BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I could name a full team of players worse than him just in the Venkys era. He isn't really good enough for our ambitions, but his crapness is hugely exaggerated.

I’m no good at this, but somebody out there could make a compilation of Gally’s 38 goals at Rovers, with some really frantic music,like “yakety sax” blowing in the background

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I could name a full team of players worse than him just in the Venkys era. He isn't really good enough for our ambitions, but his crapness is hugely exaggerated.

Please name a team of worse rovers strikers in venkys era. In fact I would go as far to say he's the WORST number 9 we've ever had. It's a disgrace he has that shirt

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It really isn't.

When statements like 'one of the worst players to ever pull on a Rovers shirt' come up, it really, really is. There are worse players in this current squad. Morton for one. Vale for another. I know people are fond of a bit of hyperbole, but sensible people normally accept that's what they were doing when called on it instead of doubling down.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Please name a team of worse rovers strikers in venkys era. In fact I would go as far to say he's the WORST number 9 we've ever had. It's a disgrace he has that shirt

I didn't say a team of worse Rovers strikers, I said a worse team.

Worse strikers though off my head include Vale, Brown, DJ Campbell, Brereton's first two seasons, and Butterworth.

9 minutes ago, superniko said:

How is being disappointed at being subbed the wrong attitude? It’s the kind of attitude I’d want, someone desperate to be out there. 
Not Dacks fault the away end booed 

Every player is disappointed to be subbed, but 99% of them are mature and professional enough not to publicly disrespect the manager and the player coming on.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Worse strikers though off my head include Vale, Brown, DJ Campbell, Brereton's first two seasons, and Butterworth.

Yes but he plays as a striker. We're comparing apples and apples not apples and oranges.  As an out and out number 9 over a length of time. He's by the far the worst

Just now, bluebruce said:

Will give you Brown. Did say "one of".

Vale is only young, Campbell was better imo, don't agree about Brereton and I wouldn't class Butterworth as an out and out striker.

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Yes but he plays as a striker. We're comparing apples and apples not apples and oranges.  As an out and out number 9 over a length of time. He's by the far the worst

You're shifting the goalposts, repeatedly. The initial point I was responding to was about worst 'players'. Then you moved it to strikers, and now it's out and out number 9s over a length of time. By the time we are done it will be 6 ft 3 number 9s who have been here at least 4 seasons and can't jump effectively for headers who are called Sam. We have barely had any 'out and out number 9s' in recent years, and Gallagher himself hasn't been played as one for the vast majority of his time here. I believe someone said he has 38 goals for us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

You're shifting the goalposts, repeatedly. The initial point I was responding to was about worst 'players'. Then you moved it to strikers, and now it's out and out number 9s over a length of time. By the time we are done it will be 6 ft 3 number 9s who have been here at least 4 seasons and can't jump effectively for headers who are called Sam. We have barely had any 'out and out number 9s' in recent years, and Gallagher himself hasn't been played as one for the vast majority of his time here. I believe someone said he has 38 goals for us.

34 including his loan spell goals I think.