BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Will give you Brown. Did say "one of".

Vale is only young, Campbell was better imo, don't agree about Brereton and I wouldn't class Butterworth as an out and out striker.

Vale is 22, he's not that young. In his time in our first team he has demonstrably offered less than Gallagher. It's a fair comparison. Campbell was better, with his 0 goals in 17 games for us? How can you not agree about Brereton's first two seasons when he was utterly useless and scored 1 goal a season? Obviously since then he has stepped it up a lot. You might not class Butterworth as an out and out striker, but that isn't where Gallagher normally plays either. And your initial point was 'players' not strikers, so I don't think it's relevant unless you want to downgrade your assertion to that of roverandout's.

I didn't even have to think for long to come up with worse strikers in the Venkys era. If we stretch it to our entire nearly 150 year history and include players in other positions (Lowe, Murphy, Etuhu, Williamson, ewww) then 'one of the worst' is still an exaggeration unless you consider a large list to fit that definition.

Just for the sake of anyone popping into this late, I'm not saying Gallagher is a good player. He does have his uses though at times. Highly frustrating player who we need to upgrade on as a starter if we are ever going up.

• Like 3

Not gonna be a popular opinion, but we’re set up correctly against this side and especially their stubborn, self-aggrandising manager. Now, the players we have at our disposal and possibly even the selection, are suspect. It was not working as expected in the early minutes, hence the touch line bollocking from JDT, but he’s specifically set us up to play Swansea. Yes we’re at home, but there’s no point opening yourself up from the off to be played through. The press is causing the odd mistake to creep in on their end, which is what you do want. I think this will be a bit of a tedious watch, but as they get more desperate with their attempts and we continue to frustrate, we will get chances over the 90.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not taken long for JDT to play Sorba as wingback and nullify his attacking threat.  Most predictable thing ever.   Dolan decent. Rest shite so far.  

I don't know what it is about this club in the last two seasons that we've gone 'ooh we can get one of the league's best assist makers on loan...let's bring them in and shunt them into a different position'. Hopefully this one is just because JRC and Brittain are both fresh from injuries. Hopefully a stop-gap until one of them is deemed ready to start again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Not gonna be a popular opinion, but we’re set up correctly against this side and especially their stubborn, self-aggrandising manager. Now, the players we have at our disposal and possibly even the selection, are suspect. It was not working as expected in the early minutes, hence the touch line bollocking from JDT, but he’s specifically set us up to play Swansea. Yes we’re at home, but there’s no point opening yourself up from the off to be played through. The press is causing the odd mistake to creep in on their end, which is what you do want. I think this will be a bit of a tedious watch, but as they get more desperate with their attempts and we continue to frustrate, we will get chances over the 90.

In fairness, it's how we turned them over at their place. We'll see at the end of the game whether it's the right approach, whether it's boring or not. Is it still the same tosser manager they had early in the season? Thought they'd ditched him.

6 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Meanwhile, Dyche’s toffees look up to a 0-0 result today, keeping them in the drop zone

What? Not really sure the reference here but if it’s some weird comparison then they’ve had 7 shots and 2 on target vs 2 and 0 for ourselves. And people think Dyche is anti-football!

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

In fairness, it's how we turned them over at their place. We'll see at the end of the game whether it's the right approach, whether it's boring or not. Is it still the same tosser manager they had early in the season? Thought they'd ditched him.

Exactly the point. You should treat home and away different to an extent but if a team is going to play a very specific and defined way, home and away, you play against that. I don’t see - with our squad - how we would play any different against these.

Yeah, Russell Martin. The footballing equivalent of a trainee painter and decorator citing Michelangelo and Da Vinci as an influence.

• Like 1