BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

47 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I think that's rather presumptuous.

He's had to begin a pretty much total rebuild given the crappy squad left by Mowbray.ย  JDT deserves next season to hopefully show us what he's about with a squad more in his image.

Yes, Mowbray is over-achieving but we all know how that will end - Sunderland out of the play-off places by the end of the season...

Tony lost 2 points at home today too.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Tonyโ€™s team going great guns. Itโ€™s galling to see Mowbray doing well and I wouldnโ€™t want him back but thereโ€™s no doubt weโ€™re a worse outfit this season. Tomasson isnโ€™t an upgradeย 

ย 

But it was soooo easy to find another average manager if that's the case.

Which re-enforces my oft mentioned point over the last 3 years that Mowbray was way overrated by a large slice of or small fanbase.ย 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Pears has conceded just 2 goals in his last 6 games.

His distribution has impressed me too. Keeps his place unless anything drastically changes for me.ย 

Edit: JohnD beat me to it above!

Edited by superniko
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

His distribution has impressed me too. Keeps his place unless anything drastically changes for me.ย 

It's one thing I've noticed - he has a lovely low pinged pass, which both moves us up the field quickly and plays to the smaller players' strengths.

He's been a real bonus recently and has allowed TK to go and get the surgery he's been needing, without being missed.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

But it was soooo easy to find another average manager if that's the case.

Which re-enforces my oft mentioned point over the last 3 years that Mowbray was way overrated by a large slice of or small fanbase.ย 

Imagine if JDT was allowed to spunk ยฃ15m on strikers and spend 200% of the turnover on wages.ย 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

It's one thing I've noticed - he has a lovely low pinged pass, which both moves us up the field quickly and plays to the smaller players' strengths.

He's been a real bonus recently and has allowed TK to go and get the surgery he's been needing, without being missed.

Yup, never thought I'd say this but he's been excellent recently and his distribution is better than Kaminski.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, superniko said:

It's an interesting position to be in. Pears will have a year left on his contract come the end of the season. He's showing that there's not much to separate him and Kaminski. Will he be keen to sign a new contract if he's not first choice. If not he is worth a bit of money now.ย 

Could he actually become our number 1 and we sell Kaminski? It's great to have two very good goalkeepers but it's a luxury considering how much investment the rest of the squad needs.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted we won that game today.ย 

First half display by us wasn't good enough. Sat too deep, no pressing the ball high(when we did we won the ball back)enough, poor touches and couldn't get forward with quality apart from Dolan shot. Swansea created one great opportunity to score but hit the bar and Pears got the rebound header. Apart from that they created very well for their possession

Second half, we shown a very different performance, pressing high and closing down quickly and more tempo and movement with the passing. Diaz and Dack both went off injured plus Gallagher gone off I didn't think we would score but delighted when Ayala came in with the diving header and put in the back of the net.ย 

I am delighted with the 3 points and the clean sheet. I thought we better second attacking wise but lack that quality finisher, but we got the win and the 3 points.ย 

7th and level points with Sunderland and Millwall who are 5th and 6th.ย 

Well done Rovers and JDT's Blue and White Armyย ๐Ÿ”ตโšช!ย 

Too right Chaddy. Great day. 3 points at Blackpool and getting into the FA cup quarters to look forward to this month still too!

• Like 3

Great to get the three points but my god that was another tough watch. As bad as the Wigan game for me but we just managed to snatch a goal this time.

Swansea looked like a better version of how JDT wants us to play and deserved at least a point.

ย 
Carter and Dolan both decent today, the rest anonymous. If we can beat Blackpool on Tuesday been a great return in the last few games.

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yeah completely agree, can remember 2 examples of it today. Really pleasantly surprised and although itโ€™s only been a few games I guess a lesson for us around judging small sample of appearances.

(though I do think he had that Boro / Mowbray / Friends son link thing going on which always felt dodgy)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Great to get the three points but my god that was another tough watch. As bad as the Wigan game for me but we just managed to snatch a goal this time.

Swansea looked like a better version of how JDT wants us to play and deserved at least a point.

ย 
Carter and Dolan both decent today, the rest anonymous. If we can beat Blackpool on Tuesday been a great return in the last few games.

That's not how JDT wants us to play - he doesn't want to play 3 CBs for a start. He was pragmatic today and went back to a formation / tactic that allowed us to beat Swansea 3-0 earlier in the season.ย 

I thought we shaded the game, but couldn't really have been disappointed with a draw - there just aren't many goals in this team.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Rumour in the JW lounge after the game was JDT went ballistic at half time and got Lewis Travis to do the half time team talk.ย 

If true (big if). Fair fucks to Lewis Travis for getting a reaction like that, and good management from JDT

• Like 3

First half today was beyond bad. Solid bordering on overcautious at the back, absolutely clueless in midfield, created nothing. The players looked confused with what they were supposed to be doing. Two teams stubbornly sticking to their managers half baked philosophies, and the one who binned it off in the second half got the win.

So much better seeing us commit players forward and get balls into the box. Obviously it needs a lot more work, but it paid dividends in the end. Brilliant to nick a late winner like that. Carter, Ayala and Dolan the standouts for me. Thought Thomas came in to his own late on and Pickering did well on the left.

The mounting injury list is a concern. Gutted for Dack and hope itโ€™s not a bad one. Depressingly predictable how itโ€™s being used to dig at fans who wanted him to start by those who see managers as infallible.

• Like 3

Well credit where credit is due. It is incredibly frustrating watching JDT team at times. The one thing i did think to myself is i would much rather have him with us than twist with someone else. The difference between JDT and Mowbray is from a squad perspective i really feel like the whole club is being utilised and that will add value to the squad. Just when you look at Carter we can now get a decent fee for him, Pears the last few matches should hopefully allow us to get a decent as well, we can now afford to lose Ayala in the summer with Hyam, Carter, Wharton, Philips. JRC has risen back up from the dead to add value, Jack Vale even if it is 100 or 300k it is still a fee that we are getting for players who are playing which prior to that we have seen Mowbray stick to the player who knew and like without always looking to add value. We have to remember this squad is playing without a striker and we are still in it by some miracle no idea how else.ย 

• Like 8