BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

Today will either be a tonking or a masterclass snatch n grab. First goal crucial, if we get it we can defend quite well & use the counter to good effect, esp as I think Watford are quite powder puff like us if they go behind.

If they get it however... 🙈

I've got a sneaky feeling we can do this, 0-1. Here's hoping...

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Clubs make up injures all the time. Want away players out the side with these calf/thigh/groin strains that miraculously clear up as soon as they move…

Who could forget K**n basically suggesting Ryan Nelsen's career was practically over (not like him to sensationalise something) only for him to line up for Spurs days later.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Clubs make up injures all the time. Want away players out the side with these calf/thigh/groin strains that miraculously clear up as soon as they move…

Yeah that would be useful, in February when the window has shut 🙄 

Pretty sure he's actually injured, not everything is a conspiracy. 

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Yeah that would be useful, in February when the window has shut 🙄 

Pretty sure he's actually injured, not everything is a conspiracy. 

Players are “ injured “ for several reasons these days. Wasn’t it Salgado that never got picked because one more game would have triggered a clause in his contract ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

TK is clearly injured, there's no conspiracy theories and JDT is NOT like K**n.

I wish folk would let go of the past and not tar the current management team (in this context I mean GB and JDT) with the brush of old. Yes we still have Venkys whose ownership model makes no sense, and there are still some kentaro / SEM staff in place, but I genuinely believe GB and JDT are in it for the right reasons. Whether or not they are sufficiently competent,time will tell.

As for today, I am less nervous about Pears than previously. I guess it's Carter & Wharton again, with JRC & Pickering, which is probably as weak as we have.

I guess Morton will start alongside Buckley, ,though I'd prefer Garrett & Buckley for the former's extra steel.

Up front I'd go Thomas right, BBD left, with Gallagher up front & Dack behind. 

• Like 3

No Buckley today please. Give Garrett and Travis a go or even Morton, can't afford another passenger showing. Pickering gonna need some help today too. Not too concerned about the rest. 

Hoping for an upset or a draw. Heart says 2-0 Rovers, head says a loss by 2 or 3.

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'll be buzzin' if we beat the Hornets. We need to take the sting out of their attacks early doors and then bee ready to hit them on the counter. Having a flying winger in Thomas should help with that. 

0-1 with a late Dack volley nest-ling in the corner of the net. 

Oh beehive yourself…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BigBar said:

No Buckley today please. Give Garrett and Travis a go or even Morton, can't afford another passenger showing. Pickering gonna need some help today too. Not too concerned about the rest. 

Hoping for an upset or a draw. Heart says 2-0 Rovers, head says a loss by 2 or 3.

Garrett is in Leyland.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigBar said:

We'll always have a passenger somewhere on the pitch.

Vale or Gallagher... Morton, Travis or Buckley... Pickering or Edun...

• Like 1

No goals up front. Confidence low. Morale low. Application and effort low. Expectations of fans low. Ability of the leadership team to inspire low. 

There can only be one outcome...

Paradox 😉

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaminski has been carrying an injury for a while and JDT has just told him to get it sorted whilst he's throwing the ball into the back of his own net. 

He could still play if he was in form, but this is an easier way to get him out of the firing line to get himself back together mentally. 

9 minutes ago, booth said:

We'll always have a passenger somewhere on the pitch.

Vale or Gallagher... Morton, Travis or Buckley... Pickering or Edun...

I don't mind Gally as much as many but I do obviously get their frustration. Our midfield is embarrassing and left back is always a worry hence highlighting both.