Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Kaminski

Ayala Hyam S.Wharton

Brittain                               Pickering

Travis Morton Hedges

Gallagher     Brereton-Diaz

Desperately want A.Wharton in there 😭 but just feel Hedges has the edge atmo.

Broadly agree.

Back 5 should be pretty straightforward (though I do wonder if JDT will fancy putting Hedges at RWB?)

Front 2 absolutely nailed down. 

Midfield 3.... hmmm. Lots of options, not really sure who it will be. Morton always plays. But the other two spots there is a real argument for. Two places up for grabs and could be any of Adam Wharton, Travis, Szmodics, Hedges. Wouldn't be that surprised given the curve balls is Garrett made an appearance.

I think if I had to guess now what JDT will go for  : 

Kaminski

Hyam    Ayala   S.Wharton

Hedges                                 Pickering

Travis  Morton  A Wharton

Hedges one on one defending at RWB has been very good. He's a big physicals presence too. So I can see JDT going for it. Adam Wharton has been brilliant, will probably not play Wednesday, so will have had 10 days rest so think he will start.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, booth said:

Me too, we aren't there yet. If we had a balsy midfielder and another goalscorer I'd be confident. I think JDT will want to defend with a hope of hitting them on the break, but we won't be able to get out of our own half.

A terrible last 30 minutes where we have Hirst, Vale and Szmodics as our front three unable to do anything with or even retain the ball. Defence bombarded.

Yeah, I don't like to think what will happen when Gallagher goes off. We've got no effective plan for that at all. If we're sitting deep and hitting it long Dolan, Vale, Szmodics are just not going to worry them.

I do wonder if giving Markanday a run as a genuine pace outlet could be a smart thing to work into a our game plan.

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah, I don't like to think what will happen when Gallagher goes off. We've got no effective plan for that at all. If we're sitting deep and hitting it long Dolan, Vale, Szmodics are just not going to worry them.

I do wonder if giving Markanday a run as a genuine pace outlet could be a smart thing to work into a our game plan.

If Markanday plays at all, it has got to be  up front through the center, he isn't much good as a winger. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Markanday plays at all, it has got to be  up front through the center, he isn't much good as a winger. 

Yeah... obviously not a short term thing to introduce, but we need someone who can get the opposition turning around. When Vale, Dolan, Szmodics or HIrst are up there once Gallagher is off they end up neither holding the ball up or threatening in behind. Maybe Markanday could get them worried that he can break away, a bit like Armstrong used to. But I've got no real idea if he can do that?

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Broadly agree.

Back 5 should be pretty straightforward (though I do wonder if JDT will fancy putting Hedges at RWB?)

Front 2 absolutely nailed down. 

Midfield 3.... hmmm. Lots of options, not really sure who it will be. Morton always plays. But the other two spots there is a real argument for. Two places up for grabs and could be any of Adam Wharton, Travis, Szmodics, Hedges. Wouldn't be that surprised given the curve balls is Garrett made an appearance.

I think if I had to guess now what JDT will go for  : 

Kaminski

Hyam    Ayala   S.Wharton

Hedges                                 Pickering

Travis  Morton  A Wharton

Hedges one on one defending at RWB has been very good. He's a big physicals presence too. So I can see JDT going for it. Adam Wharton has been brilliant, will probably not play Wednesday, so will have had 10 days rest so think he will start.

I’d probably go for that team but Hedges LWB and Brittain RWB

Kaminski

Hyam    Ayala   Wharton

Brittain                                       Hedges

Morton  Travis  Wharton

Gallagher       Brereton-Diaz

I don’t rate Travis and would rather see Dack (even Szmodics) in there but it’s never going to happen with JDT so kept it realistic 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

The dream would be beating their full strength side 10-0, sending them into meltdown and they end up with back to back relegations after reappointing Owen Coyle whilst ALK fritters away all their money wouldn't it?

I've had similar dreams in reverse .... can I suggest laying off the cheese before bedtime ? 😎

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

Kaminski

Ayala Hyam S.Wharton

Brittain                               Pickering

Travis Morton Hedges

Desperately want A.Wharton in there 😭 but just feel Hedges has the edge atmo.

This would be my starting line up too.

We need three midfielders in there, plus three that are combative, we need two full backs, or wing backs or half backs, call them what you like, but we need defensive cover out wide, with right footers and left footers on their correct side, without any inverted nonsense. 

Despite our limited set piece success, I think with this line up, we hopefully might have enough height to cause them problems at corners etc... Ayala heading one? Perhaps even a breakaway Diaz goal on the counter? I am anticipating little ball possession and being encamped in our half, yet our three central defenders and the best goalkeeper in the championship, fingers crossed keeping them at bay.

Problem is they have more fingers to cross, so quite possibly two late dingle goals in injury time, 93rd and 101st minutes for a draw? 

I'd gladly take our first draw of the season at the Dingledome. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, superniko said:

I’d probably go for that team but Hedges LWB and Brittain RWB

Kaminski

Hyam    Ayala   Wharton

Brittain                                       Hedges

Morton  Travis  Wharton

Gallagher       Brereton-Diaz

I don’t rate Travis and would rather see Dack (even Szmodics) in there but it’s never going to happen with JDT so kept it realistic 

Pickering has had a really good run of games, and Brittain really struggled a LWB against Coventry. So assuming everyones fit I would assume Pickering will be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

One thing is for sure we won’t beat the number of sendings off at yesterdays Boca Juniors v Racing Club game. 

Or this ... hopefully .....

"Back in 2011, Buenos Aires rivals Claypole and Victoriano Arenas were contesting a league match in which two players had already been sent off before halftime. The second half descended into pure chaos after a few nasty challenges triggered an all-out, bench-clearing brawl. Some fans even got involved in the fisticuffs. 

In his post-match report, the referee detailed how he had sent off all 22 players, as well as an additional 14 made up of subs and coaches. That’s right, 36 red cards in one match"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, booth said:

After the last 12 years my suggestion would be to eat as much cheese as we can.

Vivid dreams came to me when prescribed tramadol for pain management, prior to a hip replacement .... actually played for England at Twickenham, belted out the National Anthem like anything, Mrs " Sympathetic Claret " & parents beaming down from the stands ... lovely !

My GP, an old mate, rang to see how I was getting on, and I duly reported this apparently common side effect ... " Do you want me to try you with an alternative painkiller ? "

" No thanks, Doc, I'm waiting for my three in a bed session with Cheryl Ladd & Catherine Bach ( Daisy Duke ), once I've had that dream, I'll get back to you ! " 😉

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Vivid dreams came to me when prescribed tramadol for pain management, prior to a hip replacement .... actually played for England at Twickenham, belted out the National Anthem like anything, Mrs " Sympathetic Claret " & parents beaming down from the stands ... lovely !

My GP, an old mate, rang to see how I was getting on, and I duly reported this apparently common side effect ... " Do you want me to try you with an alternative painkiller ? "

" No thanks, Doc, I'm waiting for my three in a bed session with Cheryl Ladd & Catherine Bach ( Daisy Duke ), once I've had that dream, I'll get back to you ! " 😉

Nothing cheesy then?

I know a Championship referee who recently gave the Carrots an extra 10 minutes to score a winner against Rotherham. I just hope it’s not him in the middle for this one. Given the fact he’s from the Preston/Blackpool area he could well be. 

Edited by Ianrally

Instead of sitting in deep, why not take the game to them with a passing team of energy. Don't think they are the most physical outfit. For shock value I'll swap Travis for Buckly. 

Kaminski

Hedges - Hyam - Ayala - Pickering

Buckley - Morton - A.Wharton

Hedges       Gally       Diaz

It's gonna be a cracking atmosphere and a long time before we see a top of the table clash between us and them for many a year. It's set up perfectly and has a very special feel to it. Just need the players to do themselves proud and leave it all out there. Be brave, calm, smart and have a fuck load of passion!

• Like 4