BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

How are we going to score goals and who's going to score them?

Until Brereton's last-gasp goal at West Brom we rarely looked like scoring and hardly built an attack worthy of the name over the 90 minutes

Hopefully Brereton will gain some confidence from having hit the back of the net after a barren run but his form has been so wretched he's lucky to be in the side anyway - and no one else offers a goal threat

Rovers 0 Swansea 0 wouldn't be a surprise

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A banker home win for me following two creditable draws on the road.

Couldn't think of better opponents for Rovers to face - to me, Swansea are an accident waiting to happen defensively (even more so than Rovers).  Think Martin is vastly overrated and confuses himself as well as his team - another who likes 'to build', "we are 18 months in now - I hope we get a lot longer to keep building it".

3-0 to Rovers - Dack and Brereton twice.

Beautifully set up so you can absolutely destroy them if they don't win convincingly.😉

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Beautifully set up so you can absolutely destroy them if they don't win convincingly.😉

Give over!

It's what I feel - put my money where my mouth is and lumped on Rovers at 19/10.

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Cherish it while it lasts. There are only two of those left after the Swansea game! The next one is nearly two months away.

Then they wonder why gates go down. People find other more interesting and less expensive things to do with their Saturday afternoons. Once they’ve got out of the habit you have a real task getting them back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, superniko said:

Just shows how we’re truly rated that we’re underdogs at home to Swansea. 

In true Rovers fashion I’ll say a win here then defeat to Blackpool! 
Nice to have a home 3pm again anyway.

9B5A5FFF-812F-40B8-BE50-FED75FDA13CA.jpeg

We simply don't score enough to be the favourites in any game for the rest of the season. Wigan didn't lay a glove on us, but came away with a point.

• Like 1

Long email from Rovers today in my inbox.

Several things seem to jump out –heading trouble off at the pass?

1. Anti-racism – a good thing of course

We would like to remind supporters of our shared commitment to tackling discrimination and abuse. Where we recognise discriminatory behaviour, it is important that we take the correct steps to notify the necessary authorities. To confidentially report discrimination or abuse, please contact the club on 07340 294474.

2.       Preventing pitch invasion?

In addition, encroachment onto the pitch, regardless of age, is a criminal offence, as well as a breach of ground regulations, and will not be tolerated. Individuals identified will be issued with stadium bans and police action may also be taken. These bans could also be extended to accompanying parents or guardians of children who take part in these unlawful activities.

3.     . Bigging up the shop

We're celebrating togetherness this weekend with this match being dedicated to the #OneRovers initiative. Check out our new range of products in the Roverstore, get a basic health check at the NHS Harri Bus and look out for some special mentions in and around the stadium tomorrow afternoon. The Roverstore, also open from 9am, will be offering 20% off our College Collection. Refresh your wardrobe with our latest hoodies, jumpers and t-shirts or shop online by clicking here.

4.  Generally keeping up the idea that lots is happening

For our younger supporters, Strikers' Lounge will be open from 1.15pm with plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Enjoy refreshments, arts and crafts and gaming or relax in our sensory room. We'll also be joined by Rover the Dog in the Family Stand where you can take on our inflatable football challenge, have your face painted or pick up some fruit courtesy of McDonald's. 

If you're looking for some entertainment before our 3pm kick-off, why not enjoy listening to our very own Jacob Reddy? He'll be performing some indie classics as well as his Rovers-inspired charity single Ewood Lights in the Fanzone from 1.30pm!

For supporters who arrive on the concourse before 2.30pm, we're offering all draught pints for just £3.50! Please note, this offer does not apply to Blues Bar or in our hospitality lounges.

Edited by aletheia

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

One day it would be nice just to go to a game and have nothing shoved in your face except a decent atmosphere and good attacking game of football.

game has changed and not for the good,most managers now are terrified of playing attacking football,jdt`s ethos is the worst i`ve ever seen,it`s neither attacking or defensive,just basically nothing football

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

game has changed and not for the good,most managers now are terrified of playing attacking football,jdt`s ethos is the worst i`ve ever seen,it`s neither attacking or defensive,just basically nothing football

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. There are attempts at getting forward but there's no one to hold the ball up so it keeps going to the opposition. Dolan gives it a lot of effort but due to his size has no chance with long balls. The likes of Gallagher and Vale aren't very good and since 2019 the previous manager seemed to develop a fetish for low scoring midfielders. Until Dack started playing regularly we had to rely on Brereton being on form.

And it didn't just start when JDT arrived, it began January 2022 and left to rot by Waggott and co when something could have been done about it over three transfer windows (or four if you count the Summer before when we hadn't replaced Armstrong).

Can anyone confirm Malmo's style during Tomasson's time there?

2001887457_Screenshot2023-02-17at22_02_25.thumb.png.c2d322fe5c489c2c595c4e1cb53aee5a.png

Edited by booth

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Yeah that doesn't help although i was thinking about the whole thing.

No kneeling no politics no pandering or virtue signalling and no socio/economic or being told what to think/say/do....just frigging football and a football atmosphere.

It seems we have to go these days to either be lectured too or pay tribute to something on another continent all with nothing to do with the game itself. As you say though if you're looking forward to the actual match it's palpable but it's like football even at championship level when it's not even live tv is a walking billboard for everything else.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1