BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Most of the 3000 walk-ons, are the ones who would be persuaded to be season ticket holders, if the season tickets were reasonably priced. So I don't think there would be a great increase in gates, just in the number of season ticket holders.

There were a lot of teenagers in the Jack Walker on Saturday - I assumed it was some kind of half-term offer?

3 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I don’t disagree but equally, I’m not confident that we’d regularly get higher attendances regardless of price. We’ve been in the play off spots for a decent portion of the last two seasons and attendance figures have largely been static - even with cheaper midweek tickets. The club certainly need to be more imaginative but barring one off games, Im not sure we’ll see decent attendances until/if we make the PL.

A game like Blackpool is the perfect opportunity for a re-engagement fixture.

Localish but not a rival, no real potential for mass aggro but potential to get an 18/20k crowd on priced cheap.

Better trying something with these type of fixtures instead of leaving it until late in the season then doing daft bundles that put 2/300 in the gate. Many of who might have turned up anyway.

It takes real effort but we never make any because in truth they cannot be bothered. Much easier to just let the usual 11.5k home fans turn up on a Tues night and a couple of thousand visitors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gav said:

Thomas hasn't been poor dally, in fact he been one of the better performers, man of the match for me on his debut. But the lad needs games, he's not match fit and lets face it, he's the least of our worries!

Well said, I doubt if some of the critics have ever kicked a ball.He's been getting some decent crosses in the box, its our forwards at fault not being in the right place at the right time.

• Like 2

Hes built from the back and his focus is the whole team defending so it's made is stronger in that regard than we've been in a long time.

Mowbray built from the front then basically just recruited bodies and swapped them around.  Never had the defensive cohesion we've seen under JDT aside from a short spell last season.

TMs teams were generally better in attack though but i remain hopeful as time goes on JDT can find a better formula to link up back to front with some pace and fluidity. The signing of Thomas shows he's not oblivious to the issues but he really needs to get the team on the front foot more often earlier in games.

Edited by tomphil

On 18/02/2023 at 18:46, booth said:

The f*** is Gallagher doing when Dolan puts that ball across.

Most animated I've seen a Rovers manager since Hughes was in the second half when someone (can't remember who) broke down the right hand side and Gallagher stood on the 18 yard line doing fuck all.

JDT, in no uncertain terms, told him to get himself in the box... he was subbed 2 mins later.

21 hours ago, rigger said:

Markanday was nowhere near good enough to be a first team player, Thomas is. Markanday may be one for the future.

Strong agree, sadly.

I was very excited when we signed Markanday - Spurs fans suggesting he should have got a run in their first team off the back of very impressive performances for their reserves/u23s. A year or so in I am getting a bit concerned that he might be a prem Joe Nuttall - remember when he went on a run of something like 15 goals in 14 for the u23s? His career trajectory since then has been League 1 -> League 2 ->National league.

I hope I'm wrong, but he's not even getting into the first 11 at Aberdeen at the moment - he's had about ten minutes in the last three games.

30 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Most animated I've seen a Rovers manager since Hughes was in the second half when someone (can't remember who) broke down the right hand side and Gallagher stood on the 18 yard line doing fuck all.

JDT, in no uncertain terms, told him to get himself in the box... he was subbed 2 mins later.

Imagine a striker having to be told to get himself in to the box ! Crazy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Not popular at Ewood though, is he? Most around me were very annoyed/angry/scathing of him on Saturday… the very same folk that just collectively shrugged their shoulders for five years with the last guy, go figure!

I wouldn't go as far to say as not popular, but he's not getting the same leeway Mowbray got.

It's a strange thing to witness when he's clearly a much better manager.

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

"JDT should improve his players".

Jesus Christ wasn't capable of improving Sam Gallagher.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not popular at Ewood though, is he? Most around me were very annoyed/angry/scathing of him on Saturday… the very same folk that just collectively shrugged their shoulders for five years with the last guy, go figure!

A lot are blaming him for Mowbray's five years as well... They've been waiting five years, they don't want another bloody journey! Apparently.