BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

Hopefully we can build on two good results away from home and make it a good week with 3 points.

Need to play on the front foot and press them off the ball.

And hopefully all week we've been working on arriving in the box, to get on the end of Thomas' crosses from the right.

Start positive, early goal and take the pressure off.

I'll go 2-0 with another BBD goal.

So it's the battle of the play it out from the back teams who often fuck it up, who knows what's in store.....

8 goals conceded in the last 3 for Swansea, at least we can say our defence is pretty decent of late, so we definitely have the edge there.

Hoping the JRC injury isn't too bad, I suspect he sits this out as a precaution anyway though so it's a timely return for Brittain. 

Pears

Carter        Hyam       Wharton

Brittain                                               Thomas

Travis        Buckley

Dack

Brereton        Gallagher

Attacking line up for me given their shaky defence, its shit or bust time really now. Bang a few goals in and entertain the fans.....

We know the script - heavy lifting done, check. Goal drought ended, check. Visitors struggling to score, check. Visitors leaking goals, check. Home advantage, check.

Angry scenes on the MB at 4.50 tomorrow. You'll need to check.

Rovers do seem somewhat more comfortable passing around at the back, the same tippy tappy suicide tactics that cost us dearly several times earlier in the season (notably at the dirge at the turd). Perhaps the training drills are beginning to instil something consistent into the team.

But then again, there is little to choose between the majority of teams in this division. Whilst I'd love it if we could have one of those 'everything goes in' days that Rotherham were rubbing their eyes about the other week, I think we are still struggling to create enough up front, so it might be another day of nip and tuck. 

Going for a 2-2 score draw. Dack and Diaz combining for the first, and Dolan chipping in with one of his intermittent but very welcomed strikes on goal.

COYB!

The reverse fixture was when Tomasson got his tactics spot on, more so than any other time this season. We adopted a press although it wasn't too high. We let them have the ball pretty much in their final third and then smothered them and scored twice through this. Tomasson played a diamond at the top end and rotated the players to share the workload. For me it's quite simple and as their manager only knows one way to play we exploit that. Having seen them several times the fulcrum of their game is Matty Grimes and he usually has more touches than any of their players.

I'll be extremely disappointed if we haven't got another six points come ten o'clock on Tuesday night particularly after two really good draws on the road.

12 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I am going 5-0 Rovers play to their potential at last.

I have never been as certain as I am now that that will not happen!.When did we last score 5? I think I remember one in Gesture's time.

Gestede of course---predictive text!

Edited by 47er

1 minute ago, 47er said:

I have never been as certain as I am now that that will not happen!.When did we last score 5? I think I remember one in Gesture's time.

We scored five at home to Cardiff last season and miraculously five at Sheffield Wednesday quite recently.

• Like 1

Swansea, like most well coached possession heavy team, (Man City, Arsenal etc) play a 3-2-5 formation. 

So I would match them up in a 5-2-3, coincidently, I think we have had some of our best attacking performances in a 5 back this season (Rotherham, Sunderland and Watford at home)

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Wharton Pickering

JRC (if fit) Travis

Gallagher Dack Brereton 

0292A5B3-EB16-4253-A517-8ECC523AA644.png

A banker home win for me following two creditable draws on the road.

Couldn't think of better opponents for Rovers to face - to me, Swansea are an accident waiting to happen defensively (even more so than Rovers).  Think Martin is vastly overrated and confuses himself as well as his team - another who likes 'to build', "we are 18 months in now - I hope we get a lot longer to keep building it".

3-0 to Rovers - Dack and Brereton twice.