BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

4 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

As would Leicester on the last day, we need 6 points from tonight and the Wednesday / Coventry fixtures.

I’ve no idea how many points will be sufficient I just hope, whatever that number is, we’ve got them before kick off on the final day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well if we haven’t we’ve only ourselves to blame. Two winnable home games to come.

Indeed - and it certainly doesn’t help (unless I’m misremembering) that we’ve only won a single game against the current bottom five.

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Before last night, Leeds had won their previous nine home league games.

I think anything we get there would have to be considered a bonus.

I found this website; https://www.11v11.com/teams/blackburn-rovers/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Leeds United/

In the entire history of the fixture Leeds have won 50% more games than Rovers, with BRFC losing 8 of the last 9. It's not looking good for Saturday.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I’m really worried about Wednesday, under the new manager they just seem to refuse to accept relegation and keep finding a way to survive. Tonight is must not lose but with Leeds on Saturday a nailed on defeat, we need a win.

They have done fantastically well to get back in the mix given they were miles behind and have off field issues. All that said, despite their good form it's still not been enough to get them out of the relegation zone and they have a horrific goal difference. Also they were battered recently 6-0, forget who by so there's a fragility in there. They're still up against it imo to avoid relegation, especially with 5 games left. 

8 hours ago, superniko said:

True, and I guess they're a different team now to the 1st half of the season. Never the less, I think every club will have similar feelings around 'I'm nervous for this fixture'. Ideally you want to be playing someone mid-table and nothing to play for (like us tonight!)

Actually the very best teams to play right at the end of the season are those who can’t go up automatically but are guaranteed a play-off place. It’s possible the both Coventry and Leicester could be in that category. Not likely but possible.

• Backroom

Sheffield Wednesday sold out their 7000 tickets for our game, Waggott probably working on plans to shift everyone out of the Jack Walker and open it up to them as well 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sheffield Wednesday sold out their 7000 tickets for our game, Waggott probably working on plans to shift everyone out of the Jack Walker and open it up to them as well 

If he could sell them the points, I swear he would. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom said:

It's absolutely crazy and totally counter productive - not a care in the world for results on the field. That man is a cretin. 

• Like 2

On 11/04/2024 at 06:38, Rogerb said:

Sheff Wednesday v Stoke on Saturday. If Sheff Wednesday win that not fancying our chances the week after.

We want a draw there, preferably 0-0.

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

2 point deduction for signing players you couldn’t afford to pay for who helped you get promoted and come back down £100 million pounds richer…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68790604

Outrageous that they effectively signed a player in front of us, by using money that should have gone to other clubs and was withheld. How is that punishment for such obvious cheating?

We would have made the playoffs with that signing for sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Outrageous that they effectively signed a player in front of us, by using money that should have gone to other clubs and was withheld. How is that punishment for such obvious cheating?

We would have made the playoffs with that signing for sure.

Not to mention getting to the FA cup semi final at the expense of other clubs. Two points does not act as a deterrent, surely.

• Like 1