BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

5 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Regarding yesrterdays email drop,

I did catch up with Waggott who stated.

"Its very poor and I have raised it with the head of marketing Fraser Read, it negates all the hard work behind the scenes"

That cunt wouldn't know hard work if someone worked themselves to death booting him up the arse.

• Like 1

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,069 (-11)

It looks like a couple of blocks may have had some non-renewers removed, although there's no way of telling.

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

10 hours ago, 47er said:

If only the players would agree to play for free for a season!! 😂

Looking at the accounts from 21/22 - our total matchday income was only £3.353m for the season. That covered 13.77% of the wage bill.

Our matchday income represented just over 20% of our total turnover of £16.65m.

Compare that to someone like Brentford who you would think we would generate a similar level of matchday income should we get promoted....

Brentford's matchday income represented 7.39% of their total turnover. 

Rovers total turnover for the season was 11.8% of that of Brentford - it's the TV money where it's at.

Rovers could certainly afford to offer free season tickets in the Premier League should we get promoted.

Gav's suggestion isn't as ridiculous as it sounds - we'd probably only need to find just under £3m to bridge the gap when you consider the matchday income will also include corporate income and food/drink sales.

If Ayala and Dack were on £17k a week each - that's more than half of our total matchday income for the entire season spent on two players. Players that managed a grand total of 31 appearances between them in the 21/22 season.

Our salaries represented 146% of turnover in 21/22 - completely unsustainable. We need to get promoted.

• Like 1

Oh he is saving face as when he engineers it to somehow beat last summer’s figure through use of his magic abacus he’ll be all over the LT (and more importantly to Pune) saying how it’s ‘the best figures in years’ etc etc… all an arse covering exercise, bonus nicely banked and those comps will have come in handy.

Edited by Mattyblue

I have noticed in the comments underneath that those defending the prices online tend to be the youngest fans. Obviously they dont have to pay full price to begin with, theyve only known us really outside the Premier League and under Venkys anyway and they dont have the other committments that who they perceive to be entitled, fickle people do.

On 02/06/2023 at 19:26, only2garners said:

I should have done it but forgot. I will get it done but the technology is currently challenging me on my iPad in London. I will post when I’ve sorted it but it will probably be when I get back home on Tuesday.

The presentation should now be available on the website as a link from the minutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I have noticed in the comments underneath that those defending the prices online tend to be the youngest fans. Obviously they don't have to pay full price to begin with, they've only known us really outside the Premier League and under Venkys anyway and they don't have the other commitments that who they perceive to be entitled, fickle people do.

They are entitled to their opinions just like we are. We might have different views on the subject. Everyone have different commitments even between me and you for example. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, Doogs said:

I am certain some folk would moan if the tickets were free....It is what it is. Accept it, or don't. But surely its time to move on....

There’s a long time without football.

What would we move on to?

• Like 1