BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

• Backroom

I really hope both of you are right.

I can't remember the situation with Huddersfield last time (if they couldn't go up or down a place) but I remember the usual discussion- is it better to keep playing and have momentum, or rest and save energy. 

And Wagner was firmly in the get everyone out of harms way, no injuries camp.Think he was interviewed at the time as it was a bit controversial, spirit of the game and that. 

• Backroom

Absolute shocker from the keeper and Morsy there. Just hoof it if there's no options. It's like players are brainwashed into being unable to lump it when common sense calls for it. 

6 minutes ago, Silas said:

I really hope both of you are right.

I can't remember the situation with Huddersfield last time (if they couldn't go up or down a place) but I remember the usual discussion- is it better to keep playing and have momentum, or rest and save energy. 

And Wagner was firmly in the get everyone out of harms way, no injuries camp.Think he was interviewed at the time as it was a bit controversial, spirit of the game and that. 

They were fifth and could have finished no lower but as high as third.

14 minutes ago, Silas said:

Has it been mentioned that it was Wagner that helped relegate us last time....to the benefit of Birmingham. 🙈🙈

Rested his Huddersfield team and played such a bunch of donkeys that 'Arry's team won even after an early sending off. 

I do not like the similarities here. 

All that who did what, when,  really doesn’t matter. It’s not about Wagner doing something or anyone else for that matter, it’s more to do what Eustace hasn't done that has more impact to the final outcome. 

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

can`t understand why this playing out from the back ***** still goes on,how many goals have been conceded by teams carrying on doing it,recipe for disaster imo,most sides ar`nt good enough to do it

Much like how I can never understand showing a player onto his stronger foot yet it's rife in football - inverted wingers should be so easy to defend. 

We simply don't have anyone that can score that Hutchinson goal, btw. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

What a strike. Great time to get a goal.

Hutchinson on loan at Ipswich from Chelsea. Quality loan players are out there, yet GB gets Moran etc 

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

They were fifth and could have finished no lower but as high as third.

Well there you go.

He clearly thinks playoffs are playoffs, forget the final placings.

Hopefully I'm very wrong. 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Hutchinson on loan at Ipswich from Chelsea. Quality loan players are out there, yet GB gets Moran etc 

Ipswich have a decent wage budget tbf, Brandon Williams was probably on a fair amount as well before he went AWOL. Not sure if they're still paying those wages or not. 

Anyway, they're similar to us under Mowbray in that they have the ability to pay decent loan wages/fees, as we did for the likes of Elliot, Tosin, Reed, etc... but less to spend on actual transfer fees. 

Where they differ from us is that they have owners who are ambitious and a manager who is a winner. Two things we can only dream of. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

Well there you go.

He clearly thinks playoffs are playoffs, forget the final placings.

Hopefully I'm very wrong. 

I hope you’re wrong too.

Whilst we’re on this subject, how the fuck was that seven years ago??!!

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

All that who did what, when,  really doesn’t matter. It’s not about Wagner doing something or anyone else for that matter, it’s more to do what Eustace hasn't done that has more impact to the final outcome. 

Yes, we've ballsed many things up. I don't personally blame it all on JE, although he's tough to warm to.

Could be argued the first major turning point towards relegation danger was the transfer day shambles. And that's firmly on GB.

It definitely does (or could) matter who does what and when from here though. What's gone before is in the past. We can disect that in a week when we know what league we're in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ipswich have a decent wage budget tbf, Brandon Williams was probably on a fair amount as well before he went AWOL. Not sure if they're still paying those wages or not. 

Anyway, they're similar to us under Mowbray in that they have the ability to pay decent loan wages/fees, as we did for the likes of Elliot, Tosin, Reed, etc... but less to spend on actual transfer fees. 

Where they differ from us is that they have owners who are ambitious and a manager who is a winner. Two things we can only dream of. 

Waggot/GB quite happy to throw £15k a week at Fleck who arrived on crutches, left on crutches.

3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Waggot/GB quite happy to throw £15k a week at Fleck who arrived on crutches, left on crutches.

players breaks his leg twice in 2 years,has a metal plate in it and we sign him 😅you really are on **** street with those two in the building

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Could have had Batth on a free in the summer - instead we penny pinch based on his age and end up bringing in McFadz in January who is, what, four years older? And probably on a similar wage. Our recruitment team just cannot handle being on a limited budget. Granted I'm not sure they can handle being on a decent budget either, but we likely won't see that again under Venky's anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

players breaks his leg twice in 2 years,has a metal plate in it and we sign him 😅you really are on **** street with those two in the building

Nearly as bad as my rugby league club that once signed a guy with one leg ! They went to scout a guy in deepest Wales only to approach his twin brother in the club house after the game. They offered him a signing on fee without knowing he’d lost the bottom half of his leg when he was in the army !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nearly as bad as my rugby league club that once signed a guy with one leg ! They went to scout a guy in deepest Wales only to approach his twin brother in the club house after the game. They offered him a signing on fee without knowing he’d lost the bottom half of his leg when he was in the army !

The problem being, he would have probably passed a Rovers fitness test.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, DE. said:

Wow, Hutchinson again. Hull give him all the time in the world, again, and he punishes them accordingly. 

Criminal to do that twice.

Now wonder manager's lose the plot. Must be so frustrating after all the tactical work they put in.

• Like 2