BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

I would have taken this result at the  beginning of the day. I would certainly have taken this result at half time. Warnock hates us for leaving him at the altar. 

Shame Leonard didn’t poke it a bit harder, it would have been a dream start. He didn’t look out of place. 

if we can start next game the same way that we played in the second half, with confidence and smooth flowing football then Bob’s yer uncle. 

I'd like to see Brittain at fullback and JRC further forward when Sorba isn't playing.

Keep Wharton in.

Szmod gave everything.

Brereton is poor, blimey. I'd replace him with Dolan in the next game.

It's a shame I could enjoy a game without having to watch Gallagher plod about, but then the defence made up for it with two sloppy goals totally against the run of play.

If we don't beat Hull at home then we may as well give up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

What? That it feels like a defeat?

Im just explaining why a point is, err, pointless.

That you felt we needed 4 wins before the game and that we still need 4 wins. We didn't win, so, seems kinda obvious. Especially with nobody else having played yet to see if things go well for us.

It will take me a while to calm down from that. I had better get the scores on and hope we remain in to top 6 by the end of today.

I would have definitely taken a point at half time, but thought we bossed the second half, so much that we should have won it. They were playing like the away side and the amount of time they wasted, nearly cost them.

The big positive things form the day are Adam Wharton, starting and playing pretty well and giving Leonard a game.

JRC was my man of the match and his finish was sublime.

Hope we can win on Saturday and go into the derby with our tails up.

we are still in the mi here and need to believe.

• Like 3

Great come back!

Sadly, a point today might prove not to be enough come the end of the season.

RJC - superb.

Leonard LOOKS a player and unlucky not to net at least one goal.  Nicely built lad, good movement, an eye and a nose for goal and not overawed.

MUST STARTERS for Saturday: Kaminski, Adam Wharton and Leonard.

• Like 4

Fabulous game, great come back. Unfortunately, I would swap the entertainment for the 3 points...

A team to be proud of and Pears getting unfair flak for their two goals- the first in particular was a great reaction to Morton getting a boot on the ball just in front of him.

Just the 82% possession, 22 chances and 11 on target..

• Like 1

We were Warnocked and Rovered in the first half.

There was no coming back from that, but Joe Rankin-Costello begged to differ. Well done, Joe. You're a star!

A few men stood up today where bigger and better paid boys are supposed to. Kudos to them.

We're still in this. Let's hope our poor form has ended and we can at least end our season with a fight, which would be more than what we've done in the last five years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, booth said:

I'd like to see Brittain at fullback and JRC further forward when Sorba isn't playing.

Keep Wharton in.

Szmod gave everything.

Brereton is poor, blimey. I'd replace him with Dolan in the next game.

It's a shame I could enjoy a game without having to watch Gallagher plod about, but then the defence made up for it with two sloppy goals totally against the run of play.

If we don't beat Hull at home then we may as well give up.

To be fair JRC was partly so effective as he had a completely free role, and Carter was asked to cover the entire right side on his own. If we put Brittain in at RB and move JRC into the middle I doubt he could really play the same way. JRC would be expected more to offer a deeper option in midfield.

For what it's worth I'd stick with the same team against Hull but drop BBD for Thomas and start Leonard.  Also I imagine Kaminski will come back in. 

Kaminski

JRC        Carter     Hyam      Pickering

Travis       Morton    Wharton

Thomas    Leonard    Szmodics

Its a big call though to leave both BBD and Gallagher out.

Still think we are going to concede every game at the moment the way we play. Though it is refreshing to see an real attack first philosophy.

• Like 1

Right, just settling down to Soccer Special hoping for some decent results, though unlikely imo.

Then watch the game at 5.30 more than likely. One things for sure, I won't be watching those 6 fingered bastards tonight, make it a policy of mine never to watch them 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

To be fair JRC was partly so effective as he had a completely free role, and Carter was asked to cover the entire right side on his own. If we put Brittain in at RB and move JRC into the middle I doubt he could really play the same way. JRC would be expected more to offer a deeper option in midfield.

For what it's worth I'd stick with the same team against Hull but drop BBD for Thomas and start Leonard.  Also I imagine Kaminski will come back in. 

Kaminski

JRC        Carter     Hyam      Pickering

Travis       Morton    Wharton

Thomas    Leonard    Szmodics

Its a big call though to leave both BBD and Gallagher out.

Still think we are going to concede every game at the moment the way we play. Though it is refreshing to see an real attack first philosophy.

Very good point re Carter. As abysmal as he was in the first half he was outstanding in the second.

If only we could play like we did second half every game. But it doesn't suit BBD for some reason he was knackered or mind on other things.

Morton had a good game for a change but it's time for Kaminski in goal next game.

JRC was outstanding.

• Like 1