BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Developing players is his remit. Not promotion. 

Sorry to keep harping on the same old track; but it seems to me that by borrowing players from the Premier League Big Boys, we're developing players for those clubs with our own needs as a club way down our list of priorities.

In the last three seasons, we've borrowed Elliott, then Clarkson, and now Morton, all from Liverpool. The only one who could really be seen as a successful loan from our perspective was Elliott and he's beginning to feature in Liverpool's first team squads.

So I can't help wondering if, when next season's loan is being considered, the first question our club's management ask themselves should be, "What's in this loan for us?"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

He made a good save and had little, indeed no chance with either goal. Hyam should have got a tackle in for the second goal but he dawdled and had an absolutely awful game yesterday, all over the place.

I agree I thought Hyam had an absolute shocker. He is joined by hedges for spending half his time standing still. Gallagher was his usual self. Brereton has given up. We also revisited the slow painful roll it around style.
Thomas was and is better than hedges and Dolan should be on the field along with young Wharton
I didn’t think it was possible to repeat the brum shit show but clearly it was. The only saving grace was it didn’t take me 4 hours to get home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

He is currently chained to Turf Moor wearing only his jocks. 

Yeah he got, what I consider, a very impressive little pack. Was a junior rovers backpack with nice goodies inside. He was chuffed. He enjoyed the whole experience and regardless of the result wants to come back. Gonna win some, gonna lose some. Today was always gonna be a risky game, rather those type of games then a nothing game as the atmosphere pre match is what it's all about 👍

We lost in my first game at Ewood but I was hooked - unfortunately.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, booth said:

We were better with Thomas and Wharton in the team. Those two have to start against Hudds.

And just don't play Gallagher, start with ten it'd make no difference - it may actually help.

Thomas isn't allowed to play against Hudds

• Moderation Lead

I think I’d rather us be mid table all season, than get our hopes up and be in the top 6 for the most part, then fall away. Particularly, if it happens for the second consecutive season.

Whilst the transfer window wasn’t JDT’s fault, I don’t think we are playing as well as we could be though. We don’t help ourselves with the goals we concede. They’re always from our fuck ups, rather than being undone by moments of magic.

It’s so frustrating to see us losing, then not being fully committed to 50/50s, loose balls with the keeper and just having loads of possession and doing nothing with it.

We don’t have a great squad and it obviously needs reinforcements badly, but we don’t look like a team of grafters either. It almost looks like JDT is waiting for the summer to start again, whether that’s here or elsewhere.

• Like 2

On reflection:

Pears - in live time I thought he might have come out for the first one but then a toe-poke was all that would’ve been required to score.

JRC - Not a stellar defender but he does give us something different in possession and he calls out others for doing something crap

Carter - I like him but this was a bad one, not helped by his senior partner alongside him.

Hyam - Got done every which way by #24, who left him for dead multiple times thanks to little feints and runs, which combined to give him plenty of time and space to flick on Slabhead’s punt for the first goal.

Pickering - Best of a bad lot, seems to have grown into that role.

Travis - back to his pre-benching worst.

Morton - Might help if he joined in a bit.

Hedges - Another I like but not wide right

Sammy - Involved in what few good things we did.

Brereton - Sunning himself on the left touchline - he was even there for a corner from the other flank - unbalances the team. He just doesn’t get involved enough.

Donkey - I watched a lot of him off the ball and he doesn’t test his marker at all. I can’t even tell what his game is, because it isn’t holding it up, coming short, running the channels, turning his man etc. He had four clear chances - Inc. two goal line sitters - and either completely missed or mishit all of them. Maybe Mowbray had the right idea putting him wide left: at least you get the workrate but he fucks up promising situations  a lot less.

• Like 4

As an exiled fan, I loved the chance to get to a packed Ewood yesterday, but being long in the tooth as I am, it was always destined to end in defeat. 

From the first few minutes it was clear we were not at the races, second to every ball, Norwich looked like they had more players on the pitch than us. We were beaten in every area yesterday, I think the season has finally caught up with us, which is a shame as both players and supporters deserve better.

Shout out to the Norwich fans, they were brilliant, loudest fans at Ewood in many a year, superb. 

4 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

He made a good save and had little, indeed no chance with either goal. Hyam should have got a tackle in for the second goal but he dawdled and had an absolutely awful game yesterday, all over the place.

You're simply wrong, a keeper should move.

As stated they were also good shots just at a bigger target than was necessary.

The  "good" save happened and had nowt to do with the goals conceded.

I also think other Rovers players were more culpable than Pears in both goals conceded, but my post was about the keepers actions.

Kaminski would have had a starting position 10 yards further out and would have mopped up with the minimum of fuss.

If fit, you play your best players. T’other mon is a decent back up, no more.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gav said:

As an exiled fan, I loved the chance to get to a packed Ewood yesterday, but being long in the tooth as I am, it was always destined to end in defeat. 

From the first few minutes it was clear we were not at the races, second to every ball, Norwich looked like they had more players on the pitch than us. We were beaten in every area yesterday, I think the season has finally caught up with us, which is a shame as both players and supporters deserve better.

Shout out to the Norwich fans, they were brilliant, loudest fans at Ewood in many a year, superb. 

Yeah they were good and certainly made a mockery of the Ewood Morgue. I mean there wasn’t much to shout about but before they scored, there’s f all atmosphere & has been the case for many many seasons…

Edited by BankEnd Rover

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah they were good and certainly made a mockery of the Ewood Morgue. I mean there wasn’t much to shout about but before they scored, there’s f all atmosphere & has been the case for many many seasons…

Same at pretty much every Championship ground.

Can't speak for the owners but I'm not convinced that anyone at the coal face down at Ewood, players or management, has the slightest interest in the Club getting promoted. It'd take them all out of their little comfort zones.

Sitting in a good position in January we managed to screw up the transfer window in quite spectacular and completely unique fashion. By negligence or design?

Whenever there's a crucial fixture which could be described as a season defining fixture, by and large, the players fail to turn up. You can forgive players having an off day but a lack of effort and application is inexcusable, particularly in such crucial circumstances. Yesterday could have been Bowyer and Yeovil  all over again. I fully expect us to slip tamely out of play off contention without so much as a whimper then rally and look like they give a rat's arse when it's too late.

The manager doesn't even sound like he has any interest in us getting promoted whenever he is interviewed either. "We're not even thinking about that" etc etc......

Please everyone, prove me wrong or at the very least don't go down without on hell of a fight as per the last two games.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Kaminski would have had a starting position 10 yards further out and would have mopped up with the minimum of fuss.

If fit, you play your best players. T’other mon is a decent back up, no more.

I think we're forgetting how badly Kaminsky was playing before he was injured. He was throwing in a goal nearly every game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think we're forgetting how badly Kaminsky was playing before he was injured. He was throwing in a goal nearly every game.

Might as well get shut of him in the summer then if he can’t get in front of someone as bang average as Pears.

Edited by Mattyblue