BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

Leicester hardly had a shot on target, all the ball and created virtually nothing and keeper had very little to do. They were shocking and Plymouth did what they needed to, scored a goal and defended manfully.

Leicester's problem is that they were already up, or so they thought. They played like they were already on the beach. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

The bigger that game becomes, the worse we'll play - so many of this team just have nothing about them when the pressure gets cranked up. 

With a bouncing and packed away end with them on the up as well if they win tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Leicester hardly had a shot on target, all the ball and created virtually nothing and keeper had very little to do. They were shocking and Plymouth did what they needed to, scored a goal and defended manfully.

Daka alone missed 2 that I'd fancy converting. 

I don’t know why people are surprised by these results. It happens at the end of every season. Teams that appear to be “ dead and buried “ start fighting for their lives. Tomorrow we get a chance to do the same. Let’s see whether we can do the same.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t why people are surprised by these results. It happens at the end of every season. Teams that appear to be “ dead and buried “ start fighting for their lives. Tomorrow we get a chance to do the same. Let’s see ether we can do the same.

I’ll be beyond amazed if we can.

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’ll be beyond amazed if we can.

My rugby league team had to play a play off final in France. They’d played the same French team a few weeks before in the league and lost about 36-6. The final was on our opponents ground. These are working lads, one of them couldn’t get time off work to fly out on the Thursday with the team. He had to fly out on his own on the Friday.  Our opponents hadn’t lost a game at home all season. Some of the lads were playing injured. At one point in the game we were 16-0 down.

Did they give up ? Did they bollocks give up. They got stuck in, ran their blood to water and ended up winning the cup and promotion by a couple of points.

When they presented the cup it still had our opponents ribbons on it because our opponents officials were that confident of winning they’d never bothered to buy ribbons in our colours ! 

It’s what’s beating under the badge that counts when the chips are down.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We're not good enough, we all know that - we're desperately hoping for the season to end so we can bring in some actually talented attackers. Freak results like this mean that we're going down. 

Dolan / Markanday et al out wide every week with Gallagher upfront is criminal. We're missing Hedges ffs. Ryan. Hedges. That should be classified as a war crime. 

They were mainstays of Mowbray's squad, a squad which finished 8th and subsequently 7th. The trouble is that my strongest 11 still has 8 players from Mowbray's tenure. 

I know there are many reasons/excuses, but the recruitment has been pathetic since Broughton and his extensive new team came on board. 

• Like 1

Mustupha Bundu played for Hereford a few years ago when he was at the local sports college. He’d come from Sierra Leone (think it may have been part of Craig Bellemys foundation). Ended up signing for Anderlecht which was a fair step up from non league.

Was really hoping he’d have a shocker tonight and instead he scores a cracker. 

That goal is bad for us on so many levels. Means Leicester are likely to need a win on the last day and Plymouth May well be clear of us.  It’s looking bad 😞 

9 minutes ago, M_B said:

They were mainstays of Mowbray's squad, a squad which finished 8th and subsequently 7th. The trouble is that my strongest 11 still has 8 players from Mowbray's tenure. 

I know there are many reasons/excuses, but the recruitment has been pathetic since Broughton and his extensive new team came on board. 

Our permanent signings since GB came in are…

Sammie

Brittain

Hyam

Leo

Sigurdsson

Tronstad

Fleck

Ennis

Mcfadzean

Telalovic 

There’s definitely been more failures that successes.

• Like 2

It's now between us, Birmingham, Sheff W, and Huddersfield for the final two spots. I had Plymouth to go down but that's an incredible result for them tonight and sees them safe. Fair play to them though. I see it this way:

We'll lose tomorrow and against Leicester, and draw against Sheff W and Cov. 48 points in total.

Birmingham will lose tomorrow, beat Rotherham, draw against Hudds, and draw against Norwich. 47 points.

Sheff W will win tomorrow, draw against us, beat WBA and draw at Sunderland. 49 points.

Huddersfield will draw against Bristol City, draw against Brum, win against Swansea, and lose to Ipswich. 48 points. 

That would keep us up on GD but the championship is so unpredictable.  The only thing that is predictable is that we prob won't win another game so we are reliant on other results.

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t why people are surprised by these results. It happens at the end of every season. Teams that appear to be “ dead and buried “ start fighting for their lives. Tomorrow we get a chance to do the same. Let’s see ether we can do the same.

We haven’t got it in us.  Not under this manager anyway. 

I

20 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Mustupha Bundu played for Hereford a few years ago when he was at the local sports college. He’d come from Sierra Leone (think it may have been part of Craig Bellemys foundation). Ended up signing for Anderlecht which was a fair step up from non league.

Was really hoping he’d have a shocker tonight and instead he scores a cracker. 

That goal is bad for us on so many levels. Means Leicester are likely to need a win on the last day and Plymouth May well be clear of us.  It’s looking bad 😞 

I just can’t see how our lot suddenly grow some balls, I’m afraid leopards never change their spots. Two wins in 20 plus games and that indefensible capitulation at Bristol suggests we have very little chance of surviving.

14 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I just can’t see how our lot suddenly grow some balls, I’m afraid leopards never change their spots. Two wins in 20 plus games and that indefensible capitulation at Bristol suggests we have very little chance of surviving.

We’ve always had a few battlers in the team. Maybe Sammie is the only one left and JRC. We’ve lost Travis. 

IMG_3683.jpeg

Edited by Dan

So that's QPR, Millwall and Plymouth who have all managed to defeat the mighty Leicester in the last few weeks whilst battling for their Championship lives.

We've got our chance to do the same. Over to the manager and players. But before then we'll have the local media and negative brigade telling us how it's mission impossible and how Leicester are unstoppable.

I'll never understand what's negative about making realistic predictions based on the ability of two teams. Leicester should have comfortably beaten QPR, Millwall and Plymouth, they are leaps and bounds ahead of us and them. They are shock results and the chances of a Leicester win in each was much more likely, as it will be against us. If I were to put my money on us or Leeds, I'd go with Leeds. That's not negativity it's just an educated football prediction. Same applies to the Leicester fixture.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I knew we’d win today, never doubted it, now need to not lose next week and I think we are nearly there 

Watching the Sheffield Wednesday - Stoke City game.

Two observations - I'm bloody glad we won today because Wednesday are all over Stoke. The Wednesday iFollow commentators have also clearly been pulled from the home end - insufferable.