BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Considering Sky usually show a 12:30 Saturday Championship game anyway, what is the rationale for (presumably) local plod making this game, and Cardiff v Swansea take place mostly at Sunday dinner?

Do hoolies behave better on a Sunday?

Less drinking time, but tbh if you're that way minded you'll find a way to get pissed anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

When was this?

2002 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/3065935.stm

The lad also breached his order weeks after getting out of nick:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/864245.football-fan-killer-back-behind-bars/

Edited by longsiders1882
Corrected year to 2002 - it was December
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Considering Sky usually show a 12:30 Saturday Championship game anyway, what is the rationale for (presumably) local plod making this game, and Cardiff v Swansea take place mostly at Sunday dinner?

Do hoolies behave better on a Sunday?

Double time for the plod 🧐

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In what way? You can still sup for hours on a Sunday. Not exactly Sunday trading .

Still less inclined on a Sunday than a Saturday imo. And early kick off shaves another 2.5hrs off.

I just hope neither set of fans embarrasses themselves on Remembrance Sunday 😕

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

For those mentioning the Forest fan dyeing in Burnley, let us not forget the Carlisle fan dyeing up at Carlisle when a Rovers fan returned a brick into a crowd of Carlisle fans that had previously been thrown at Rovers fans.

Every club has its idiots we can only hope that this match passes off relatively peacefully.

The lad in question lived a few doors away from me at the time. He wasn’t a football hooligan or a troublemaker of any kind. He just got swept along and in a moment of madness threw the brick. I’m sure he’s regretted his actions every day since.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

For those mentioning the Forest fan dyeing in Burnley, let us not forget the Carlisle fan dyeing up at Carlisle when a Rovers fan returned a brick into a crowd of Carlisle fans that had previously been thrown at Rovers fans.

Every club has its idiots we can only hope that this match passes off relatively peacefully.

What I was hinting at.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Jesus the way some people are talking on here you'd think Burnley was fucking Helmand or something. 

The Silly Squad are high tech these days i expect drones dropping bricks and laser guided missiles on anyone with a Blackburn accent.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The Silly Squad are high tech these days i expect drones dropping bricks and laser guided missiles on anyone with a Blackburn accent.

I doubt we'll see the spectacle of " Buzzes " being " buzzed " by drones or missiles, even though we Clarets do have an advantage as " Bomb Aimers ", because of the extra finger .... 🙄

• Like 5