BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Absolute tosh

Says who?? You?😂😂😂

Yeah your right, selling a top goalkeeper prospect for 3mil wasnt shortsighted at all. Lucky he isn't playing in the Premier League week in week out, has been courted and chased by the team top of the Premier League currently and champions League regulars, not to mention making the world cup squad for one of the best football teams in the world. Imagine he was currently valued at 20mil? That would have been a mistake wouldn't it?  Lucky we didn't do that...oh wait.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Says who?? You?😂😂😂

Yeah your right, selling a top goalkeeper prospect for 3mil wasnt shortsighted at all. Lucky he isn't playing in the Premier League week in week out, has been courted and chased by the team top of the Premier League currently and champions League regulars, not to mention making the world cup squad for one of the best football teams in the world. Imagine he was currently valued at 20mil? That would have been a mistake wouldn't it?  Lucky we didn't do that...oh wait.

You just don’t get it bb. At the time he wasn’t the keeper he is now, he was raw and made bad mistakes just as he did when he first went to Brentford. The deal we got after he requested to move was as good as it was always going to be. No one knew he would make such an improvement or progress at that time. So again £5m looks like a good deal. If he moves again for big money we get another bonus but interestingly enough no one has as even arsenal pulled out of the deal! Work that one out!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd genuinely start Kaminski over Raya. 

But then I'm the kind of person that hates a GK who has a howler in him. 

I'm a fan of TK. Just interesting to see the rise of Raya when at the time I felt it was crazy to let him go. Look at where is he at now. Very impressive.

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

I'm a fan of TK. Just interesting to see the rise of Raya when at the time I felt it was crazy to let him go. Look at where is he at now. Very impressive.

Look at TK as a second example, he is a £7m keeper at the cheap end and probably a £10m sale if he continues his form and for me he is far more consistent than Raya ever was

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

You just don’t get it bb. At the time he wasn’t the keeper he is now, he was raw and made bad mistakes just as he did when he first went to Brentford. The deal we got after he requested to move was as good as it was always going to be. No one knew he would make such an improvement or progress at that time. So again £5m looks like a good deal. If he moves again for big money we get another bonus but interestingly enough no one has as even arsenal pulled out of the deal! Work that one out!

I think you are the one who doesn't get. No one knew he would make such improvements?? Course they did, Brentford clearly did. It was obvious what a talent he was. Feels like you are on a wind up or just too stubborn to change your opinion. Happy to leave this now, I guess going to the world cup with Spain isn't all that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I think you are the one who doesn't get. No one knew he would make such improvements?? Course they did, Brentford clearly did. It was obvious what a talent he was. Feels like you are on a wind up or just too stubborn to change your opinion. Happy to leave this now, I guess going to the world cup with Spain isn't all that.

Trouble is mate, under little boy benson how was he ever to improve?

I was one of those happy he went, the number of times he screwed up when we were in good positions I lost count....so at the time I was happy he was replaced.  Fair point on his progression though....👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Trouble is mate, under little boy benson how was he ever to improve?

I was one of those happy he went, the number of times he screwed up when we were in good positions I lost count....so at the time I was happy he was replaced.  Fair point on his progression though....👍

He made some unbelievable saves too though and was young. I was sick when he left and for peanuts. Luckily TK is very good but for awhile it looked like we would be forced to endure the Steeles and Keans of this world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

No one knew he would make such an improvement or progress at that time. 

Utter rubbish. No-one could actually"know" just like no-one could have known if he'd ben seriously injured the first game he played for Brentford. So you've covered yourself there.

Most forecast he'd do exactly what he has done however.

Also, most blamed Mowbray for the way he treated him. and they were absolutely right. You don't single out a young keeper for criticism on several occasions and then expect to improve him and/or retain his loyalty.

That's why we got a paltry sum for him, he left before he could be worth big money.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know the exact amount and the inner workings of the transfer?

Sorry man but you’ve done this to me recently in relation to the Dack issue as well. We can’t post their wage slips on here nor always reveal sources as such but there are a few people who post on this forum that do actually have decent info.  

Not everyone who doesn’t ‘prove’ what they are putting forward are making it up.

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Its the biggest town derby in the country - damn right its on TV. Will be whenever its played!

Cant actually think of another big derby where both sides come from towns. Anyone think of one?

Not really. Rotherham v Barnsley is hardly comparable eh?

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

He made some unbelievable saves too though and was young. I was sick when he left and for peanuts. Luckily TK is very good but for awhile it looked like we would be forced to endure the Steeles and Keans of this world.

I couldnt agree with this more. I was absolutely devastated when he left.  I think it was very obvious that we had a top keeper/ asset on our hands and we practically gave him away to Brentford. His treatment at the end of his last season by TM was disgraceful, and the way we allowed him to leave without an adequate replacement was dire. I dont know the ins and outs of what happened behind the scenes but i am 100% certain that if he had stayed another year or two we would have got a much higher fee for him. A

• Like 4

My view we got a substantial fee for him at the market value when he was sold. Anyone who thinks that Rovers sold a player for a paltry amount when those involved knew his marketable value are daft. I don’t see Brentford coming in, with their astute knowledge, with a bigger offer and indeed no one else in the real football world made any offers especially th3 biggest 15 clubs in the PL, neither did any team from overseas! Then we buy TK for a nominal fee and for me he is a far better keeper and will represent a huge investment when he is sold. 

So it does seem someone knows about transfers at the club!

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

My view we got a substantial fee for him at the market value when he was sold. Anyone who thinks that Rovers sold a player for a paltry amount when those involved knew his marketable value are daft. I don’t see Brentford coming in, with their astute knowledge, with a bigger offer and indeed no one else in the real football world made any offers especially th3 biggest 15 clubs in the PL, neither did any team from overseas! Then we buy TK for a nominal fee and for me he is a far better keeper and will represent a huge investment when he is sold. 

So it does seem someone knows about transfers at the club!

Tom Cairney? 24/25 years old and one of the best midfielders in the championship at the time and we barely got 3 million for him. That was a shocker you can’t defend that one pal. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

Tom Cairney? 24/25 years old and one of the best midfielders in the championship at the time and we barely got 3 million for him. That was a shocker you can’t defend that one pal. 

Couldn't agree more!

• Like 1

With Rovers Raya was a great shot stopper but prone to brain farts and couldn't catch a cold.

The combination of Raya and Nyambe both not being good at defending crosses cost us often with balls played to the far post.

Now, under a different and dare I say much better coaching regime, Raya's skill set has improved in all aspects of the game.

He may have wanted out, I don't fault him for that, but Mowbray did hang him out to dry.

I also suspect he was a victim of the penalising wage structure for our Academy graduates. Modern day slavery.

I wished him well when he left and hope he gets game time for Spain but I didn't cry when he left ..... I just didn't expect the moron to bring in friggin Walton FFS ...

• Like 5