BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Birmingham draw - we’re nearly there…

And a goal disallowed for offside too (their fans ran on the pitch). Wonderful stuff. 

I had them down as taking all 3 there so that's about as good a result as we could have expected. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

russell martinball is soooo last season🤣

How he's not got that team promoted automatically is beyond me - and Swansea are suing him for breach of contract. What a guy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

And a goal disallowed for offside too (their fans ran on the pitch). Wonderful stuff. 

I had them down as taking all 3 there so that's about as good a result as we could have expected. 

Anyone who was taking a point against Wednesday this morning, is now snatching your hand off. 

The Norwich & West Brom  results today means if Coventry beat Hull at home in midweek they’ll still have a significant interest in the top6 when they come to Ewood.

Edited by Hasta

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The Norwich & West Brom  results today means if Coventry beat Hull at home in midweek they’ll still have a significant interest in the top6 when they come to Ewood.

And if they don't beat Hull, they will have nothing to play for

• Like 1

• Backroom
50 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A few weeks later I'm suddenly a massive fan of that rule.

Was definitely blocking the keepers vision. 😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

And if they don't beat Hull, they will have nothing to play for

Which is massively important because it may be the difference between them bringing a small following, or this forum going into meltdown.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

Of course stoke won

Of course QPR winning 

Ffs 

We couldn’t have asked for much more today, stoke and QPR aren’t relevant in reality, plus if you want to consider them then as least Stoke winning meant Plymouth lost 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

We couldn’t have asked for much more today, stoke and QPR aren’t relevant in reality, plus if you want to consider them then as least Stoke winning meant Plymouth lost 

Glad Plymouth lost. Was hoping for 0-0 draws just to keep them in the thick of it too

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

PNE gifting another 3 points to a team in the relegation struggle. 

What a joke team they are.

But the killer is, they are going to finish above us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

I hope they do come here with that extra weight on their backs. We owe them one from last season...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agreed. Not taking 3 points off them is huge for Brum. In context had Plymouth not done so recently they'd be in the mire. Given how poor Rotherham are and how off the pace its a huge missed opportunity. 

Hudds v Brum is a 6 pointer and then some. And a draw would probably see both relegated. 

I don't really care how other teams get on. If we go down it's because we haven't been good enough.

Aside from the owners trying to deliberately relegate the club again, there have been too many games this season that our soft as fuck squad have just totally bottled.

Leeds game looked like they actually had a bit of fight in them. Hopefully they can build on that and maybe one day get the bollocks to actually contend with the opposition in the tough games.

• Like 3

Mikey Johnston of WBA resembling Damien Duff with his jinking run in highlights of their loss to Leicester. One of the best but rarer sights in football, I think.

Looks like they have quietly assembled a very good team. There’s a great assist from Kipre in the game too. I vaguely remember him being linked with Rovers.

Edit: Just watching a few more highlights of Johnston and he really does play in the style (if not level) of Duff. Has a similar running and shooting style.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

PNE gifting another 3 points to a team in the relegation struggle. 

What a joke team they are.

Under Lowe they get close but don't see to take that extra step and get into the top 6. 

I worked with some PNE fans and some think it time for Lowe to leave now and some think he should stay on and rebuild again for next season. under Lowe, at times they are boring to watch. That's the view of alot of PNE fans I work with

10 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Agreed. Not taking 3 points off them is huge for Brum. In context had Plymouth not done so recently they'd be in the mire. Given how poor Rotherham are and how off the pace its a huge missed opportunity. 

Hudds v Brum is a 6 pointer and then some. And a draw would probably see both relegated. 

Huddersfield seem to be down to me now. 4 nil lost at home to Swansea. You have to blame the owner and lack of direction from CEO/Sporting director for many things like lack of good signings, poor managers appointments like Moore and Breitenreiter. 

If they do go down it will be interesting what happens to the squad and head coach there. I would say massive changes are needed there in terms of head coach choice and playing squad needed for league 1. If I was them I would go and appoint Reading head coach Rubén Sellés who I feel has done a good job at Reading given the massive off the field problems there

6 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Mikey Johnston of WBA resembling Damien Duff with his jinking run in highlights of their loss to Leicester. One of the best but rarer sights in football, I think.

Looks like they have quietly assembled a very good team. There’s a great assist from Kipre in the game too. I vaguely remember him being linked with Rovers.

Edit: Just watching a few more highlights of Johnston and he really does play in the style (if not level) of Duff. Has a similar running and shooting style.

Johnston only on loan with them from Celtic .

Looks a real talent 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Johnston only on loan with them from Celtic .

Looks a real talent 

He’s got a lot of talent but can’t follow simple instructions at times, which is why he was shipped out on loan to learn from his mistakes at another club’s expense. Chris Sutton used to tear his hair out on commentary at the lad.