BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, you can't go through a Championship season with 18 and 19 year olds as the mainstay of your central midfield in my opinion.   Anyone would know that .

agreed,he surely knows and this is why i think he`ll be off soon,no point flogging a dead horse,unless a miracle occurs and boiled egg greg together with swag get him a proper budget for better players,we need 4/5 to even think about promotion,is it going to happen,highly doubtful,should probably start a new thread about a new manager

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aletheia said:

Long email from Rovers today in my inbox.

Several things seem to jump out

.... .... .... ....

For supporters who arrive on the concourse before 2.30pm, we're offering all draught pints for just £3.50! Please note, this offer does not apply to Blues Bar or in our hospitality lounges.

Showing my age here; but "just £3.50"?!!

For me, this has got "0-0 bore draw" written all over it. Saturday 3.00 kick-off it may be; but I'm struggling to convince myself I should make the effort. 🤔

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, you can't go through a Championship season with 18 and 19 year olds as the mainstay of your central midfield in my opinion.   Anyone would know that .

I'd place the blame for that at the door of Waggott, Pasha, GB and co.

2 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Showing my age here; but "just £3.50"?!!

For me, this has got "0-0 bore draw" written all over it. Saturday 3.00 kick-off it may be; but I'm struggling to convince myself I should make the effort. 🤔

Do a Mercer and get £5 on the correct score and you should get around 10 pints with you winning at those bargain prices. At least you won’t be bored with the 0-0 you will probably sleep through it. 

• Like 2

Pears.  
Brittan  Carter  Hyam  Pickering

Travis.  Buckley

Thomas.     Dack.   Brereton-Diaz

Dolan

Hilton, JRC, Ayala, Morton, Szmodics, Hedges, Gallagher

*ive only put JRC on the bench because he’s touch and go. Think he’ll give a rest and a bit more time to heal.

Rovers 2 - 0 Swansea - Goals from BBD and Dolan

• Like 3

Unpopular Opinion - I don’t rate Travis at all, and certainly don’t want to see him as captain. Hopefully Hyam comes back & takes back the armband. Otherwise I’d give it Dack…For me personally Trav played well in the second half against Wigan, where he played RB. Played okay against Watford but thought he went back to his usual sloppy self v West Brom. 

In summer I’d like a whole brand of CMs with trav & Morton away (trav for a decent fee) Keep A Wharton along with a new CDM x2 with Buckley as backup.

Back to the game, I think we will win 3-1…Diaz to score.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Blackburn Rovers 2 Swansea 1

Thankfully I gave the Wigan game a miss in protest over the shambles that was our January transfer window, but back for this one and hoping to hear one or two "You're not fit to run the club" chants, but I won't hold my breath. 

25 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Unpopular Opinion - I don’t rate Travis at all, and certainly don’t want to see him as captain. Hopefully Hyam comes back & takes back the armband. Otherwise I’d give it Dack…For me personally Trav played well in the second half against Wigan, where he played RB. Played okay against Watford but thought he went back to his usual sloppy self v West Brom. 

In summer I’d like a whole brand of CMs with trav & Morton away (trav for a decent fee) Keep A Wharton along with a new CDM x2 with Buckley as backup.

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion at all, certainly most people I know don't really rate Travis. Unfortunately we're not blessed with many midfielders who can tackle, he can, but he's often quite childish about it and picks up many bookings he could have avoided, he's not a young kid anymore. Dack or Hyam are much more suited to the captaincy.

To play the way JDT want to, we need 2 midfielders who can both tackle and pass. Morton sometimes picks out good passes but can't tackle to save his life and is more likely to be an asset in the prem than the championship. 

I keep banging on about giving JRC a shot in midfield now Brittains back but he's touch and go fitness wise for today.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion at all, certainly most people I know don't really rate Travis. Unfortunately we're not blessed with many midfielders who can tackle, he can, but he's often quite childish about it and picks up many bookings he could have avoided, he's not a young kid anymore. Dack or Hyam are much more suited to the captaincy.

To play the way JDT want to, we need 2 midfielders who can both tackle and pass. Morton sometimes picks out good passes but can't tackle to save his life and is more likely to be an asset in the prem than the championship. 

I keep banging on about giving JRC a shot in midfield now Brittains back but he's touch and go fitness wise for today.

Childish is actually a very accurate description of him to be honest. He tries to be this bully & hard act which I sometimes think is abit awkward. 
I look back at West Brom’s goal, he dropped to the fall & stayed there looking for the ref to stop play…If he stayed up which I’m sure he could of their goal probably wouldn’t of happened. 
He’s a wanna be Robbie savage which I don’t think works and as you said, brings out too many uanessacry fouls or yellow cards. 
Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a lot better than Morton but next summer, if we are still playing JDT ball and want to progress, we have to have better options. I think we should sell and upgrade.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

You don’t rate Travis at all yet you expect some club to pay a decent fee for him ? Surely some mistake there.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You don’t rate Travis at all yet you expect some club to pay a decent fee for him ? Surely some mistake there.

That’s my opinion…. & Just because one player isn’t suited to a managers style of play doesn’t mean he won’t be suited somewhere else….We could easily get 7 figures for him - or at least the very top end of 6.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

13 hours ago, aletheia said:

Long email from Rovers today in my inbox.

Several things seem to jump out –heading trouble off at the pass?

1. Anti-racism – a good thing of course

We would like to remind supporters of our shared commitment to tackling discrimination and abuse. Where we recognise discriminatory behaviour, it is important that we take the correct steps to notify the necessary authorities. To confidentially report discrimination or abuse, please contact the club on 07340 294474.

2.       Preventing pitch invasion?

In addition, encroachment onto the pitch, regardless of age, is a criminal offence, as well as a breach of ground regulations, and will not be tolerated. Individuals identified will be issued with stadium bans and police action may also be taken. These bans could also be extended to accompanying parents or guardians of children who take part in these unlawful activities.

3.     . Bigging up the shop

We're celebrating togetherness this weekend with this match being dedicated to the #OneRovers initiative. Check out our new range of products in the Roverstore, get a basic health check at the NHS Harri Bus and look out for some special mentions in and around the stadium tomorrow afternoon. The Roverstore, also open from 9am, will be offering 20% off our College Collection. Refresh your wardrobe with our latest hoodies, jumpers and t-shirts or shop online by clicking here.

4.  Generally keeping up the idea that lots is happening

For our younger supporters, Strikers' Lounge will be open from 1.15pm with plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Enjoy refreshments, arts and crafts and gaming or relax in our sensory room. We'll also be joined by Rover the Dog in the Family Stand where you can take on our inflatable football challenge, have your face painted or pick up some fruit courtesy of McDonald's. 

If you're looking for some entertainment before our 3pm kick-off, why not enjoy listening to our very own Jacob Reddy? He'll be performing some indie classics as well as his Rovers-inspired charity single Ewood Lights in the Fanzone from 1.30pm!

For supporters who arrive on the concourse before 2.30pm, we're offering all draught pints for just £3.50! Please note, this offer does not apply to Blues Bar or in our hospitality lounges.

To get a pint by 2.30pm, you will probably have to start cueing at 1.30pm.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

And Garret ?

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I think next season our central midfield pool will be made up of : Travis, Buckley, Adam Wharton, Garrett and JRC. Just an opinion, and will only be proven right or wrong, next season.  

I don't mind Garret from the bits we've seen he seems to have something about him but of course hes been written off already.

He needs bringing along properly not just throwing in then hooking out and again our midfield if it's being rotated should be based around our players first.

Lad needed a 6 month loan and some decent action whilst he builds up his strength in an ideal world.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't mind Garret from the bits we've seen he seems to have something about him but of course hes been written off already.

He needs bringing along properly not just throwing in then hooking out and again our midfield if it's being rotated should be based around our players first.

Lad needed a 6 month loan and some decent action whilst he builds up his strength in an ideal world.

This is the issue, several teenagers with promise are thrown in, and of course after a few games they get a little overwhelmed, as you would expect jumping from youth football to two games a week in the Championship.

As you say at a normal club, after an initial taste they would be then be loaned out, here we have to watch their struggles in our first team, often to the detriment of results in the short term. 

But, ah well, you know, we are a ‘development club’ after all…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2