BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

Get your point generally TOFT, there is no worry about getting a seat here which drives demand at a lot of other clubs, so if you don’t price them well either then they will obviously struggle to sell - but you didn’t need a season ticket in 1976 either as supply far outstripped demand then too.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Get your point generally TOFT, there is no worry about getting a seat here which drives demand at a lot of other clubs, so if you don’t price them well either then they will obviously struggle to sell - but you didn’t need a season ticket in 1976 either as supply far outstripped demand then too.

You make a good point about 1976.  But in some ways it was a badge of honour.  I'd just left school at 16, started work and bought it with my first wage.  Also, in those days we knew when every game of the season was going to be played when the fixtures were announced.  It was easy to work out  if a ST was value for money against paying for each of the games I would be able to attend.  These days Sky move games at their whim.  Few people can guarantee to be able to attend every match.  Also in those days match day prices were announced at the same time as ST prices.  Helping those vfm calculations.  These days match day prices are not announced until just a few weeks before each game making pre-season comparisons impossible.  Somebody on here said that those people who bought a Final 5 package last year ended up paying more than me who attended match-by-match.  Barmy way to run a business.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

New ST post on the club site.

"Around 8,000 supporters have secured their seats for the upcoming campaign, "

That means 7900 normally. Certainly not 8500. Scary.

Embarrassment of a club. I hope fans are laying into Waggot as we speak, not had this much hatred for one person in a long long time. 

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Embarrassment of a club. I hope fans are laying into Waggot as we speak, not had this much hatred for one person in a long long time. 

What do you reckon? 😏

But I suppose at least we’ll get an exact number.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I did find it funny that a season ticket right at the top corner of the Jack Walker Central section could be £529, and a seat just on the other said of the steps (so what, 2/3 metres away) could be a whole £60 cheaper. I can understand the far corners of the stand being that much cheaper but perhaps a sliding scale from the centre outwards would make more sense. It strikes me as a small example among many of the lack of creativity and/or care for quality of product that this administration has.

42 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

The estimates suggested that, but if the club say 8,000 then it's probably that (unless it's a typo or copy and paste from an old article)

My seat map estimate is over by several hundred. The only thing I can think of is that the seat map has even more "sold" seats in the saleable areas than have actually been sold. I thought I'd accounted for all of that. I did notice a chunk of 150 seats being "sold" in one day, which is a bit unusual (what a sad thing to have to say), and I'm wondering if those are giveaways to Totally Wicked staff and whatnot, so aren't counted as sales.

Other than that, I don't understand why the difference is so vast. I genuinely thought we'd do better this summer than last summer given the season we just had, even if wast just be a few hundred or so.

• Like 1

Still think we might have done, by a fortunate coincidence there was a FF on the exact same date last year, 18th July, and we had sold 7,800 then (see screenshot), so a few hundred up seems about right.

(🥳 stretch bonuses all round!)

IMG_1730.jpeg

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

My seat map estimate is over by several hundred. The only thing I can think of is that the seat map has even more "sold" seats in the saleable areas than have actually been sold. I thought I'd accounted for all of that. I did notice a chunk of 150 seats being "sold" in one day, which is a bit unusual (what a sad thing to have to say), and I'm wondering if those are giveaways to Totally Wicked staff and whatnot, so aren't counted as sales.

Other than that, I don't understand why the difference is so vast. I genuinely thought we'd do better this summer than last summer given the season we just had, even if wast just be a few hundred or so.

For people who buy corporate tables for the season, do they all sit in the central comfy seats? Are they all put into the W09 / W10?

Or do they get cheaper seat in W08 / W11 ?   If they did that could skew your numbers.

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Makes sense - love the work you've put in and it's nigh on impossible to get it 100% spot on.

I'm one of the non-renewers. I barely make any games from Cardiff and I didn't see much benefit last year with regards to priority for away games. My brother (who shares it with me) has also moved to Manchester, so might not make all the midweek games.

I also thought there may be an uplift, but the confusing messaging regarding early bird deadlines was a bit messy and can't have helped. 

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’d like to know who’s followed the last week or so and thought ‘time to get a season ticket’. 

I've just got back off holiday and spent a bit less than I thought so in theory could get a ST, not even tempted I'm afraid. Going up the lakes instead with it.  

On 22/07/2023 at 15:55, wilsdenrover said:

I’d like to know who’s followed the last week or so and thought ‘time to get a season ticket’. 

I'm in that boat of not having renewed yet initially due to laziness on my part but now given recent events I  feel in a bit of a quandary.

Do I fork out £430 which will more likely than not disappear into the ether and make not a ha'peth of difference to the current situation whereby we have not signed the players we need and in the case of a striker or two haven't signed the players we need for the last four windows?

Do I show my disapproval for professional gravy train merchants like Waggott and Broughton by refusing to line their pockets even further? Or is that turning my back on the Club I've supported all my life?

Can I be bothered wasting any more of my time watching dire players like Gallagher and Hedges? Or on the other hand might the likes of Adam Wharton and Harry Leonard make the experience vaguely worthwhile?

Quite a bit to ponder.