v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

On 07/04/2023 at 19:54, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski

Brittain Hyam Wharton Pickering

Travis Wharton

Dolan Szmodics Rankin Costello

Brereton

Subs: Pears, Carter, Hedges, Gallagher, Morton, Leonard, Garrett

I’d actually love to see this. Be interesting and if it works could give us what we need to get through the rest of the season, it will never happen though

I’ve seen JRC play terribly for Rovers in plenty of positions. The ONLY position where I have any faith in him is where he’s been playing under JDT. I can’t find any reason to play him in some of the positions suggested. 

Kaminski

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering 

Travis Wharton

Hedges Szmodics Brereton

Dolan. 

• Like 4

Don’t wanna see soft lad morton or Diaz start 

kaminski 

Brittain 

hyam 

Carter 

pickering 

travis 

wharton 

hedges 

szmodics 

Dolan 

leanord 

heard jdt is wondering weather to give young leanord a debut and I don’t see why not! Gallagher works hard but has no attacking instinct and is easily bullied for such a big lad like bbd, if we are gonna fail on our play offs quest I would rather do it while giving our own youngsters the pivotal experience that will only benefit their development. No way should that soft arse from Merseyside see starts while putting in school performances when Wharton can come on and offer so much aswell as garret adding so much bite and enthusiasm. 

back onto leanord… the lad knows where the next is regardless of level so he should be sent out there with no pressure and told to do his thing, plus gives Gallagher a rest plus kick up the arse that his record and performances as a striker is simply not good enough 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he does occasionally get in a goal scoring position,but then his finishing lets him down and his heading ability for a big lad of 6"3 is terrible,i don`t want to get to critical of gallagher because he works hard but just has`nt got that goalscoring instinct,we definately need to get someone in next season

re your last point:

I guess the ‘good news’ is  (based on his transfer window comments) JDT knows this.

I guess the ‘bad news’ is:

1. he might not be here (if you believe the ‘theories’ regarding his change in agent)

2. there’s no guarantee we will complete any deal (past experience and all that)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

That is the definition of "hiding"...

That's what I mean. He's very good at it. Gally is the hide and seek champion of the championship, 4 years running. If there was an award for it, I'm not sure we'd ever find him for the presentation. 

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 2

This is a bit off topic, sorry, I'm one of them norwegian fans who watched the premier league from norway, and decided to become a rovers fan in 1992, my dad is a spurs fan and everyone I know is a liverpool,manchester united or aston villa fan, but I became a rovers fan in 1992 because of Shearer, and I've followed rovers ever since. The last game I saw at ewood was before the pandemic, home to wigan and I think it ended 3-1, with goals from dack and graham. But I read on of the threads that rovers should bring back final countdown, I think they should play the danish national football song from 1986 as well, it's the danish "three lions"

sounds a bit like "new order" obviously not as good:-), but I think it would work before "the final countdown"

and for those who like "northern soul" my band "spring vibes" have a tribute to alan shearer

Edited by conrad
  • Like 6

I actually rate Gallagher and have got in many an argument with some fans who I feel are always looking for an excuse to criticise him. However, he really was dreadful in so many ways on Friday. It sends the wrong message to start him tomorrow after he has played so poorly. I don’t care whether it’s Dolan as a false 9, BBD down the middle or Leonard up there but Gally really can’t start. Maybe bring him on off the bench later on with something to prove 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So BBD didn't look shattered after 10 mins or didn't make one run in behind their right back first half? 

He always looks shattered, it is natural style / demeanour but he rarely gets subbed and generally is still running until the final whistle. That isn’t to say he is offering much  as a player and certainly not looking like a goal threat recently.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, all you need is duff said:

I actually rate Gallagher and have got in many an argument with some fans who I feel are always looking for an excuse to criticise him. However, he really was dreadful in so many ways on Friday. It sends the wrong message to start him tomorrow after he has played so poorly. I don’t care whether it’s Dolan as a false 9, BBD down the middle or Leonard up there but Gally really can’t start. Maybe bring him on off the bench later on with something to prove 

As you mention in your post, they were all awful on Friday, Diaz was worse than Gallagher for me, lazy balls without looking, no urgency, strolling around, on the beach in Spain would be my guess....

The side needs a shake up, but where from?

We looked tired and a yard off the pace against Norwich, sadly I believe Sheff Utd away took the final remains of energy out of these players, its been a long hard season, punching above out weight in my opinion, but the cracks are showing and sadly I think we'll fall out of the playoffs and finish our season with a whimper. 

Hope I'm wrong of course. 

Udders 3 Rovers 1

31 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

No way we're getting anything from this, 2-0. 

I think you are probably right. I just pray for a positive result that will reignite belief within both players and fans. Everything suggests a defeat, our terrible record there, their revival and form under Colin W and our history of not turning up when it matters but we can just hope…….

• Like 1

8 hours ago, all you need is duff said:

It's the way people think they've proved a point. If you constantly highlight the negatives and totally ignore anything positive, then there you go, point proved,and you've got yourself a totally useless player. 

Nyambe fell foul of the same thing. 

As most others who are going today, I'll be doing so with hope but trepidation. Whoever pulls on the shirt will have to earn anything we get. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the back of some of these players. As much as we blamed Mowbray, and now JDT at times (both of which were/are valid), there is a common theme amongst this lot that they're not up for it when things get tough. 

As we crumble in these last few games I will hold on to the belief that JDT is capable of getting us back to the promised land after a few more transfer windows.. whilst simultaneously trying to ignore the feeling that Venkys will fuck it all up. 

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Looking forward to seeing the back of some of these players. As much as we blamed Mowbray, and now JDT at times (both of which were/are valid), there is a common theme amongst this lot that they're not up for it when things get tough. 

As we crumble in these last few games I will hold on to the belief that JDT is capable of getting us back to the promised land after a few more transfer windows.. whilst simultaneously trying to ignore the feeling that Venkys will fuck it all up. 

It doesn’t matter who we sign, within a month or so they’ll have slipped in the Venkie induced malaise that pervades Ewood Park. For anything to really change we need the Chicken Chokers to be gone.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

As I said before....Ryan wouldn't have allowed that Sheff Utd tosspot McBurnie all that space in the area...I want my defenders to defend.

I agree. Nyambe was the most difficult fullback to play against that we’ve had for years. He was quick, strong and could tackle. How we never managed to improve his final ball or his heading ability is a bit of a mystery.

Before anybody says “ Yes but his positioning was too near the centre halves “ - nobody in football goes out thinking “ I fancy playing nearer to the centre half today “. Even the guys playing for”  The Brown Cow “ play where they’re told to play by whoever runs the team. If they don’t they get dropped.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Only just realised we are on Sky today, do i put myself through it or catch up with the masters....

I’m in a quandary also. Do I have another nice day ruined by going up to my son’s house to watch the game or do I go out for a pint with my drinking buddy ?

It’s not the losing that pisses me off. I was in a good mood after the Sheff Utd game because we’d put in a real performance and just come up short. It’s the couldn’t care less, uninterested, careless attitude that rears its head at Rovers. Have this lot no pride or self respect ?

I’m just tired of seeing us out enthused and out run by other teams.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1