BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

Pace might have sacked Dyche who'd probably run out of steam but he got kompany in which is looking an inspired signing.  They've managed to back him as well so seems to me it's a brave attempt at a reset.

How it works out long term remains to be seen but Burnley are likely to be a yoyo club in the near future.

I'd be more than happy for Rovers to be that now we've no right to expect anything more. Sadly all we'll ever get under this lot is yoyoing between midtable and 8th placed finishes unless at some point they lay down a marker and show some ambition.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Crikey, I hope you're not referring to this post from May 2019 ... which was my attempt at a " wind up ", in my early days posting on here ...

" The Football Association and the Football League have backed a proposal from The National Association of Football Statisticians to downgrade the first 22 years of the FA Cup, to the equivilant of the FA Amateur Cup which commenced in 1893-94, and ran until the 1973-74 season.

The years affected run from 1872 to 1893, and the winners of the Cup for those years will not be permitted to claim these successes as FA Cup wins on their official Club websites or publications. Explaining the reasoning, N.A.F.S. Secretary, Dr John Hickson said " Any objective analysis of the early years of the " FA Cup " reveals a large number of " byes ", " walkovers " and hugely one-sided results, and in the modern age, we no longer feel it appropriate that these early incarnations of the greatest Club knockout Cup should be classed as true F.A. Cup Competitions ". He added, " The dominance of Public School Old Boys and Military Clubs in the early years, as well as mis-matches with the early Professional Clubs coming up against "true amateur " sides, does not sit well in the modern professional age ".

An FA spokesman endorsed the decision, which is expected to be passed unopposed at next month's FA Council meeting, where the renaming of the Football Association, as the " English Football Association " is also expected to gain approval .

Some of the affected downgrading concern Clubs no longer in existance, such as Wanderers, Royal Engineers and Clapton Rovers. David Singleton, West Bromwich Albion's head of media relations said, " We accept this decision with some reluctance, but understand the reasoning behind it " . West Bromwich Albion will no longer be able to claim their 1888 & 1892 victories on their official " Roll of Honour" .

Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Preston North End are also affected losing one victory each, but the Club most affected is Championship side Blackburn Rovers who will have 5 of their FA Cup wins effectively deleted from the history books. No one at Blackburn Rovers was available for comment, although a source inside the Club said " they were studying the implications of the decision closely, and a statement is expected to be issued in due course "

“ No one at the club was available for comment “ . I’m shocked.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Pace might have sacked Dyche who'd probably run out of steam but he got kompany in which is looking an inspired signing.  They've managed to back him as well so seems to me it's a brave attempt at a reset.

How it works out long term remains to be seen but Burnley are likely to be a yoyo club in the near future.

I'd be more than happy for Rovers to be that now we've no right to expect anything more. Sadly all we'll ever get under this lot is yoyoing between midtable and 8th placed finishes unless at some point they lay down a marker and show some ambition.

FWIW I think the Kompany signing has proved doubly inspired. His coaching style has been excellent, turning our playing style 180 degrees ‘overnight’ and his contacts book has allowed us to sign what are looking like excellent players for relatively low prices or loan players who perhaps wouldn’t have considered Burnley under Dyche.

Was it  luck or skill that led to the Kompany signing? Time will tell, I think Pace got lucky.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hopefully JDT has a contacts book and is allowed to put it in motion.

I was disappointed that we didn't sign any of Malmo's players in Summer. All our signings seemed to come from the previous scouting reports rather than JDT's contacts book.

We missed out on that Anel fella to Sheffield Utd (you'd have thought JDT would have held some sway there), we didn't go in for Birmancevic and we didn't even try for the ageing Berget.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What contacts? Rudolf Nuryev?, Robert Helpman?  Wayne Sleep? Moira Shearer ?( at least she'd have a ready made chant) to tippy tap sideways and backwards?

Well i keep getting told we do what we do because he has to use what he's got so i'm waiting for this influx of players to fit his style to arrive.

4 minutes ago, booth said:

I was disappointed that we didn't sign any of Malmo's players in Summer. All our signings seemed to come from the previous scouting reports rather than JDT's contacts book.

We missed out on that Anel fella to Sheffield Utd (you'd have thought JDT would have held some sway there), we didn't go in for Birmancevic and we didn't even try for the ageing Berget.

We'd need Beckenbauer and Roberto Carlos in defence to play our way out of some of the stupid suicidal stuff we do in our own box.

7 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

When Burnley sacked Dyche it was in an attempt to avoid relegation. 

Venkys sacked Big Sam in an attempt to deliberately relegate the club.

I always took it they were shafted by vultures and were too stubborn and stupid to do anything about it, till it was too late. And their stubborness and stupidity continues to this day.

Just now, booth said:

I always took it they were shafted by vultures and were too stubborn and stupid to do anything about it, till it was too late. And their stubborness and stupidity continues to this day.

They deliberately relegated the club and have made absolutely no attempt to rectify this. 

Scum.

Give me administration any day over these turd lickers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

I remember a quote from Shebby Singh saying "They're trying to relegate us!" I think he was referring to Shagnew and Anderson.

Back then, although it was Venky's name above the door, it almost felt there were two lots of owners and their representatives were in conflict.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, booth said:

Signing Anel would have required too much detail.

20 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I remember a quote from Shebby Singh saying "They're trying to relegate us!" I think he was referring to Shagnew and Anderson.

Back then, although it was Venky's name above the door, it almost felt there were two lots of owners and their representatives were in conflict.

I met Shebby Singh whilst Kean was manager, and whilst it could have been that there was some kind of dual ownership going on, I took it that Venkys just didn't want to pay compensation to a bunch of rogue staff.

I've since read all the leaked emails and all I got from it was, why the f*** didn't Venkys just sack them and replace them with competent people? And at a guess I'd say it's because they didn't know any, and at that point didn't trust anyone outside of their circle of trust. I'm aware I'm probably adding more logic than they deserve.

Some truly vile characters behind the scenes at Rovers back then.

• Like 1