BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

I think we are the first club to take it this far to an independent arbitration panel. Either way it goes I think the EFL need to overhaul their appeals process and go straight to an independent panel. 

We had 3 clubs deciding on our appeal and 2 of them were playoff competitors in Millwall and Middlesbrough, so they are hardly going to look at the case in an objective manner.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phili said:

I think we are the first club to take it this far to an independent arbitration panel. Either way it goes I think the EFL need to overhaul their appeals process and go straight to an independent panel. 

We had 3 clubs deciding on our appeal and 2 of them were playoff competitors in Millwall and Middlesbrough, so they are hardly going to look at the case in an objective manner.

Brings a true meaning to "EFL you're having a laugh".

• Like 1

I just feel for the player. Just a shit show now, our clowns and the efl goons both fked up and there will be no real winner now, even if the loan goes through he will already have missed half a dozen games, then considering he's barely played first team football for a while he would likely need a few more weeks at least to get up to speed

• Like 1

EFL aren't good enough to run this league. 

these sorts of decisions should have been sorted with a couple of days by independent person or board of 3. 

Its needs re-organising and EFL seems more than about streaming football than actually coming up with his TV network for showing live games similar to what is now but then shown on Sky, Amazon, BT, Virgin media for monthly subscriptions for people who want it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'm sure the delay is down to the EFL thinking about streaming matches in years to come.

Never said it was down to the EFL thinking about Streaming matches from 2024/25 season but the point being putting proper procedures and structures to ensure quick and decisive decisions can be make. Sadly the EFL isn't good enough in making quick decisions. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never said it was down to the EFL thinking about Streaming matches from 2024/25 season but the point being putting proper procedures and structures to ensure quick and decisive decisions can be make. Sadly the EFL isn't good enough in making quick decisions. 

Chaddy, serious question, can the club ever do wrong in your eyes?

54 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chaddy, serious question, can the club ever do wrong in your eyes?

simple answer no. 

But I don't believe the club were wrong in O'Brien transfer was done at 10.50pm only for EFL to asked for extra paperwork. 

Do you think Rovers were to blame? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

EFL aren't good enough to run this league. 

these sorts of decisions should have been sorted with a couple of days by independent person or board of 3.

I tend to agree with you here Chaddy. Even if we take who is right and who is wrong out of the equation, O'brien (and potentially the club if we win) suffer because of the appeals process set out by the EFL. 

It seems their appeals process is purposefully cumbersome to put clubs off going to the lengths we are going too. The stage one appeal should be independent. It feels like a time wasting loop clubs have to jump through to reach a genuine appeal through arbitration. We've already seen in the media that the club were hoping the arbitration appeal would be sped up, but the EFL are reportedly sticking to the time scale of a maximum of two weeks for them to put forward an independent representative, when putting someone forward at speed is within their control.

By the time a genuine, independent resolution has been found we'll be close to a month and potentially 6 or 7 games missed should we win. Without getting into the nitty gritty of where accountability lies, this process is evidence enough that the EFL are not managing situations such as these well and not treating the player at the centre of it all with any kind of professionalism. Their process lacks any accountability to their stakeholders. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

simple answer no. 

But I don't believe the club were wrong in O'Brien transfer was done at 10.50pm only for EFL to asked for extra paperwork. 

Do you think Rovers were to blame? 

Yes. They should have covered all bases in the paper work no matter how big or little. These are multi million pound companies with administrative staff earning probably hundreds of thousands between them. They simply should have known better, it was their mistake (even if it was only a seemingly minor mistake/oversight) 

That said! Imo... These are just honest mistakes and there is no reason for the efl not to show a bit of leniency when these things happen (because it doesn't benefit anybody to be so strict and pedantic with the rules) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

What nobody seems to be picking up on - yet again we seem to have a news black out from the club itself. No apparent effort from the club to give the fans direct updates. I don't know, could be part of EFL rules - but surely they could confirm what state the appeal is at ? Rather than us having to rely on conflicting reports from various media outlets.

For those criticising the EFL, there is potentially millions at stake from promotion (we could debate all night whether O'Brien would make that much difference), with potential for them to be sued by other clubs. IF the rumours are true, and we only missed the deadline because of an additional clause that didn't need to be added - I would imagine it will become  potentially complex.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Let me repeat:

The EFL have not been dragging their feet, they made a decision very quickly and stuck with it. 

It is Rovers who instigated the appeals.

I think the point is that the appeals process needs streamlining. Let's not forget, as well as the club, there is a player left in limbo while this drags on.

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I have no sympathy for Rovers. They are a football club (supposedly) this is what they do.

It's just another basic task that this club can't get right.

As predicted they are now trying to shift the blame onto the EFL.

That all depends on whether the EFL rules are clear as to the requirements that we fell foul of, that delayed final submission. 

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Let me repeat:

The EFL have not been dragging their feet, they made a decision very quickly and stuck with it. 

It is Rovers who instigated the appeals.

How quickly have the EFL dealt with the appeals? Given how little we know, I’m not absolving either party of blame at the moment.

• Like 1

Whilst I share the frustration there's no update from the club, it could of course be that there's not much to update on?

People are feeding off tit-bits off Nixon, a man with an extremely flawed track record.

When the time comes Gregg has already said he'll disclose full details, if he doesn't he'll just look stupid now.

Whilst this rumbles on Forest U21 play tonight so I wonder if LOB will be included? 

4 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

How quickly have the EFL dealt with the appeals? Given how little we know, I’m not absolving either party of blame at the moment.

I am in agreement with that.

But I am sure that, and as no fan of the EFL, the EFL have dealt with the appeal(s) within the permitted timeframe whatever that is.

When it's finally decided I expect full disclosure from GB as promised. This should include a DD timeframe of who did what, where and when.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

33 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

As far as I’m aware there’s been no communication from Ewood since that amateurish statement after deadline day.

I also felt the same about the statement. It had an air of a teenager trying to excuse themselves as to why they didn't do their homework. Amateurish is an apt description of the statement.

@DavidMailsTightPerm mentioned that nobody has picked up on the lack of communication from the club. I commented about this a few days ago. Broughton is showing himself up to be all talk and no action, and when I refer to "action", I'm ironically referring to talk (communication). He, himself, said that "we need to be better at communication", and that "it could have been handled better". We are seeing a repeat of zero communication.

Frankly, I might be the odd one out when it comes to clamouring for communication; I'm not that bothered because the actions speak for themselves. Broughton's mistake, however, is communicating that the club will be better at communicating in future, and then not communicating. I'm coming to the conclusion that he is full of sh*t, and the only weapon he has in his locker is a management book full of quotes and cliches.

I don't like Waggott as much as the next person. He needs to go for a multitude of reasons. However, Broughton accepted this job and handsome pay that presumably goes with it, and has told us how he is ultimately responsibility for obtaining players, and that the buck stops with him on the deadline day debacle.

There has been mention of Broughton's success in tying down our prospects to extended contracts. While that is pleasing, isn't it normal for a club to be doing that? I feel as though it is only being applauded due to the club's short-sightedness on contracts in recent years.

Let's keep things simple. Broughton failed at his job in this transfer window, and he's continuing to fail by not substantiating what he said regarding communication. I still stand by the fact that, even if circumstances mean that we struggle to do deals until deadline day, there is still time enough to ensure that it is done in time. This "seven seconds late" and submitting ten minutes before the deadline is sheer stupidity. Get it done and dusted, and then deal with pleasantries, media bollocks, and so on.

I tear my hair out because, even if Broughton or Waggott go, we'll only go and employ more amateurs.