BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looks like young Wharton won’t be playing on Sunday. He’s starting tonight at West Ham.

Only had 45 mins i wonder if that was preplanned so he could have some involvement on Sunday. 

Would be such a good feeling stuffing Burnley to go top before WC

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Neal said:

That's usually no problem for apes. 

Good point and 6 fingers on each hand would have assisted the climb.

I am still convinced that from my seat in the Nuttall Street stand I saw an ape fall through the roof of the DE on to the Dingles below, after chucking roof sheeting down on to them!

Hopefully he landed on his head so that no permanent damage would be caused.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Strange, I didn't watch the game but the general consensus was Bucko had a mare...

FWIW, I was there and thought he was pretty good last night (heck, the whole team was quite good as a unit).

Skimming through the game thread, seems there were a couple negative comments after West Ham's first goal, but having now seen the replay of the West Ham goal, I think it's harsh to judge what was more of an unlucky bounce (Edun was similarly a bit unlucky on the second one, albeit he does appear to lose his man for a second). In the flesh, my first reaction was Mola was too soft, but looks like a foul by Antonio on the replay too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I can't even imagine missing out on the 5-0 hammering we gave them.

One of my top three matches ever alongside Sheffield Wednesday 7-2 and when we beat the red scum 4-3.

Anyone remember the build up to that game? I remember Rovers fans being especially cautious and Burnley fans going overboard about how they were going to win. The atmosphere at the game was very tense and the noise deafening, you could feel the hatred. Then we absolutely destroyed them. One of the best games I've ever witnessed at Ewood.

Up there with the 2-0 defeat of United (94) and the 7-1 demolishing of top placed Norwich (92).

Then Owen Coyle's Burnley came to Ewood and prior to the game there was lots of talk of how Burnley were now equals, with a PL team, players like Elliot and Eagles were going to destroy us, etc... 3-1 at half time (then the foot was taken off the gas and it ended 3-2).

Then Venkys came along and gave them a voucher code.

• Like 8

Quite a weekend of sport coming up. Rugby league World Cup semi final vs Samoa on Saturday, rugby union vs japan Saturday, t20 cricket World Cup final vs Pakistan Sunday morning, rovers at the dingle dome Sunday afternoon. A rare quadruple on the cards. If Carlsberg could do weekends….

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, matt83 said:

A rare quadruple on the cards. If Carlsberg could do weekends….

They pretty much already did one last weekend in my family - Rovers and Celtic won, Burnley and Rangers lost. I can't readily remember that all happening on the same day before.

It's my missus's birthday on Sunday, time for me to dust off the old joke:

"I think you love England and the Rovers more than you love me!"

"I love Pakistan and the Dingles more than I love you!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

FWIW, I was there and thought he was pretty good last night (heck, the whole team was quite good as a unit).

Skimming through the game thread, seems there were a couple negative comments after West Ham's first goal, but having now seen the replay of the West Ham goal, I think it's harsh to judge what was more of an unlucky bounce (Edun was similarly a bit unlucky on the second one, albeit he does appear to lose his man for a second). In the flesh, my first reaction was Mola was too soft, but looks like a foul by Antonio on the replay too!

Edun went clear a ball with the outside of his favoured left foot instead of putting his right foot through it. Nothing to do with luck, just bad technique.

• Like 1

Going to book a trip over for the game vs Burnley at Ewood. It's St.Patricks weekend so will be the ultimate celebration 😉.  The game is currently scheduled for 18th March. I assume it will be selected for TV, my question is does anyone have a decent guess at when it will be played? Odds on it being moved to the Sunday? Saturday midday an option? Cheers.