BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

• Madon pinned this topic

We could really just do with a good performance and some entertainment above all else. Things are very very stale at the moment. Should be a fair number of walk ons, partly because it's so long since a Saturday 3pm home game!

Sounds like BBD is starting, not sure how his season is going to pan out now. Will he remain focused and 100% committed? I'd like to think so as he doesn't come across as a tit. Maybe he'll even start playing better now his future is seemingly chosen. 

Going for a 2-1 home win.

BBD and Szmodics with the goals. Is Khadra allowed to play or is he cup tied? He got on my tits against Sheff Utd earlier in the season.

Will be weird for our left and right backs, playing in front of the Riverside, and not receiving the usual abuse....or encouragement. 

As I've repeated for a number of games now, it is a chance for 3 or 4 non-regulars to show what they can do, and show some individual quality, and really impact the game by preventing or creating goals. 

The focus for me though is for us to improve our basic passing, concentration, and ball control. This shouldn't still be an issue by the end of January. 

Fingers crossed for a good, high scoring game, and progression to the last 16.

We'll start to dream then, always dangerous.... 😀

• Like 1

Rotherham had won once in 13 games with plenty of defeats before the soft centres rolled into town and I thought will lose. Wasn’t quite expecting a 4-0 massacre though. Brum have lost their last 5 excluding the mighty forest green and I’m thinking exactly the same thing as I did vs Rotherham. 

Edited by matt83

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Birmingham have been in free fall the last few weeks.

Won 2 of their last 10 and that includes the Cup game against lowly Forest Green. 

Yep, all the more reason to really take the game to them from minute one. 

Earlier in the season it would've been a guaranteed start for Adam Wharton, although even without his injury, he may well have not started today.

This means that there will be a lot of weight on the shoulders of SS if he starts, I need to see consistent quality from him....

Rovers 3 - 1.

Edited by garnersfags

Trying to get excited for this, but not really working so far. Being moved out of my seat, the prospect of there being more Birmingham fans than us, a frustrating transfer window, our poor form and playing style are all contributing factors.

On the flip side it should present a good opportunity to progress in the best cup competition in the world. Hopefully a fringe player or two will give us something a bit different, and I’ll soon cheer up if we put in a performance and get a result.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Trying to get excited for this, but not really working so far. Being moved out of my seat, the prospect of there being more Birmingham fans than us, a frustrating transfer window, our poor form and playing style are all contributing factors.

On the flip side it should present a good opportunity to progress in the best cup competition in the world. Hopefully a fringe player or two will give us something a bit different, and I’ll soon cheer up if we put in a performance and get a result.

For me football is all about the next game. Go with your flip side...sorted.

I'm usually in Blackburn End but trying out Upper Jack Walker today so looking forward to seeing what goes on in that side of Ewood.

COYB

Edited by Cherry Blue

19 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

For me football is all about the next game. Go with your flip side...sorted.

I'm usually in Blackburn End but trying out Upper Jack Walker today so looking forward to seeing what goes on in that side of Ewood.

COYB

I’m trying! 

23 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Trying to get excited for this, but not really working so far. Being moved out of my seat, the prospect of there being more Birmingham fans than us......

No worries about being outnumbered, we sell a crazy number of tickets in the 3 hours before kick-off, when it's a tenner a ticket.

We'll have 8-11,000, they'll have 2 - 4000.

They're understandably even more depressed than us at the mo. 

Watch out for Khadra today, he will inevitably be reminded about his mind-blowing Ewood 3 months as soon as he arrives at the ground, and it will definitely inspire him. 

My Prediction.

We will close the Riverside and, because it’s £10 anywhere, end up with more people than normal going in the JW upper.

However only 2 of the bar/food outlets will be open because they ‘aren’t expecting a huge crowd.’

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

My Prediction.

We will close the Riverside and, because it’s £10 anywhere, end up with more people than normal going in the JW upper.

However only 2 of the bar/food outlets will be open because they ‘aren’t expecting a huge crowd.’

Exactly this happened recently, I really hope they learned from that, BB End JW upper will be rammed, sure they can see this as clearly as we can. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

No worries about being outnumbered, we sell a crazy number of tickets in the 3 hours before kick-off, when it's a tenner a ticket.

We'll have 8-11,000, they'll have 2 - 4000.

They're understandably even more depressed than us at the mo. 

Watch out for Khadra today, he will inevitably be reminded about his mind-blowing Ewood 3 months as soon as he arrives at the ground, and it will definitely inspire him. 

I can see kick off being delayed. They are asking fans to try and buy a digital ticket rather than turn up and get one at the ticket office. The website doesn’t work properly so I’m not sure how well that will go.

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I can see kick off being delayed. They are asking fans to try and buy a digital ticket rather than turn up and get one at the ticket office. The website doesn’t work properly so I’m not sure how well that will go.

Interestingly, the 2.30pm queues aren't as big as you would expect for these last minute rush games. 

Most of us have sussed out the digital ordering, and more importantly, the club has removed the 'collect ticket' option when buying online. I was disappointed by this, as it will put a few less tech-savvy fans off, but it certainly makes the ticket collection queue shorter. 

It will be v v busy around the ticket office, but not enough to delay kick-off. 

The players will notice the increased JW stand noise levels, and it will look rammed from the Riverside TV cameras 🤣

This is a chance to bring another £120k into the club.

Yes it's a shame that ex-Premier League winners should have to look at a cup run to bring additional funds in, but here we are.

That's the signing bonus of a good FA in the summer / the transfer fee for someone with 6 months left on their contract.