BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

My view we got a substantial fee for him at the market value when he was sold. Anyone who thinks that Rovers sold a player for a paltry amount when those involved knew his marketable value are daft. I don’t see Brentford coming in, with their astute knowledge, with a bigger offer and indeed no one else in the real football world made any offers especially th3 biggest 15 clubs in the PL, neither did any team from overseas! Then we buy TK for a nominal fee and for me he is a far better keeper and will represent a huge investment when he is sold. 

So it does seem someone knows about transfers at the club!

Well since your'e calling me "daft" I'll reply in kind. Your views on Rovers are generally crap and revolve around trying to justify every decision the Club makes.

We sold Raya at exactly the wrong time and got way less than we knew he would be worth. Worst of all we had no replacement! 2 daft decisions in one!

13 minutes ago, Butty said:

That was a shocker you can’t defend that one pal. 

Don't worry, he will!

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Butty said:

Tom Cairney? 24/25 years old and one of the best midfielders in the championship at the time and we barely got 3 million for him. That was a shocker you can’t defend that one pal. 

Yeah, that was a big shock tbh, really surprised he went as he was a key player for us and seemed happy enough. To me him going out of the blue for a relatively modest fee suggested Venkys were trying to get some money in, so I thought we'd sell a lot of players after but that didn't transpire.  Didn't seem in the end like we needed to sell him, we just wanted to. Very strange.

Really odd transfer. Suspect there was some issue behind the scenes? 

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah, that was a big shock tbh, really surprised he went as he was a key player for us and seemed happy enough. . Suspect there was some issue behind the scenes? 

I noticed him openly question Bowyers instructions in some games....he wasn't as happy as you think

• Like 1

David Coote – This will be only a second Championship fixture of the season for the Nottinghamshire-born official who has officiated regularly in the Premier League, and even the Champions League. He officiated Burnley’s 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa in May, while his last Rovers match was back in October 2020, a 4-2 home defeat to Reading.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I noticed him openly question Bowyers instructions in some games....he wasn't as happy as you think

Bowyer did well for us i'll always be happy to shake his hand or buy him a pint. His limitations were blindingly obvious though and along with Lowe etc his use of TC was one of them.

Believe me he isn't the only one who regularly questioned Gary, what a waste of that squad.

• Like 3

No need to argue about Raya. Just another example Tony Mowbray being a dick head. Selling a good player and replacing him with a shit one. Maybe he didn't like his trainers or haircut or some bollocks like that.

At least in this case Rovers actually received a transfer fee for an outgoing player. So in hindsight they played a blinder.

Anyway, FUCK OFF BURNLEY!!!

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Sorry man but you’ve done this to me recently in relation to the Dack issue as well. We can’t post their wage slips on here nor always reveal sources as such but there are a few people who post on this forum that do actually have decent info.  

Not everyone who doesn’t ‘prove’ what they are putting forward are making it up.

I will second that. My job means that I see wage slips for people I deal with, but I have a duty to keep things confidential too. Without saying who and when, I have seen wage slips and contracts for certain players, at Rovers and other clubs. 

Woke up at 5:30. My stomach is churning. It's the fear of them doing us over again, but I've prepared my mind to accept it if it happens.

How lucky are we to get that feeling of nervousness mixed with excitement? I don't know what to do with myself for the next six hours. I even did a little bit of housework. 😄 Surely that deserves some sort of positive result.

Anyway, I'm all set. Beers in the fridge. Rovers shirt ready. Wife has agreed to wear another Rovers shirt for good luck.

Nervously and excitedly, I say.... Bring on the Dingles! #COYB 😀🍻

• Like 5

• Backroom
6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

My view we got a substantial fee for him at the market value when he was sold. Anyone who thinks that Rovers sold a player for a paltry amount when those involved knew his marketable value are daft. I don’t see Brentford coming in, with their astute knowledge, with a bigger offer and indeed no one else in the real football world made any offers especially th3 biggest 15 clubs in the PL, neither did any team from overseas! Then we buy TK for a nominal fee and for me he is a far better keeper and will represent a huge investment when he is sold. 

So it does seem someone knows about transfers at the club!

They got him on the cheap because Mowbray fell out with him. You obviously remember that.

Let’s get this cricket won and then onto the important stuff. Toughest game of the season so far and we’re going into it as underdogs. Hopefully we can start strongly and quieten their fans. There may be a few nerves from their side after a defeat last time out (in the league). 

Been awake since 6am!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’d be asking the pub to keep on top of the result and keep me updated for a tip! Hope Mrs Herbie enjoys her birthday. 

I’ve not slept, can’t eat and have been sat at the door since 07:15 ready to leave. I’ve been offered tickets to the game, but I can’t put myself through it. The local pub is showing it, but I know there’s Dingles in there and I can’t risk that if they win. So I’m travelling to Blues Bar safe in the knowledge that if the worst happens, I can drive back home straight away, lock the door, turn my phone off and stroke my dog all evening. 

• Like 6

For anybody making their own way to the land that time forgot Lancashire Police have offered this advice.

1/ Dig out your old 1970's clothes such as flares, tank tops, and platform shoes. Even early 70's attire will do. Crombies, Ben Sherman shirts and Doc Martens will be fine.

2/ If a plane flies over point at it and look bewildered.

3/ When walking still slightly forward to give the impression that your knuckles are nearer to the ground.

4/ If possible keep your hands in your pockets for obvious reasons.

5/ If you are with members of your family cosy up to them as if your are actually lovers.

6/ Say faaave and naaane instead of five and nine.

7/ When you arrive home ensure you have a bath in disinfectant if you have been close to any of them.

You will blend in if you follow the above guidelines.

In seriousness keep safe everyone and do our club proud.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

How I feel to an absolute tee. Great piece.

Maybe it’s because I’m older, maybe it’s because The Record has long gone, maybe it’s because luckily I don’t know any Dingles, maybe it’s because *they* are the ones with all the dosh and expectation this season, maybe it’s because for the first time in a decade we seem like a functioning club (on the football side, not commercial- feck off Swag) so I can see the bigger picture.

Whatever it is, I don’t feel ‘sick with nerves’, or feel like I’d have to go straight to bed if we get beat etc etc… whereas I certainly did previously!

What will be will be and even though I hope to god we beat the insufferable bastards, that mini-Glazers financial model of theirs leads me to foreseeing  us being top dogs again in the medium term and I can take an odd defeat in the meantime as we clamber back on to our perch.

COYB!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Well since your'e calling me "daft" I'll reply in kind. Your views on Rovers are generally crap and revolve around trying to justify every decision the Club makes.

We sold Raya at exactly the wrong time and got way less than we knew he would be worth. Worst of all we had no replacement! 2 daft decisions in one!

Don't worry, he will!

You talk utter garbage. Defend when necessary and criticise when required!

Rovers got a good deal and a deal that was right at the time otherwise some club would have come in with a bigger offer, as we have seen venkys don’t sell cheaply they sell at the required value!

Cairney was sacrificed at the time Rovers were in ffp trouble as well as being ripe for the picking. He was the biggest earner and I do agree he was worth more however when clubs circle like that what else’s can they do? It was sell or suffer.

I find it is very easy for some on here to offer nothing but criticism and negativity whilst also not offering an alternative viewpoint.