BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Are you sure about that?

First bit is still true, the likes of Stoke and QPR would canter past us we just have to somehow hope Huddersfield and Brum save us now 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom said:

First bit is still true, the likes of Stoke and QPR would canter past us we just have to somehow hope Huddersfield and Brum save us now 

And the last bit? How anyone were, or are, taking survivial for granted is beyond me.

Birmingham have a track record over the last 4-5 years of pulling out results at the death to save their skins. With floundering Huddersfield up next then a game against a Norwich side likely to be resting I expect they'll get at least 3 points, if not more. 

I don't even think a point will keep us up now that our GD has gone; we have to win one of the last two.

Huddersfield are going down but I expect Brum to get 4 points from their last 2 games, us to get 1 point against Coventry and lose to Leicester, Plymouth to beat Hull on the final day, and Sheff W to beat Sunderland and draw against WBA. 

I think we go down on GD and Brum stay up. The championship is very unpredictable so I hope I'm wrong though. Just don't see us staying up after a result like today. 

66% possession, 6 shots,  0 on target and lose 5-0

Your the man, Russell.

And contrary to opinion expressed by another they will not win the title, not gain an automatic promotion and, I really hope, continue Russell's implosion into the playoffs.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

I can see this fiasco going to the last day. Us needing 1 point for survival and Leicester needing 1 point to be champions. You just know with this Championship that the remaining fixtures will configure to go against us before the last day. 

18 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Coventry resting a lot of players tonight which probably means they'll be fresh for us on Saturday. Great! 

If Coventry lose tonight they are out of the race. They are probably resting players tonight because they are knackered after Sunday

• Like 2

Hull have gone favourites after the Coventry team news. 
Good for us if Coventry lose they’re out of the race and perhaps are less motivated vs us. Also keeps Hull in the race who play Plymouth on the final day and means Norwich have something to play for vs Birmingham

Does probably mean they’ll be full strength again when they play us on Saturday though 

Edited by superniko

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Hull have gone favourites after the Coventry team news. 
Good for us if Coventry lose they’re out of the race and perhaps are less motivated vs us. Also keeps Hull in the race who play Plymouth on the final day.

Does probably mean they’ll be full strength again when they play us on Saturday though 

The more important consideration is which Rovers team turns up.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

If Coventry lose tonight they are out of the race. They are probably resting players tonight because they are knackered after Sunday

That's not how I see it. 1-2 down at the moment on 63 points, with three games to play, so if they win all three and Norwich lose their final two then Coventry finish on the same points with a deficit of 3 goals to make up, which shouldn’t be a problem especially with a game against us. 

4 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

That's not how I see it. 1-2 down at the moment on 63 points, with three games to play, so if they win all three and Norwich lose their final two then Coventry finish on the same points with a deficit of 3 goals to make up, which shouldn’t be a problem especially with a game against us. 

So why rest players in a must win game ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Yes, three including this evening. To have any chance they need to win all three, including this one.

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Yes, three including this evening. To have any chance they need to win all three, including this one.

Coventry have three games remaining after this evening’s fixture. Notwithstanding this, If they lose tonight then they aren’t making the play offs.