BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

4 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

I don't know why Watford also do that.

It was the decision of Bill McGarry, who was Watford's manager in the 63/64.  Z-Cars was his favourite show. Watford started running out to it a year after Everton started doing the same (1962) 

A future Rovers manager replaced McGarry as Watford manager in 64/65. Guess ?????

Anyway, they've apparently run out to 'I'm Still Standing' by Elton since about 2019. 

33 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It was the decision of Bill McGarry, who was Watford's manager in the 63/64.  Z-Cars was his favourite show. Watford started running out to it a year after Everton started doing the same (1962) 

A future Rovers manager replaced McGarry as Watford manager in 64/65. Guess ?????

Anyway, they've apparently run out to 'I'm Still Standing' by Elton since about 2019. 

Ken Furphy ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Last chance saloon this one. Lose it and away goes any remaining hope of making Top 6.

I think we will lose and won't even finish top half. Our current form is relegation standard.

Nah, the league is far too tight and there are too many games left, at this stage.

Add our general inconsistency into that and I suspect the season will be live until the last few games.

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So we're just completely ignoring two games against a Championship club (playing their first XI) in the FA Cup?

Sure, I guess.

Ha! Point 1----this is the Watford Away topic! Its a League game! Our League form, (the relevant reference point) is terrible.

Point 2---quite common for a team to go on a good Cup run when their League form is dreadful.

Best example----Wigan! Beat City a few years ago in the Final while already relegated.

Our recent form has not been fine!

• Like 2

Tomorrow is the first of six games in seventeen days, four of which are away. With a relatively small and inexperienced squad the resources are going to be stretched to the limit. Out of the five league games I think we will get six points and continue our downward trajectory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Tomorrow is the first of six games in seventeen days, four of which are away. With a relatively small and inexperienced squad the resources are going to be stretched to the limit. Out of the five league games I think we will get six points and continue our downward trajectory.

Well, they knew the squad was thin at the start of the season. In he transfer window was it two out and one in?

I call it neglect!

• Like 3

Pears

JRC         Carter      Wharton   Pickering

Thomas    Travis     Buckley    Hedges 

Dack

Brereton

Back to basics, get the ball in the box. Hedges just gets the nod over Dolan by virtue of being left footed. 

• Like 4

I don't think that the key can possibly lie in loads of crosses, with just one striker trying to get on the end of them. I think pace on the counter attack has to be the key.

Giant blow that Kaminski seemingly has a bad injury, reading the LT article today. People may think it is a blessing after a couple of mistakes and with Pears doing fine in the cup, but over time, it will cost us.

• Like 4

In his pre match press conference Bilic said when we have played the top teams away we have counter attacked (or set up to counter). That is how he is expecting us to play so hopefully Tomasson can come up with a surprise or two.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In his pre match press conference Bilic said when we have played the top teams away we have counter attacked (or set up to counter). That is how he is expecting us to play so hopefully Tomasson can come up with a surprise or two.

The surprise will be that we're not even going to bother to counter, just defend. 

They'll do what other good teams have done and jump on us and press high up forcing the suicidal jittery passing around the back and the odd hopeful punt to Brereton Diaz.

Some big calls for JDT tomorrow but i expect him to stick Morton back in.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that the key can possibly lie in loads of crosses, with just one striker trying to get on the end of them. I think pace on the counter attack has to be the key.

I think we should be crossing more than normal but need at least 3 players in the box. We need to remain solid and defensive sound but attacking them. Nothing to fear from them.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Giant blow that Kaminski seemingly has a bad injury, reading the LT article today. People may think it is a blessing after a couple of mistakes and with Pears doing fine in the cup, but over time, it will cost us.

Pears have played well this season and he has improved. Glad to see you backing him 

• Like 1