Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022


Recommended Posts

  • J*B pinned this topic

I can’t find a way to bring the other posts into here without messing up the ordering, so we’ve lost half a page of posts. Apologies to those effected, but in the spirit of Lanclassico I wanted a Dingle to the preview.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For all the slagging off it gets, this thread is a aood example of how this forum is actually a very fair minded, welcoming place for a good debate.

Just imagine a Rovers fan being allowed to do the match preview on UTC or PNE-Online… and if they somehow did, how much abuse they’d get! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

For all the slagging off it gets, this thread is a aood example of how this forum is actually a very fair minded, welcoming place for a good debate.

Just imagine a Rovers fan being allowed to do the match preview on UTC or PNE-Online… and if they somehow did, how much abuse they’d get! 

Give it time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t find a way to bring the other posts into here without messing up the ordering, so we’ve lost half a page of posts. Apologies to those effected, but in the spirit of Lanclassico I wanted a Dingle to the preview.

Slightly miffed, as I've just spent an hour putting together a post, and when I pressed send it disappeared! I'll redo as a repost!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

From our point of view, the enigma that is Bradley Dack is one to be feared, as is Brereton Diaz. Young Bradley will be remembered on the Clarets' forum for one of the better thread titles, after his court appearance some time ago, " Dick Dack in Dock  ! " 😎

Excellent. My sense of humour... wish I'd thought of it!

All you need to know is that if Burnley score first, then it's game over. A Rovers team under Tomasson have never come back from behind (even to draw).

Rovers have been awful generally away from home (I've seen 4 defeats) and the losses usually self-inflicted through mucking about with the ball at the back. If Ayala's playing all you need to do is press him and he'll give the ball away. However, if Rovers take the lead expect a hard match because we've shown we can defend narrow leads for long periods, and luck has been on our side.

So there it is, my head expects Burnley to win 2-0 but football's not logical so I'll hope for a repeat of 1965-66 when I first attended  Turf Moor and go:

Burnley 1 Rovers 4

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Excellent. My sense of humour... wish I'd thought of it!

All you need to know is that if Burnley score first, then it's game over. A Rovers team under Tomasson have never come back from behind (even to draw).

Rovers have been awful generally away from home (I've seen 4 defeats) and the losses usually self-inflicted through mucking about with the ball at the back. If Ayala's playing all you need to do is press him and he'll give the ball away. However, if Rovers take the lead expect a hard match because we've shown we can defend narrow leads for long periods, and luck has been on our side.

So there it is, my head expects Burnley to win 2-0 but football's not logical so I'll hope for a repeat of 1965-66 when I first attended  Turf Moor and go:

Burnley 1 Rovers 4

 

Jim... In the words of KC and the Sunshine Band, please don't go.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First draw of the season here i reckon.

We'll pinch a goal in the first 5 mins JDT will take off all forwards and we'll camp in our box for the next 85. 

After 90 Ref will signal play on until Burnley score then duly award the a pen after 10 mins when he gets fed up.

 

Burnley   1     Rovers  1

A few bruised knuckes and blackeyes around East Lancs in the afternoon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, den9112 said:

No Dack available for Sunday...

I have known players deliberately get sent off just before the Christmas weekend for obvious reasons and cynic in me as me question if it was done deliberately ....

Only banned for u21’s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, den9112 said:

No Dack available for Sunday...

I have known players deliberately get sent off just before the Christmas weekend for obvious reasons and cynic in me as me question if it was done deliberately ....

Only suspended for Under 21 games I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I refuse to post in a thread started by a Dingle............................it'll be 1-1

In my defence, I just added my " twopenneth " to an existing thread, it was your Moderators who decided my scribblings were worthy of top-billing .... 😁

Oh, and I concur ... 1-1 !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t help but think Burnley will work on their defensive frailties that were exposed by Sheffield Utd , we are much bigger and physically imposing that the Burnley and we should not  be afraid to use that advantage  , i see Burnley having a lot of possession and us defending deep and hitting BBD on the break I,d be tempted to play Dolan instead of Smodizcs  , not because he’s better but Because he wins so many free kicks and those set pieces  could be key for us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Herbie6590 changed the title to v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022
  • Herbie6590 unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.