BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

See Mowbray was moaning about the extra time rule after their game, our gaffer the opposite. 

Know which manager I would rather have now 🙂

Imagine his comments would have been very different if Sunderland had scored rather than hit the woodwork at the death.

According to their forums they haven't kept a clean sheet at home since Feb - I'd be focusing on that rather than added time.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Biggest problem with the RTG forum is that they don't have consistent threads, people just constantly start new ones about the same topic. There must be hundreds of threads about Mowbray alone. Absolute mess.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Just as bad are those that have each reply to a thread cascading further across the homepage, Luton’s for example. 😵‍💫

Long live brfcs.com 

haha holy fuck do you realise how good we have it here when you happen to venture to some other club's forum...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

40 minutes seems low. I saw a table in one of the papers not too long ago showing Premier League teams average ball in play time. City were top at 65 ish, Newcastle bottom at 58 ish. 

I had a look and haven't found it yet but I did find this; Premier League in play 2012-2023

It shows the in play average is about 56 minutes. Surely the Championship is similar, or I'd wager even higher.

No contradiction there. Depends who you're reading I suppose.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Just as bad are those that have each reply to a thread cascading further across the homepage, Luton’s for example. 😵‍💫

Long live brfcs.com 

That's a really old message board system. I remember sites using it in the late 90s.

• Like 1

Mowbray was complaining that no extra time was added on to the 13 minutes of original added time when subs had been made and injuries occurred in that 13 minutes. I agree with him.

Also watching his interview made me feel a bit nostalgic   nauseous.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bazza said:

Mowbray was complaining that no extra time was added on to the 13 minutes of original added time when subs had been made and injuries occurred in that 13 minutes. I agree with him.

Also watching his interview made me feel a bit nostalgic   nauseous.

They did though? 13 mins added ran to at least 15.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

With the signings made this summer and less bad luck with injuries,  Sunderland should be serious promotion prospects this season 

However, the management team does not seem to have learnt from its setbacks at Ewood. 

Too many young lads on the pitch and too many old farts off it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Too many young lads on the pitch and too many old farts off it.

I couldn't help but chuckle when I watched Sunderland the other day, with Mowbray and Venus running the show.

Give me our guy any day of the week!

The sheer world weary, downbeat personna of Tony can't be inspiring to be around.

JDT is like Des O'connor, to Mowbray's Sinead

• Like 1

I know it's not strictly championship (although both clubs are), but if anyone wants an excellent example of fannying around with it at the back, check out huddersfield's first goal vs boro in the cup. A good 9/10 on the pissing about with it meter..

12 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I know it's not strictly championship (although both clubs are), but if anyone wants an excellent example of fannying around with it at the back, check out huddersfield's first goal vs boro in the cup. A good 9/10 on the pissing about with it meter..

To be fair I think we had a couple of 11/10s last year.

• Backroom
On 08/08/2023 at 10:27, Colt Seavers said:

I couldn't help but chuckle when I watched Sunderland the other day, with Mowbray and Venus running the show.

Give me our guy any day of the week!

The sheer world weary, downbeat personna of Tony can't be inspiring to be around.

JDT is like Des O'connor, to Mowbray's Sinead

Thank you for sending me down a Morecambe and Wise rabbit hole 😂😂😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mars Rover said:

Coventry haven't looked anything special today but Middlesbrough have been abysmal. They have very little goal threat and have looked calamitous at the back, topped with a quintessential Lenihan OG.

Lots of work for Carrick, it would seem.

No win in 7 Championship games. 

Tough league. 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The correct answer is YES

I simply said we were a top half team with Mowbray as manager and Gallagher playing on the right wing. Enough said. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1