BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

30 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You are right.

We made the mistake of trying to match them possession wise instead of giving up possession for a more long game , and playing to BBD strength.   I think you'll find any team who took points off Burnley will have had a possession stat in the 20-30%..

We didn't commit enough fouls either.

Too many nice lads, we need some bad losers in the team.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cuppliance said:

It was interesting what the pundits said after the game. They said the teams who were more direct like Birmingham and Cardiff were the ones that have caused Burnley the most trouble. Just makes you think that if the team was set up to be more direct, we may have actually stood a chance. Thing is, we defend for 90 mins and lose 3-0. Would have been better to lose 3-0 after giving it a go. At least if we did that, they wouldn't have got in their stride as much and may have even had some chances ourselves.

Its blatantly clear Tomasson didnt do his homework for this game.Criminal.

• Like 2

There's an air of arrogance about Tomasson. He's got that Colgate ring of confidence 😄 of someone who is wealthy and successful and good looking (so I've been told). People like that don't take advice kindly and usually think they're right about most things, so the last thing he's going to do is demean himself by doing research on opponents or actually admit he's been wrong about the way we've been playing. In fact, people who are that confident usually do the opposite and double down on their point of view. I don't expect to see any changes in Rovers' tactics after the break 

• Like 1

We have a good defence, and two good forwards but an appalling lightweight midfield, lack pace, creativity and snap.

We are punching way above our weight as the xg table shows. How JDT has got this group to third in the table is a miracle.  

I expected us to be in a relegation battle I think we're that poor in the middle.  But it seems we have a way of getting results.

When we come up against a decent pressing side, we get smashed.  Our pedestrian, skinny, small, sluggish, deep lying play makers can't find outlets or carry the ball when put under pressure. They play it back. Our back four then have limited options and end up looking like mugs. 

I think we've got a bottom 5 midfield. It's awful. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

The amount of people just accepting Sunday's performance (both on here and social media more widely) is bizarre.

I don't care we're a young team, I don't care it's the start of a "project", I don't care that people didn't expect us to be third at this point.

I strongly care about the total lack of effort, the tactical naivety and the apparent complete disregard for the fact this was a game against our fiercest rivals.

Standards at this club have fallen a long way if getting pumped 3-0 by Burnley is being justified....

When we destroyed Burnley at Ewood with 5-0 (which for our young readers was a far bigger mauling than our own 3-0 debacle on Sunday btw), their fans felt exactly the same way. No passion, no fight, just another game mentality. They didn't just go oh well, that's that then. It hurts and I'm sure it's the same for every other fan going away disappointed from a big derby game. Same with when we beat them 3-2, they were back in the top flight but I imagine there weren't many Burnley fans consoling themselves with that fact for quite some time.

We've always had a section of the support that sticks their heads in the sand. I'll never forget the vocal minority of Kean supporters. If you can support Steve Kean as he helps to dismantle everything Jack Walker, Kenny Dalglish, John Williams, Graham Souness and Mark Hughes built, you've got a very very low bar.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Really? I'm free to comment on the game if I was there or not. Please retract your comment.

I did say my comment on 1875 members might hurt but I accept your comment that you think its ridiculous. This message board is all about opinions.

Your opinion on noise levels is irrelevant if you weren’t there. No retraction of statement. Comment on the game all you want. 

You’ve obviously got a bee in your pipe about not getting a ticket due to 1875 members. I’m an 1875 Member & Blackburn End Season Ticket Holder, this was my first away game of this season and I was singing as loudly as anyone, all be it not drunk or coked up like the usual rabble who go to local away games!

10 minutes ago, booth said:

When we destroyed Burnley at Ewood with 5-0 (which for our young readers was a far bigger mauling than our own 3-0 debacle on Sunday btw), their fans felt exactly the same way. No passion, no fight, just another game mentality. They didn't just go oh well, that's that then. It hurts and I'm sure it's the same for every other fan going away disappointed from a big derby game. 

Agreed and this weekends defeat wasn’t even close to the pasting we dished out that day at Ewood. At least we were still in the game at half time!

Lets hope the players show that passion and fight at Ewood where we’ve been mostly excellent this season.

9 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Agreed and this weekends defeat wasn’t even close to the pasting we dished out that day at Ewood. At least we were still in the game at half time!

Lets hope the players show that passion and fight at Ewood where we’ve been mostly excellent this season.

A bad result against Preston may finish me off.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, booth said:

We've always had a section of the support that sticks their heads in the sand. I'll never forget the vocal minority of Kean supporters. If you can support Steve Kean as he helps to dismantle everything Jack Walker, Kenny Dalglish, John Williams, Graham Souness and Mark Hughes built, you've got a very very low bar.

If you can support that then you aren't a Rovers fan. 

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Your opinion on noise levels is irrelevant if you weren’t there. No retraction of statement. Comment on the game all you want. 

You’ve obviously got a bee in your pipe about not getting a ticket due to 1875 members. I’m an 1875 Member & Blackburn End Season Ticket Holder, this was my first away game of this season and I was singing as loudly as anyone, all be it not drunk or coked up like the usual rabble who go to local away games!

Please read my comment again. I was quoting what was put to me by a mate (Burnley fan) and stated that I was not there to confirm the "noise level". I'd also heard similar on radio lancashire yesterday again from a Burnley fan which is to be expected. 

Apologies if this has offended you, not my intention. All Rovers fans, including me, appreciated the support you gave on Sunday.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

There's an air of arrogance about Tomasson. He's got that Colgate ring of confidence 😄 of someone who is wealthy and successful and good looking (so I've been told). People like that don't take advice kindly and usually think they're right about most things, so the last thing he's going to do is demean himself by doing research on opponents or actually admit he's been wrong about the way we've been playing. In fact, people who are that confident usually do the opposite and double down on their point of view. I don't expect to see any changes in Rovers' tactics after the break 

I think it's more that he's just a continental manager and has that cool Scandinavian character about him.

He thinks what worked at Malmo will work here it's the only way he knows and he won the lge back to back with it. So it's here to stay and he'll keep trying to drum it into them come what may. The get out of jail card is always ready made with such a young squad and so many more to integrate into it.

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looking forward to him and Greggy Boy bringing in these Malmo type players in January to play this style, Mogadons lads are like fish out of water

Hopefully Greggy boy as DoF is being honest with him and telling him these no show away days need addressing pronto.

I can't believe the Rovers are asking for bids for last Sundays shirts, they will be lucky to give them away. A better way to raise some money would be ,if the players that disgraced those shirts on Sunday, donated their weeks wage.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Groundhog said:

Sorry just wanted to rant, none of my family understand it (half are Burnley fans anyway), can't talk about it at work, need to let off steam...

Sometimes I want to pack this all in, close the website down and stop worrying about it. Then I realise way.

Nice one Groundhog, don’t get too stressed, they’ll tonk us at ewood as well yet. 

In all seriousness, some serious pressure needs to be applied to the club regarding the amount of tickets we give Burnley for the return. 

What about a 3 game ticket for the Pne, Burnley and Blackpool games for £30 or £40?. Pretty sure this still allows us to charge the visiting fans the £33 or whatever it is.

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Its blatantly clear Tomasson didnt do his homework for this game.Criminal.

Thats my philosophy, attacking football gives you a chance, defend for 90 minutes and your heading for the bottom half of the table. By the way thats what Sheffield United did for 90 minutes attack and they destroyed the dingles who looked out for the count when the 5th went in.

12 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Thats my philosophy, attacking football gives you a chance, defend for 90 minutes and your heading for the bottom half of the table. By the way thats what Sheffield United did for 90 minutes attack and they destroyed the dingles who looked out for the count when the 5th went in.

Couple of things to bear in mind - Sheffield was our 7th game in 21 days, it was preceded by 2 late comebacks, we were tired and really looked it in the second half. We may have looked out for the count but we still won our next 2 games pretty easily.  Sheffield also had players who were able to capitalise on our frailties and brought some fight - you had neither fight nor the right players on the day. I’m hoping we repay Sheffield United on Easter Monday - perhaps you will repay us in March.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Too many nice lads, we need some bad losers in the team.

JDT won't allow them to express themselves so it would make no difference. The whole shitshow at Burnley was ENTIRELY due to the manager.

Never thought I'd say it this early but I've had enough of him and his stupid ideas.