BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

You've got to imagine they're going to have most of the ball and in our half. We need pace out wide to try and break out any opportunity we get. And a striker on the last defenders toes all go. No coming deep to get the ball or trying too much. Just be there ready the few chances we get to play it forward. We're due a performance so I think we'll take a point and say thank you very much.

Pears

Brittain Carter Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley 

JRC Dack Thomas

Gally

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski

Carter
Hyam (if back)
Wharton

Thomas
Rankin-Costello
Travis
Pickering

Hedges
Leonard
Dolan

You would drop Vale even though he was "good" on Monday?

That team is frightening, Dack has to play. I would struggle to justify dropping Brereton just because as poor as he has been lately, he is still as likely to score as anyone there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robbo_rovers said:

My 6 year old's first away game and my first away game for a good few years. Was impressed by the ticket prices and it looks like a nice ground to visit. Quite an easy journey on the train from Oxenholme too.

Not holding out much hope for a result, but they've drawn 2 and lost of 1 from their last 3 games, so there's no reason (in theory) why we can't get a result. Would be happy with another draw but can easily see another limp away performance and a 2/3-0 defeat. Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

Hope the team - whichever one JDT picks - don't put your young 'un off watching Rovers away for ever, @robbo_rovers! And don't worry about the Z Cars theme before the game begins; we won't be playing a Dyche team!

Honestly, even if I hadn't seen us at Vicarage Road once before, I think I'd be struggling to summon up any enthusiasm to go to this game. Or indeed any game, home or away, before we have another chance to begin properly strengthening the squad in the summer.

Having said that, we all know how predictable in their unpredictability Rovers can be, so I wouldn’t put it past us to pinch a 1-0 win. But I’m not holding my breath!

• Like 1

Pears

JRC - Carter - Wharton - Pickering

Travis - Garrett

Thomas - Dack - Hedges

Dolan

Assuming we have no Kaminski, Ayala, Hyam, Brittain or Adam Wharton

Struggling with #9 given Thomas' skill is crossing the ball. Could give Leonard a go given he's sticking it in the net at youth level.

No Brereton, Gallagher or Vale as all are way out of form or just not good enough. Perhaps even go to 433 with 3 in the middle to help us, but not sure where Dack fits in there and he's the only one capable of sticking it in the net recently. 

Either way, there are a lot of decision to made, every team posted in here has been different, shows how poor we have been and lack of consistency (of the good variety). For what it's worth, I expect JDT to play Morton, Brereton and either Vale/Gallagher

Edited by superniko

2 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Hope the team - whichever one JDT picks - don't put your young 'un off watching Rovers away for ever, @robbo_rovers! And don't worry about the Z Cars theme before the game begins; we won't be playing a Dyche team!

Honestly, even if I hadn't seen us at Vicarage Road once before, I think I'd be struggling to summon up any enthusiasm to go to this game. Or indeed any game, home or away, before we have another chance to begin properly strengthening the squad in the summer.

Having said that, we all know how predictable in their unpredictability Rovers can be, so I wouldn’t put it past us to pinch a 1-0 win. But I’m not holding my breath!

Thanks! Sorted it a while back as he’d been going on about attending an away game. He’s dead excited but deep down I am a bit nervous he might see us get hammered! 

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Some podcast preview nonsense from me ahead of Saturday’s game with the lovely chaps from Do Not Scratch Your Eyes podcast…

We talked Barry Endean, Sir Roger Jones, Ken Furphy, The Beatles…& occasionally football…but a lot got edited  out 😆

But they left it in the video…tune in from roughly 30 minutes for some cracking vintage highlights & top quality nostalgia…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

But they left it in the video…tune in from roughly 30 minutes for some cracking vintage highlights & top quality nostalgia…

Excellent. You addressed the "State of the Rovers" and "entitlement" jibe spot on.

I did like the Watford guys contributions and that they gave us the platform.

• Like 1

We can't even score against Wigan. And no one in the team except Dack can score. I've given up on Ben, not our player in a few months time. Just hoping he has some pride and dignity in him to do his best for the club that has helped him past few years. If we are still going play tippy-tappy football at the back, i expect us to concede a few, probably from a Wharton mis-pass.

I dont know, im just not hopeful.

23 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Last time I was at Watford we won 2-1.  I think Tony Field and Barry Endean scored. Here’s hoping for a repeat. 

Last time I was at Watford we won 1-0. Marcus Bent. I had £1 at 66-1 on this and I was a student, so great times. Mind you got some odd looks cheering throw ins in the latter stages of the match!

Id take 1-0 again, suspect we are on for a thumping.

Need to change something in that midfield and forward line. Its just not working, though our options are limited. Defence is still reasonably solid, despite the injuries. I am assuming Hyam and Ayala are out. 

Kaminski

Brittain Carter Wharton Pickering

JRC  Travic  Dack

Thomas   BBD   Dolan

For a long time this was my nearest league ground, and had many visits there over the years to see Rovers ( rarely with any success).....

Luckily, I have recently moved further away so won't feel guilty about not attending this time...

Hope for a scraped draw, but expect a Watford easy victory.