BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Dominic Hyam had a very poor performance against Bristol City where he made 3 massive mistakes but lets not over reacted cos in previous games he was very good and back to last season very good form and looking like the Hyam we voted for as Player of the season last season

if he`s capable of putting in the worst display of defending iv`e seen in a long time,he will do it again in the future,get shut in the summer,be the first one out in the clearance sale

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if he`s capable of putting in the worst display of defending iv`e seen in a long time,he will do it again in the future,get shut in the summer,be the first one out in the clearance sale

yet again over reacting one bad performance. 

I wouldn't sell him and he would remain captain for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

he`s an unreliable character,it`s not the first time he`s had a nightmare,though before it was`nt as bad as wednesday night,he certainly would`nt be skipper for me,shows very little leadership on the pitch imo

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s an unreliable character,it`s not the first time he`s had a nightmare,though before it was`nt as bad as wednesday night,he certainly would`nt be skipper for me,shows very little leadership on the pitch imo

yet he was very good at Sunderland and at home to Southampton for an example? 

He made a massive mistake against Southampton too that thankfully went unpunished.

Remain captain? Travis is the club captain or was before his temporary exit. And he actually shows signs of leadership. Lending him out becomes more and more baffling with each passing week.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He made a massive mistake against Southampton too that thankfully went unpunished.

Remain captain? Travis is the club captain or was before his temporary exit. And he actually shows signs of leadership. Lending him out becomes more and more baffling with each passing week.

Not when you accept the fact that the owners are trying to deliberately relegate the club. Again.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Dominic Hyam had a very poor performance against Bristol City where he made 3 massive mistakes but lets not over reacted cos in previous games he was very good and back to last season very good form and looking like the Hyam we voted for as Player of the season last season

Come on Chaddy, four or five good months when he first joined but he's been crap ever since.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

ONE BAD PERFORMENCE?  oh dear , you really are gullible, crackers or on full on WUM mode , I suspect the latter to be honest.

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

yet he was very good at Sunderland and at home to Southampton for an example? 

I recall one suicide pass to the opposition in the Southampton game so I wouldn’t describe it as “very good”. 

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

ONE BAD PERFORMENCE?  oh dear , you really are gullible, crackers or on full on WUM mode , I suspect the latter to be honest.

Abbey, different opinions. That its. I like Hyam and no one complained about Hyam's performance after the Sunderland or Southampton. one bad performance and result, its full meltdown on here. 

I think Hyam should be moved on.  This season, perhaps due to his injuries, he has looked like his legs have gone. He's so slow and clumsy on the ball.  

Wharton has been tremendous and is back to his old self. 

Carter has all the attributes you'd want for a good centre half.

I'd bomb out Macfazdean and  Hyam to bring in good competition from league 1 or 2 for centre half along with a decent Premiership loan.

Hyam and Macfazdean are not the future. Move them both on.

• Like 3

On 13/04/2024 at 04:47, RevidgeBlue said:

Come on Chaddy, four or five good months when he first joined but he's been crap ever since.

He's been a very good purchase - he's a damn sight better than the player he replaced (Lenihan). 

That said, he's not a captain and shouldn't be asked to take on a leadership role. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I think Hyam should be moved on.  This season, perhaps due to his injuries, he has looked like his legs have gone. He's so slow and clumsy on the ball.  

I'd bomb out Macfazdean and  Hyam to bring in good competition from league 1 or 2 for centre half along with a decent Premiership loan.

I wouldn't be surprised if a PL club or two sniffs around Carter in the summer - and obviously our new business model is to sell at the first sign of interest. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's been a very good purchase - he's a damn sight better than the player he replaced (Lenihan). 

That said, he's not a captain and shouldn't be asked to take on a leadership role. 

Blimey, game of opinions once again, Hyam isn't fit to lace Lenihan's boots imo.

Lenihan is a little agricultural but underneath it all he's a generally very reliable and resolute defender - unlike Hyam.

1 hour ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Great post. Completely agree.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He certainly looked that way at first but the bigger picture over the longer term says he probably isn't, he should be but just isn't consistent enough.

You need basic fundamentals and consistent from your centre halves and captain over anything else and i'm not saying Lenihen was that but i think we've missed his no nonsense attitude at times.

Slightly different in style but not much between the two of them overall imo.

• Like 1