BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How was that a horrible watch?

We were disciplined, committed and worked our socks off. A draw is a fair result because Kone missed an open goal for them - but I'd be livid if I was JDT at the FK they were awarded for their goal.

If we play like that for the rest of the season I'll be delighted. 

It was horrible to watch Brereton and then Gallagher.

You've got Dack who is a quality footballer, then those two big dosile twonks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We've genuinely played well in 2023, we just usually can't take our chances.

Wait, what?

4-0 Rotherham, draw with bottom of the league and draw with Bristol City. 
xG 0.65, 1.16, 0.96

You constantly mention “not taking our chances”, “we’re just missing a number 9”. Absolute nonsense. We create zero and we’re a terrible football team to watch. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

You continuously post this but all I remember is “Brittain > Nyambe, Hyam > Lenihan” from a few months ago. 

Yes, the three permanent transfers of JDT / Broughton are better than the players that departed and / or were left at Rovers.

Mowbray built his teams on loans - and big, failed, purchases. He lived season to season. 

• Like 1

Just now, superniko said:

Wait, what?

xG 0.65, 1.16, 0.96

You constantly mention “not taking our chances”, “we’re just missing a number 9”. Absolute nonsense. We create zero and we’re a terrible football team to watch. 

That's not entirely true, we do have chances and don't take them. And we are missing a number 9.

But we are a terrible football team to watch, because we have some absolutely terrible footballers.

Ending that game we had at least two passengers doing absolutely nothing at best, and at worst being a liability. You don't win football games with players like that. We wouldn't have conceded only for Brereton and Gallagher.

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Wait, what?

xG 0.65, 1.16, 0.96

I'm not totally disagreeing with you. We don't make enough chances. 

However Xg is calculated on shots taken. At times we do get the ball into dangerous areas but our striker's have no instincts and don't anticipate. A decent striker would mean our Xg would be far higher as they'd anticipate chances and thus take more shots.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Two mins in ten in the League, God knows where we'll end up finishing.

How are you possibly negative when we've just gone away to Watford and picked up a point? They spent £18m in the summer (not including loan fees) and 'loaned' a £19m player back from Udinese.

We've taken 4 points off them this season - I appreciate that you think JDT should make wine out of water, but could you not just appreciate a good result and a good performance for an hour or so?

• Like 5

Its getting silly now we don't draw a game for months now we cant stop drawing although i would have took a draw before kick off on another point  i have just checked the EFL rules and apparently we are allowed to win a games in February just cant recall doing it that often.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I actually think that's how you should use him - a big, athletic player that chases everything down when you're ahead. 

He's not going to score you any goals though.

But he doesn't chase.  He stands there looking gormless 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

Wait, what?

xG 0.65, 1.16, 0.96

Agree to disagree I guess. 

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yes, the three permanent transfers of JDT / Broughton are better than the players that departed and / or were left at Rovers.

Mowbray built his teams on loans - and big, failed, purchases. He lived season to season. 

So you think we have a better team and squad now than what Mowbray had, but we’re in an inferior position both literally and with every stat in the league showing we’re a bottom 5 rated team?

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How are you possibly negative when we've just gone away to Watford and picked up a point? They spent £18m in the summer (not including loan fees) and 'loaned' a £19m player back from Udinese.

We've taken 4 points off them this season - I appreciate that you think JDT should make wine out of water, but could you not just appreciate a good result and a good performance for an hour or so?

How can you possibly be positive when we've just dropped two points from a winning position and in general are plummeting down the table like a stone?.

As the other poster said it's difficult to get enthused when we're obviously headed for a 15th to 16th place finish after being third at one point and even more dispiriting that had we stayed in the play off positions it seemingly wasn't part of the Club's plan in any event.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I'm not totally disagreeing with you. We don't make enough chances. 

However Xg is calculated on shots taken. At times we do get the ball into dangerous areas but our striker's have no instincts and don't anticipate. A decent striker would mean our Xg would be far higher as they'd anticipate chances and thus take more shots.

But i also think we rate towards the bottom for shots on target, touches in opposite box, passes in opposition half. Almost everything that measure us as a team, we rank 20th down. We don’t create chances.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He chases lost causes in the channels and harries defenders. He just doesn't know when to make an attacking run - it's not in his locker. 

I agree with roverandout on this. He does stand there looking gormless.

I'm convinced he forgets which team he's on.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, superniko said:

So you think we have a better team and squad now than what Mowbray had, but we’re in an inferior position both literally and with every stat in the league showing we’re a bottom 5 rated team?

No, I don't think we have a more talented squad than Mowbray assembled - partly because he flooded the team with loans and partly because he was clearly given a much larger budget to play with. 

We have better permanent players now - but there's no real reason you couldn't have had Brittain AND Nyambe, for example, besides the fact that Mowbray soured him on Rovers. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover