd years I think. One thing for sure is we were lightyears ahead of them with no chance of them ever catching up. 

Another valid reason to curse the day they darkened our door.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I can remember far enough back to games where we might lose to them but every Rover would break a sweat and try and not a bottle job to be seen.

There was always going to come a day when they would beat us. That's just football. But whilst we had people in situ that had even the slightest shed of dignity and competency they were never going to overtake us in the way they have.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

It's one of the main reasons why I will never stop holding them to account for what they have done.

And to all the gloating dingles; you've basically just beaten up a cancer patient.  Well done tough guys.

I’d say it’s more like going into a boxing match with one hand tied behind your back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Meeeeeeeeeee said:

I understand his thinking with inverted full backs, but I keep wondering why he did it when being faced with wingers that are both two footed.  As Zaroury showed with the cross, it's no good just covering his right. Might as well have left them in positions they are used to.

Crazy modern football ideas. When I first started going to Rovers we’d four regular first team fullbacks. Three of them could, and did, play on either wing. If you can’t pass successfully with either foot and tackle equally well off either side you shouldn’t be playing pro football.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

Not at all but I was talking about your outstanding success at Championship level since you were relegated in 2012 … when Rovers fans talk of an empty trophy room and such at Turf Moot maybe just maybe you should be more concerned with your side making a concerted challenge for a change ?  Burnley have been promoted twice since Rovers came down in 2012 and yes in 2016 they even got a trophy . Rovers have yet to finish in the top six at this level .. but yes well done on not actually winning tier 3 … so who has the chip on their shoulder ?  Oh yes I know .. it’s you 😂

Hold your hand up matey, you were gutted when we won the big one. You’ve never got over it and you never will.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

March 2010 was your last win, not sure when Venkys bought the club.

Haha....

I am sure you are well aware that Burnley went down in 2010, so we were unable to play the following season.

But even a schoolboy knowledge of football history would tell you that it was our bizarre Indian regime that took us down in the first place and has reduced us ever since.....

Somehow our recent results against Burnley coincide with our Indian hell.

Whilst being abhorrent, Burnley's "Long Live the Venky's" chant tells the truth in song, as well as Dylan ever did.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

Let’s count how many things Burnley fans won’t experience in this photo 🫣

4BCAFA90-0B92-4AF2-B770-A9D4C0F3B4AC.jpeg.42f6726a74b374930338ddd1f8b66d7c.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

It's one of the main reasons why I will never stop holding them to account for what they have done.

And to all the gloating dingles; you've basically just beaten up a cancer patient.  Well done tough guys.

I'm sorry, but that's tosh ....

At the time of the " April Fools day " massacre, we were virtually broke, having suffered the ITV digital fiasco, whilst Rovers had both parachute payments and Walker Trust funding ... Rovers had their metaphorical foot on Burnley necks and never let up, nor would we have expected them to.

I'm sure when Craig Hignett slammed the 5th goal past Nik Michopoulos on 1st April 2001, you were sitting there shaking your head muttering, " Sorry lads, I cannot join in with this jubilation, it's like beating up a cancer patient " ! 🙄

• Like 5

1 hour ago, booth said:

November 19th 2010. A dark day for Rovers, a glorious day for our neighbours.

It has provided us its share of mirth.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Haha....

I am sure you are well aware that Burnley went down in 2010, so we were unable to play the following season.

But even a schoolboy knowledge of football history would tell you that it was our bizarre Indian regime that took us down in the first place and has reduced us ever since.....

Somehow our recent results against Burnley coincide with our Indian hell.

Whilst being abhorrent, Burnley's "Long Live the Venky's" chant tells the truth in song, as well as Dylan ever did.

I wasn't offering comment - I just looked it up on 11v11 (https://www.11v11.com/teams/burnley/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Blackburn Rovers/) to get the date as I only knew it was 12 years. That said you counted those 17 years we didn't play against each other in your 34 so being in different divisions isn't factored in to be fair.

Edited by longsiders1882
adding comment to booth
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'm sorry, but that's tosh ....

At the time of the " April Fools day " massacre, we were virtually broke, having suffered the ITV digital fiasco, whilst Rovers had both parachute payments and Walker Trust funding ... Rovers had their metaphorical foot on Burnley necks and never let up, nor would we have expected them to.

I'm sure when Craig Hignett slammed the 5th goal past Nik Michopoulos on 1st April 2001, you were sitting there shaking your head muttering, " Sorry lads, I cannot join in with this jubilation, it's like beating up a cancer patient " ! 🙄

You were what you were. Nobody had deliberately sabotaged your club. Mistakes had been made but not because people didn’t care., they just got things wrong. Were your owners/directors  at Ewood that afternoon ? Where were our “ owners” last Sunday ? Probably watching the cricket back in India. That is why we’re like a cancer patient.

My analogy is we are like the passengers on that plane were the pilot decided to end it all and flew into a mountain. We can’t get off and we can’t influence the flight path.

There is honestly no comparison.

• Like 1