BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Yes, I wouldn't want to lose the current fluidity through the middle and up top.

But you'd happily sacrifice the defensive stodginess of course ?

How are the team supposed to gel when it gets swapped around every week ?

Monday night BBD, Dack, Thomas, Buckley etc more than enough on that pitch to get something but they aren't set up correctly. However if Brereton puts away that chance we should have gone on to get a few more.

Fine lines.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Last chance saloon this one. Lose it and away goes any remaining hope of making Top 6.

I think we will lose and won't even finish top half. Our current form is relegation standard.

Our form has been fine - won 2, drawn 3 and lost 1 in 2023. If we could score goals that'd be dramatically different, but alas...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Quite a few Leonard fluff pieces knocking about this week - is he in line for a debut?

Given JDTs comments post match against Birmingham about the movement in the box being poor and Leonard bagging twice in the under 21s I reckon he's going to get a crack yes. Whether it's a start or not is to be seen...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Given JDTs comments post match against Birmingham about the movement in the box being poor

The movement in the box has been poor since he got here. It doesn't say a lot for his coaching credentials if nothing has changed. More than that, it says a lot about how his teams are set up. To get movement in the box you need to get players in there. 

He should look at himself before he starts pointing fingers at the players. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Who, Everton ?

I can't speak for @Ianrally, who was responding to my earlier post commenting that, like Everton, Watford also come onto the field to the "Z Cars" theme.

Although there's a kind of logic in Everton coming onto the pitch to that theme - "Z Cars" having been set in (I vaguely remember) in Skelmersdale, where many Scousers settled - I don't know why Watford also do that.

@Ianrallywas, I guess, suggesting more relevant themes for Watford to come onto the pitch.

Leonard is a must for me against Watford, he scored for the under 23s again and I like his attitude, he said in the Lancs Telegraph I am here to score goals it's my job he sounds confident. Good news on the horizon, Brittain also played for the under 23s  and is in line for a return to action around about the end of this month. I am not confident of predicting the score for this one after the poor performance Monday night.

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Another gutless, piss poor display on the cards here.

Watford 4-0 Rovers

You know in your heart of hearts that it won't be that good 😉

3 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

I can't speak for @Ianrally, who was responding to my earlier post commenting that, like Everton, Watford also come onto the field to the "Z Cars" theme.

Although there's a kind of logic in Everton coming onto the pitch to that theme - "Z Cars" having been set in (I vaguely remember) in Skelmersdale, where many Scousers settled - I don't know why Watford also do that.

@Ianrallywas, I guess, suggesting more relevant themes for Watford to come onto the pitch.

I remember as a kid learning the song that became the Z cars theme tune. It was called Johnny Todd, it was about a sailor from Liverpool, so I can see the Everton link. Not a clue how it is connected to Watford.

4 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Perfectly understood, that’s exactly what I was getting at.