BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surprised Sky didn't pick this game as one of their live games this weekend

Agreed, that is strange as it has all the makings of a typical Sky match - two teams with 'name value' based on recent PL tenure, and the return of a former boss in Farke adding some extra flavour. Must have been something to do with just not being able to get the schedule to work with that match, for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Agreed, that is strange as it has all the makings of a typical Sky match - two teams with 'name value' based on recent PL tenure, and the return of a former boss in Farke adding some extra flavour. Must have been something to do with just not being able to get the schedule to work with that match, for whatever reason. 

why would they be a schedule to work problem when we just had a 2 weeks break? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would they be a schedule to work problem when we just had a 2 weeks break? 

Ask Sky, I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s excellent. I could never keep up with the goings on without it. The Prem gets all the bandwidth unfortunately.

Personally not interested in the PL these days, so I'll just keep chugging away with the Championship. I could do with someone doing a similar PL review to be honest, as it's the only way I'd consider keeping up with the general goings on. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DE. said:

Cheers TS. It helps me keep up with what's going on in the division, and hopefully it's useful for other people in the same way. 

I like it too. I get all the Premier league I want but Championship coverage is a bit haphazard. 

The Championship is one crazy league. It's predictable an unpredictable every season. Predictable in that 1 team always runs away with top spot - this season it will be Leicester. Then another team is usually a solid 2nd.  After that it's mayhem. 

Rovers sit in 15th - only 3 points off a playoff spot

Huddersfield are 18th - 6 points away from the bottom 3, yet only 5 points short of 6th.

It's barmy. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The Championship is one crazy league. It's predictable an unpredictable every season. Predictable in that 1 team always runs away with top spot - this season it will be Leicester. Then another team is usually a solid 2nd.  After that it's mayhem. 

Rovers sit in 15th - only 3 points off a playoff spot

Huddersfield are 18th - 6 points away from the bottom 3, yet only 5 points short of 6th.

It's barmy. 

I love it.

• Like 2

• Backroom

This thread on TM's latest presser certainly brings back memories, half of the comments could have been copied and pasted from here a couple of years ago:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/tony-mowbray-press-conference.1618302/

A couple of defeats and suddenly TM is out of favour. Although he apparently blamed storm babet for getting beaten by Stoke at the weekend, and not starting with any strikers, which obviously didn't go down particularly well.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/dack.1618237/

Dack not the most popular person in that part of the world either. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DE. said:

This thread on TM's latest presser certainly brings back memories, half of the comments could have been copied and pasted from here a couple of years ago:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/tony-mowbray-press-conference.1618302/

A couple of defeats and suddenly TM is out of favour. Although he apparently blamed storm babet for getting beaten by Stoke at the weekend, and not starting with any strikers, which obviously didn't go down particularly well.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/dack.1618237/

Dack not the most popular person in that part of the world either. 

I love reading that board.

They're funny as fuck on there.

• Like 3

Dack should have stayed. He was loved here, and had a lot of goodwill to fall back on

I assume some form of deal was offered and with him earning the money he is through television, and his wife's income, surely it was enough to stay comfortable

To go to a club like Sunderland and receive some of the abuse that board is spouting is not fair for a player like him. They really are a shit show round there

13 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Dack should have stayed. He was loved here, and had a lot of goodwill to fall back on

I assume some form of deal was offered and with him earning the money he is through television, and his wife's income, surely it was enough to stay comfortable

To go to a club like Sunderland and receive some of the abuse that board is spouting is not fair for a player like him. They really are a shit show round there

Did we make him an offer ? Just asking as I don’t know the answer.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Did we make him an offer ? Just asking as I don’t know the answer.

I don't know for certain Tyrone but I'd imagine we did. The terms may not have been favourable for Dack, but in life there's often more to think about than the money. Especially with their combined earning potential. I'd say his other half earns more than Dack with her marketing and tv appearances

The lure of working with Mowbray again and being the main man must have played a part too

• Backroom
50 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The RTG forum certainly makes ours look pretty chilled in comparison 🙂 

I think Dack is injured again now, so out for a few weeks. His body type was never what you'd call 'athletic', but his technical ability, positional sense and general on-pitch intelligence made up for that pre-injury. Tough to tell nowadays as he barely gets a run of games before injury strikes again. Seems like it's going to be an unfortunate end to his career. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Dack did brilliant things at Rovers and will be remembered fondly, but I'm glad we didn't renew his contract. He doesn't fit the system we play and I'm unfortunately not convinced that he is able to produce the magic of yesteryear on even a semi-consistant basis. A sad end for sure. 

Spot on. Without factoring in his time out injured he simply didn't have the fitness levels or aerobic capacity that Tomasson almost demands from his players. I liked Dack but the time was absolutely right for him to move on.

• Like 2

On 23/10/2023 at 23:03, bazza said:

I love it.

It's weird if we got promoted I think I'd miss the Championship a lot. It's a really incredible thing to start every season knowing you could get promoted or relegated. Where teams like Luton can win a playoff final. You just don't get that in the Prem, though to be fair with Brighton and Villa things are maybe getting a bit more unpredictable.

• Like 1

This season seems so much different yet it is very similar to last year at this point. 6 wins, 6 losses, but unlike last season JDT's men have already managed a draw. 

Last night's win puts Rovers in 10th on 19 points. After 13 games last season Rovers had 21 points and were sat in 6th.

Bristol City and one of Brum or Hull (who play each other) can go above Rovers depending on their results tonight.  

Also, for all the prognostications about a lack of a goal scorer - which I agree with, only 5 teams have scored more than Rovers so far. 

Edited by speeeeeeedie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

It's weird if we got promoted I think I'd miss the Championship a lot. It's a really incredible thing to start every season knowing you could get promoted or relegated. Where teams like Luton can win a playoff final. You just don't get that in the Prem, though to be fair with Brighton and Villa things are maybe getting a bit more unpredictable.

I miss qualifying for Europe and having one of the best run clubs in world football myself. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

all the pne fans i know have gone remarkably quiet in the last few weeks,they are also worried that soton will give turn them over big style tonight,tbh,it does`nt take much to get them excited,now reality has hit,they are back to their miserable former selves😁

They’ll be gutted about conceding so late 😁😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Wayne Rooney's Birmingham city (tm) haven't gotten off to a good start. I wonder who his opposite number is? 😉

Yes, I think a picture is emerging as to who the better manager is between him and Rosenior.

History repeating itself at Brum, with them replacing a low profile manager, who was doing well, with a big name.

It backfired when Zola replaced Rowett, and this is heading the same way.