BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

As bad a first half as you are likely to see and the second half wasn't particularly good but just much better than the first half.

The formation and tactics far too cautious and negative against a poor and predictable side, but the most important thing is the win and good to see some spirit with a rare late goal. There was a response in the second half but the game seemed to be fizzling out prior to Ayala's winner.

The injuries to Brereton and Dack could be catastrophic, the forward line looks bare without them. I really do worry if one/both are out for a decent period of time.

Lots of people on social media in particular seem keen from their keyboards to want to criticise the fan base. Can only presume there is a big correlation between those and people who watched from home as I felt that the boos were understandable but the fans were dying to see something to get behind and even at a glimpse of something to cheer, everyone got behind the team to see them over the line.

• Like 1

Nothing better than to win a game late on, it had 0-0 written all over it.

Having battled through storm Otto tonight myself, I have sympathy for the long track back to South Wales for those Swansea fans, safe journey to you all.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is this on par with Mowbray "sulking" and then the players coming back against Derby last year "in spite" of him?

jdt did`nt come out,sit with his back to the  team and gurn liked he`d been forced to eat a lemon,i thought jdt was quite animated (for him) in the 2nd half he jumped up a couple times to grab the ball for a throw in,got a telling off by that pedantic ref

• Like 3

Swansea fans must be fuming how they failed to take advantage in first 45 minutes against a Rovers team who didn't want to play football in the Swansea half. Travis was trying (I'll give him that) but the lad can't do it. If he did do the half-time team talk then there is a future for him in football on todays evidence.

Buckley was lazy and occasionally luck paid off for him. Thomas got frustrated early on when a foul was wrongly given against him imo resulting in him mouthing off to the ref & a yellow card. Diaz didn't do much & i was disappointed to see him disappear down the tunnel when subbed. Pears did what he needed to but Swansea hardly tested him.

JDT mentioned home fans being good. He was right. JW, BE & Riverside all contributed to get behind Rovers. Well done Ewood Park! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Swansea fans must be fuming how they failed to take advantage in first 45 minutes against a Rovers team who didn't want to play football in the Swansea half. Travis was trying (I'll give him that) but the lad can't do it. If he did do the half-time team talk then there is a future for him in football on todays evidence.

Buckley was lazy and occasionally luck paid off for him. Thomas got frustrated early on when a foul was wrongly given against him imo resulting in him mouthing off to the ref & a yellow card. Diaz didn't do much & i was disappointed to see him disappear down the tunnel when subbed. Pears did what he needed to but Swansea hardly tested him.

JDT mentioned home fans being good. He was right. JW, BE & Riverside all contributed to get behind Rovers. Well done Ewood Park! 

Thomas actually got booked because Joe Allen was appointed as the referee for 30 seconds.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt did`nt come out,sit with his back to the  team and gurn liked he`d been forced to eat a lemon,i thought jdt was quite animated (for him) in the 2nd half he jumped up a couple times to grab the ball for a throw in,got a telling off by that pedantic ref

If a manager sees his team perform so badly in the first half amidst a rotten run of form as is true in both cases, if the team then improves and wins, he deserves credit regardless of any in depth analysis of how he acts on the touchline, and even if it doesn't eliminate doubts about how we will go from here on in.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As bad a first half as you are likely to see and the second half wasn't particularly good but just much better than the first half.

The formation and tactics far too cautious and negative against a poor and predictable side, but the most important thing is the win and good to see some spirit with a rare late goal. There was a response in the second half but the game seemed to be fizzling out prior to Ayala's winner.

The injuries to Brereton and Dack could be catastrophic, the forward line looks bare without them. I really do worry if one/both are out for a decent period of time.

Lots of people on social media in particular seem keen from their keyboards to want to criticise the fan base. Can only presume there is a big correlation between those and people who watched from home as I felt that the boos were understandable but the fans were dying to see something to get behind and even at a glimpse of something to cheer, everyone got behind the team to see them over the line.

The team deserved the boos first half, but the Blackburn end woke up in the second half and cheered them to 3 precious points.

56 minutes ago, J*B said:

Rumour in the JW lounge after the game was JDT went ballistic at half time and got Lewis Travis to do the half time team talk. 

To further back this up, Sorba Thomas commented something along the lines of Skipper team talk 🔥 under travis’ social media post tonight.

52 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Really don't know what to make of Buckley and Travis.... Both poor today. 

Buckley to casual, Travis no lack of effort but no footballing brain. 

A win is a win I suppose but that first half was the worst I've seen in decades. Just total crap. 

Would agree at half time, however second half I thought they were both great. Definitely better than Morton, excited for A Wharton to return, and wouldn’t be against JRC coming in having a go in CM when fit.

• Like 3

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

We are 7th. Level on points with 5th. 1 point off 4th. And I don't think this squad is much better than that. I think with what he's got to work with JDT is doing a good job. He's been shafted in January as this side really lacks quality up top. We may be an incredibly boring watch at times but we are at least solid.

Remember last season, we imploded and plummeted down the table. 2 useful points at Watford and West Brom and a valuable win against Swansea who I thought defended well and were hard to break down. Let's hope it continues against Blackpool Tuesday night. Thomas once again put in some decent crosses into the box, he's turning into a decent loan player.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

We are 7th. Level on points with 5th. 1 point off 4th. And I don't think this squad is much better than that. I think with what he's got to work with JDT is doing a good job. He's been shafted in January as this side really lacks quality up top. We may be an incredibly boring watch at times but we are at least solid.

We are a terrible watch, but I agree that JDT is doing well with the resources he has at his disposal.

I just don’t see any way we will qualify for the Play Offs with such a weak forward line and mediocre midfield, (assuming we don’t get O’Brien).

After a fiasco of a transfer window, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him leave at the end of the season.

He will surely seek assurances, and may not get them.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, tomphil said:

No kneeling no politics no pandering or virtue signalling and no socio/economic or being told what to think/say/do....just frigging football and a football atmosphere.

It seems we have to go these days to either be lectured too or pay tribute to something on another continent all with nothing to do with the game itself. As you say though if you're looking forward to the actual match it's palpable but it's like football even at championship level when it's not even live tv is a walking billboard for everything else.

I hear this opinion from time to time, but it never seems to include criticism of the commemoration of Armistice Day, or Help for Heroes pitch appearances, or fundraising for local sick children.

Unfortunately, we can't cancel some viewpoints, and promote others. That's how Russia and many other regimes are increasingly in the mess they are in. 

It seems to be allowed on here but, for me, it is just as political as criticising individual political parties, which I assume would not be welcomed on this type of forum. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I hear this opinion from time to time, but it never seems to include criticism of the commemoration of Armistice Day, or Help for Heroes pitch appearances, or fundraising for local sick children.

Unfortunately, we can't cancel some viewpoints, and promote others. That's how Russia and many other regimes are increasingly in the mess they are in. 

It seems to be allowed on here but, for me, it is just as political as criticising individual political parties, which I assume would not be welcomed on this type of forum. 

Please don't be comparing Armistice day to kneeling for some career criminal political proven corrupt movement.

You know the point i'm making in general lets get football back to being about football, local community stuff goes hand in hand with that but on the wider spectrum lets leave that crap out.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not at all.

Officially since '09, but I was around much before that.

Just haven't stopped calling out what I see as daft comments, nor will I.

Call it out? Go for it, I’m with you 100%

But to be amazed by it? This is what all forums are like, far more reactionary than real life, so nowt I read on here amazes me…

Edited by Mattyblue

7 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

a wins a win but boy was it boring, is it just me who thinks that the refs seem  to be getting worse by the week

I personally thought that the ref had a good game. Let lots of play flow first half when he could have blown his whistle for a supposed foul. 

• Like 3