BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

• Backroom

Why make the changes 10 minutes into the second half when it was obvious to everybody that they needed to be made at half time? Pure reactivity to going a goal down. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Sorry, I just don’t buy the “project” stuff.

It’s an excuse for repeated failure.

Not that we are anything like or near obviously but look at arsenal and where they were when arteta took over. Look at the work he did and how long it took. And they are still struggling but have made huge progress in a few years

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I’d be delighted if we got money for Dolan in the summer. He’s absolutely stupid. 

More chance of me managing to sell the quarter of chocolate raisins that have been in my glovebox since Michael Appleton was manager.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Well, we need to do what we haven’t done all season and come back from a goal down. 35 minutes to save our season…

Came back from 2 down against Huddersfield. A draw and beating Millwall might squeak us over the line. But realistically, I've properly given up now.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A summer being told how well we did, how we overachieved and how good we will be after the summer window.

Fuck that, I'll be watching the Ashes as project stay in the Championship continues.

I’m just gonna live blog re-runs of the 2000/01 season instead of putting myself through another year of disappointment.

Can’t wait for the first home game against Palace on Aug 12.  Should be a good year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainfreeze said:

That point where the crucial decision needs to be made is sorely lacking from the majority of our players. Overweighted passes/ hanging on to the ball too long etc...

I feel like that's been our undoing for a while now.

Nailed it. They don't have the character when needed, can't see us ever getting in the play offs with this bunch, lots of new faces needed in the summer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Not that we are anything like or near obviously but look at arsenal and where they were when arteta took over. Look at the work he did and how long it took. And they are still struggling but have made huge progress in a few years

Thing is Arteta froze out Aubameyang and went with kids up top when he realised he was a waste... JDT has persisted with Diaz

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, knows nowt.  Big strong lads at the back and plays a little lad against them...🤷‍♂️

His whole philosophy is shite. Can't set a team up to combat other teams strengths and depends on nicking a goal and riding it out. Rinse and repeats. Will this be no wins in 9?

• Like 3