BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't think either him or Pears are the answer if we want to get/were to be/promoted.

Obviously neither are as bad as the calamitous Walton who was one of the worst keepers I've ever seen when he was here.

Walton has matured and my Ipswich pal, really rates him.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Kaminski only competent? He was excellent prior to his wobble pre injury when it later emerged via Tomasson that he had been carrying it prior.

Kaminski comes out and clears the Norwich 1st goal, or at least makes it more difficult...Pears was glued to his line virtually.

Kaminski also saves the semi final winner 

More poor JDT decisions.

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Kaminski comes out and clears the Norwich 1st goal, or at least makes it more difficult...Pears was glued to his line virtually.

Kaminski also saves the semi final winner 

More poor JDT decisions.

Pears wasn’t glued to his line at all, he was on the edge of his box and retreated.

You obviously never saw the game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Pears wasn’t glued to his line at all, he was on the edge of his box and retreated.

Both goals for him where unstoppable the problem was far higher up the pitch. Lack of pace and hyam was having a nightmare of a game. We also lack pace and for the last two games go into tackles half arsed. Pears is the least of our problems. I agree completely no chance with both goals

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gav said:

You obviously never saw his team mates telling him he should have come.  Sat right level with it....Pears could and should have had a better starting position....no question.  He should have been out to him after his bad/heavy touch and was actually in his 6yd box when the lad kicked it....unforgivable

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You obviously never saw his team mates telling him he should have come.  Sat right level with it....Pears could and should have had a better starting position....no question.  He should have been out to him after his first touch and was actually in his 6yd box when the lad kicked it....unforgivable

Pears performance on the first goal is poor.

The scorer took 2 touches, the first a miss control just past the half way line, the second was the scoring shot from the edge of the pen area.

Whilst the scorer was chasing after the miss controlled ball Pears retreated to his goal box and just gave the scorer a bigger and easier target.

That's what happened.

• Like 2

I think TK will be back for Huddersfield. Pears has done a solid enough job but there have been enough shaky moments over the last few games to justify bringing back our #1.

I also have a feeling Adam Wharton will start. His cameo showed he’s so clearly superior to Morton and I think he’s been in the cold long enough for JDT to feel like he’s made a point. He might cost us a goal here or there before the end of the season if he becomes a regular, but the way we’re struggling to create chances at the moment it’s probably a risk worth taking. 

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 15:45, andyh said:

Cannot remove box above but was going to agree the Match Centre wasn't working when suddenly it did so sparing me from the Norwich commentary..

The reason for this post is I have recurrent nightmares with how JRC got caught in two minds when addressing the chip into an empty net early in the second half.

Just go for goal man and forget about looking across for Gally.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You obviously never saw his team mates telling him he should have come.  Sat right level with it....Pears could and should have had a better starting position....no question.  He should have been out to him after his bad/heavy touch and was actually in his 6yd box when the lad kicked it....unforgivable

I don’t disagree he should have come for the ball, but he wasn’t ‘glued to his line’ Sparks, he was caught in 2 minds and retreated, wrong decision. 

The lad has been excellent all season, we are blessed with 2 very good keepers right now. 

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don’t disagree he should have come for the ball, but he wasn’t ‘glued to his line’ Sparks, he was caught in 2 minds and retreated, wrong decision. 

The lad has been excellent all season, we are blessed with 2 very good keepers right now. 

I'd say a couple of yards off his line in that situation is glued to his line...relatively speaking.  When the lad shot Pears should have been within 2 yards of him blocking it.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears was right not to come out for the ball as he wouldn't have got there anyway. 

I disagree with your statement. For me he would have been first to the ball. Neither your thoughts or mine can be proven. But what is a fact, is that Pears retreated and Norwich scored. Because of that, in my mind Pears has not made the right decision.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

I disagree with your statement. For me he would have been first to the ball. Neither your thoughts or mine can be proven. But what is a fact, is that Pears retreated and Norwich scored. Because of that, in my mind Pears has not made the right decision.

He wouldnt have gone there. I sit in that part of of BBE and his starting position wasn't wrong either. 

Norwich scored both of the goals by exploiting the right back area cos of JRC moving into midfield 

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Just because someone is at any game at any time, doesn't always make their interpretations of incidents correct. 

Was Pears ‘Rooted to his line’ for the first goal? 

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Was Pears ‘Rooted to his line’ for the first goal? 

I never said Pears was routed to his line. What I said was that in my opinion Pears should have got to the ball before the attacker. And that again, in my opinion, he would have if he had not been indecisive. Pears had a good starting point, he then went forward towards the ball, then he stopped and decided to go back towards his goal, effectively caught out of position on the edge of the six yard box. The only thing I can think of that he might have thought, was that he did not want to be drawn into a foul, with the chance of being sent off. Which is what happened in the earlier U21s game.

Edited by rigger

It’s fair to say pears made the target a big enough one for the attacker to hit. 

I will say I watched Gallagher and he was poor but in his defence, especially  in the first half I sat just watching him and he made run after run, shouting and pointing and the ball never came anywhere near him, good runs where the correct ball would of found him and he’d be through on goal or be able to hold it up and bring others into play, the midfield and centre backs absolutely starved him of the service he wanted . I agree the few times he got the ball he was dreadful 😅

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1